Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
All CraigKimbrels Are Bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Hey Siri show me a completely tone-deaf message

https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/1300825798769889285

Bregor
May 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/1300838080652496896

lol

Bregor
May 31, 2013

bewbies posted:

why is that bad?

I mean if you think billionaires slashing payroll to get avoid a tax they could easily afford while the product on the field has a .340 winning percentage with a 6 ERA is worthy of celebration, then it's not bad I guess

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The Pussy Boss posted:

If the alternative is a .400 winning percentage, a barren farm system and less money to spend in future seasons then... Yes, it kinda is? Red sox wouldn't be a winning team this year with Mookie, and Verdugo is off to a great start in Boston.

Having that as a strategy is one thing (that I still disagree with but whatever), spiking the football on Twitter that you spent less of a billionaire's money is another.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

All Chapmans Are Bastards

Chapmen?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

bewbies posted:

both teams select a champion, the champion dons catcher gear and selects a baseball bat, and then they fight, the survivor's team wins the game

both of the yankees obvious choices are hurt as usual so they'd pick...Voit, I guess

obviously the rays go with choi

If this is how the AL East is going to shake out then I'm putting everything I own on Toronto and their Beefy Lads.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/tbtimes_rays/status/1301355112456126465?s=21

I’m putting my homer cap on and saying that is just an embarrassing quote to have out there

Dry your ears leftards

Bregor
May 31, 2013

No Safe Word posted:

People definitely cared about missed/bad calls what the hell?

This. People will always find something to bitch about.

Replay, as it is currently implemented, sucks. There's no reason it should take so loving long.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Dinosaurs! posted:

I’m not sure if I’d remember Braden as much if it weren’t for his perfect game combined with the Arod jawing.

e: which I just looked up and could have sworn the perfect game happened first. Huh.

Was he the pitcher who got all salty when someone ran back to the dugout too close to the mound? Cos that was amazing

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronavirus posted:

They should literally fire umps that do the exaggerated strikeout signs thing. Holy poo poo its obvious your narcissism is showing.

Strong unwritten rules energy in this post

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronavirus posted:

If anything, any of the dumb ump stuff is "written rules" energy.

:discourse:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

At least a couple of the Yankees have been talking about tipping rather than signs being stolen. I dunno, everybody is garbage trash and the world is a gently caress.

MLB C/V September: everybody is garbage trash and the world is a gently caress

Bregor
May 31, 2013

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Sounds like Alejandro Kirk has been activated and the blue jays get even chonkier

:yeshaha:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Sydin posted:

Literally Alec Mills.

It feels weird to read "Literally [player name]" and not have it be Travis Ishikawa because that was Literally Travis Ishikawa

Kirios posted:

Dodgers fans think they're the heroes in all of this but they're just looking more and more pathetic.

are you serious

is he serious

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Cruz will be a first ballot inductee into the TwinsFacts™ Hall of Fame

Bregor
May 31, 2013

euphronius posted:

Sosa has to get in first

ftfy

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If Kershaw wanted some respect he shouldn’t have hung a meatball over the plate imho.

Pimp All Dingers and Bunt Singles

:hmmyes:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bird in a Blender posted:

Maddon’s handling of Hendricks in 2016 was so frustrating and it carried over into game 7. If anything, Hendricks can probably go longer than most guys because he doesn’t throw hard.

Yeah Kyle was never a Third Time Thru the Order red flag guy but Maddon had his own galaxy brain reasons for yanking him constantly.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Intruder posted:

Nah, Trump's new 6-3 supreme court decisions will gut labor powers and the union will be disbanded

I’m just glad they MLB will exist in the Trumpian States of America because not that many people kneeled. :chaostrump:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kirios posted:

I fear that Vlad Jr. may not be that superstar player that everyone thought he'd be.

Yes it’s really a shame he hasn’t reached his full potential at *checks notes* twenty-one years old

Bregor
May 31, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

That dude's totally gonna turn out to be a Q fan.

It's Boston so even best case scenario is he's just a run of the mill lunatic racist

Bregor
May 31, 2013

"We are planning on having the beaches open," says Amity mayor Larry Vaughn, with the holiday weekend approaching. "One of the most important things on our island is tourists swimming and enjoying the beaches. Starting down the path of having vacationers arriving, and in a safe and shark-free environment, is very, very important to our economy."

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Popete posted:

Trevor Bauer is going to win the Cy Young and I hate it

Maybe writers won't vote for him because he's a chu-hahaha oh man I can't even

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Popete posted:

I love hitting with wood, it sounds and feels great.

That said, ALL HAIL BONESABER

I am here for all BONESABER-related content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Ryguy005 posted:

Back then it was mostly because he sucked so hard defensively and was a singles hitter I thought he was going to go down hill fast.

welp