Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if you can't tell whether a call is egregious enough to be overturned within 30 seconds, then it's not clear enough and the call should just fuckin' stand

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's a cubspost: alec mills stinks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Humber pitxhed a perfecto and was out of the league like a year later, Braden got into a high-profile dustup with A-Rod that involved his grandmother.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

Strop is a Cub again :unsmith:

i don't care if he's washed, pedro rules, let's see some ill-advised quick pitches.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1302057853423886337?s=20

i'm so glad this poo poo fake season is at least giving us Good Yu and Good Heyward

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Kemp had zero bangs yeah

Gentleman Tony Kemp

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I HATE THE SEVEN INNING DOUBLE HEADER

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Man, the pie guys can't get a single loving break.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/NBCSCubs/status/1302690999135883265?s=20

\

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

loving cubs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mike_V posted:

i'd rather all umps behave like frank drebin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyghaQMO5HQ

Hey, it's Enrico Palazzo!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CUBS HAVE BILLY HAMILTON!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

billy hamilton is a player that i can truly not ever dislike no matter how absolutely lovely his stats are, dude who is insanely fast and cannot do anything else is an insanely cool type of baseball player, i will not change my mind on this until i have to actually watch him try to hit.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/annieheilbrunn/status/1304590251210366976?s=20

e: looks like a giants player tested positive for Covid

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 12, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

yeah you loving assholes how dare you catch an insanely contagious virus when your job has you constantly traveling and being around people in an extremely unsafe and irresponsible attempt to make tv money

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

Every year one of our rec league games is played at Boomer Stadium in Schaumburg. It's a nice independent league park part of the Frontier League. Just got an email that the White Sox last minute need to use the Stadium tomorrow and our game is going to be rescheduled.

What would the White Sox need another stadium for? Is this for the taxi squad stuff?

The Sox are using Schaumburg as their Alternate Site, like how the Cubs have South Bend because the Sox' actual minor league teams are not in the area.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm melting down

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm melting down

uh, never mind lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs are letting kimbrel close games again, if anyone is missing the rush from Extreme Sports

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao alec mills of all people

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine getting no-noed by this guy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Mitch McConnell loving moonlighting in the Cubs rotation wtf

how dare you

IMO, he looks like this dude

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you all need to watch what we do in the shadows

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

intruder i am sorry but your team banged the cans.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs no hitters at miller park have come because of a hurricane and because of a plague

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love that the cubs no-nos since 2009 have been Zambrano, Arrieta, Arrieta, Some Guy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I just learned that there have been 2 no hitters thrown at Miller Park and both were by cubs pitchers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm going to the world series bubble and i'm going to bang cans

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's a weird baseball thing you've probably never seen: cleveland hits a late home run to tie the game against the cubs, but then blows it

(ok this time it was on two consecutive hit batsmen to get walked off)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shiroc posted:

Cleveland has started making a lot of really bad mental errors. I wonder if Francona is worse off than the team has been putting out.

They were distracted by the drone.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a few of the urlacher hair replacement billboards on I90 are being replaced by Ian Happ hair replacement ads.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i wonder if happ is the youngest person featured on a hair replacement billboard

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

Whoa, I just saw that the Reds won 5 in a row and snuck into 2nd place in the Central? I had written them off this year tbqh

the NL Central is abysmal

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Donaldson going off

quote:

"[If] the umpire consistently isn't doing [his] job correctly, that's affecting our careers, that's affecting our success," Donaldson told reporters on Saturday in a video call, according to a transcription by the Star Tribune. "At the end of the day, there's no reprimand, no accountability for the guys that are making the decision. As a matter of fact, they don't care. They don't care at all, most of them. They just want to get the game over with, for the most part, and it's pretty sad because guys are making six figures a year and there's no accountability."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

How do you all think GMs and agents are going to be dealing with such a weird, short season? I'm interested because Bryant and Baez are up for potentially enormous contracts after next season and they have been awful this season, and I wonder how that might affect potential extensions or (as the Ricketts family seems to have indicated) trade value.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

looks like he got into fenway this way

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the ESPN talking to a fielder in the middle of the game gimmick is driving me insane, although it would be funny if they talked to an infielder who just says oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo every time someone hits a laser right at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A-Rod must be stopped