Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Bregor posted:

All Chapmans Are Bastards

Chapmen?

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Popete posted:

It's just a few bad apples

this fine citizen was the victim of a radical antifa sinker to the head just a week ago. tired of the slanders and libels against those who field our ground balls

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

bewbies posted:

what is it with Americans and their fear of shirt ads?

they look dumb and a baseball jersey is one of like five remaining pieces of visual space that has not been dedicated to selling me a Chevy

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

Saturday

Lots of Oakland fans were super salty about them not playing Friday because they got swept in the Saturday doubleheader and the fans insist that the A's would have won with 9th inning magic

We're right

Squall posted:

Instant Replay is Fine.

It's not perfect but it is better than nothing.

My contention is that it is not

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
3 days ago: Matt Chapman probably won't hit IL

Today: Matt Chapman done for the season

Guess it's Olson's team now

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

bewbies posted:

I had the same surgery a couple years ago. My hip still kinda hurts sometimes but I was able to get back to hockey and tennis and baseball at the adult recreational level without incident!

i'm sure it'll be fine but it really came out of nowhere and gives me Eric Chavez flashbacks of a franchise third baseman cut down by injuries

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

jesus christ that smoke

how do you even play in that

Doubleheader today too lol

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Don't a lot of defensive stats take multiple seasons to be regarded as stable? I feel like just in general, even if the stat is decent, fielding stats in an abbreviated season are just going to be innately shaky

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
the fangraphs defensive rating thing I think adjusts really really hard for position which is why Matt Olson is a comfortable career negative despite being probably the best defensive first basemen in the game the last few years. Mookie's at or near the top in like every overall fielding stat I could think to check among RFs

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
The key is to just be Matt Olson and be good at all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/jmackeypg/status/1309609171952820224?s=21

So all they’ve got is the testimony of cops saying he “smelled like alcohol”...?

Edited to add: ok I think they took a blood sample as well so they’re waiting on the toxicology report.

I don’t know how much interest this is to everybody btw so mods lmk if you want to shut down DUI chat in here

Not a mod obviously and thank god but I don't see why a fairly high ranking prospect potentially going to jail for years wouldn't be regarded as newsworthy for the baseball thread, and for whatever it's worth while I don't have a lot to say about it I'm interested in what happens and appreciate the updates