Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Bregor posted:

All Chapmans Are Bastards

Chapmen?

Aroldises Chapman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Intruder posted:

My Illinois family

loving

LOVES

Imo's

Well the ones from Champaign anyway, not the Effingham crew

The estranged family thread is in GBS.

They can help. Nobody should have to suffer Provel.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Is he still married to Kate Upton?

How hard is it to say “Hey, I’ve got it pretty good” and walk away with a literal fortune, championship ring, and model wife.

From all accounts- incredibly.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/s/dimaggiobook7.html

Here's Joe DiMaggio, certified all-time legend, when his wife went without him for part of a USO tour through Japan and Korea: She had to tell Joe how wonderful it was. They loved everything she did! They loved her! Thousands of men, screaming her name. . . . "Joe, you never heard such cheering."

"Yes I have," he said.

"Lefty O'Doul would say, years later, that trip marked the first time Joe realized what a big star his wife had become -- she put DiMaggio in the shade, and that's when he turned surly."

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Miz Kriss posted:

And another first round sweep by the Yankees?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Intruder posted:

.....gently caress, I just remembered bullshit expanded playoffs are presumably permanent now

There's no way the MLBPA would sign off on that, if you can back in to the playoffs at .500 (or below) you'll probably have fewer tanks, but also zero incentive to Yankee/Dodger it up. If the playoffs are a crapshoot and 85 wins will get you in, why try for more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

since when did the white sox have a beanpole guy who throws the easiest 100 i've ever seen with an insane wipeout slider

Since June 10th, he was the 11th pick in the draft this year.