Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

She's finally going to brew that tea in her cut up stockings.

Atleast something like that is my guess. Basically Haachama Cooking but with Ame and Drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So Kiara's been playing Among Us and it's been a fun stream so far. I tried to join but rooms filled so fast I had no chance.

Kiara got Imposter in her final round and it should be watched because it's hilarious.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Onean posted:

https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1320667900542214145?s=19

A couple things of note on Amelia's schedule here. There's a L4D2 collab on Thursday and a stream titled just Watson Concoction on the 31st. I'm incredibly curious what she's going to do for that.

Good lord that picture is adorable

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Watson Concoction is what she calls the stuff in the syringes strapped to her thigh, she had a bit during her debut where she injected her viewers with it and then messed around with a bunch of ridiculous stream effects. So it's possible it could just be an extended version of that, maybe she found some more effects to play with.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Just showed it, she was milking it hard.

Tormented fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 26, 2020

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Her twintails move when she blinks and I think we’ve gone a bit too far with that.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I really like the full outfit, with the jacket and everything.

Also, is this a new background for her that goes with it?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Pollyanna posted:

Her twintails move when she blinks and I think we’ve gone a bit too far with that.

Her previous outfit also has the twitchy hair. It works fine for Haachamachama.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Onean posted:

https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1320667900542214145?s=19

A couple things of note on Amelia's schedule here. There's a L4D2 collab on Thursday and a stream titled just Watson Concoction on the 31st. I'm incredibly curious what she's going to do for that.

Scheduling yourself to stream twice a day is certainly ambitious and I'm not complaining. Looks to be another great week of stuff. I can't get over how cute that fan art is and Haachama collab should be hopefully a treat.

New Haachama outfit is also super cute.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Haachamuptown Funk was everything I could have hoped for

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TdesuJ/status/1320603374555942912

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I love this

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kayo's playing Minecraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4SF6ThbRB4

When she opens her mouth, it looks like my cat when he yawns. :v: Which is rather cute.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also she's doing landscaping until she hits 260k so go help get her there!!!!

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Pekora is trying to read the story that Moona wrote about them both in Minecraft. It's adorable.

Edit: Moona found her reading the book and this has become great.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 26, 2020

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Miko's ARK stream chat is just full of bots spamming. Its so sad :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tormented posted:

Miko's ARK stream chat is just full of bots spamming. Its so sad :(

Solution: subscriber-only chat. In the worst case you get a larger subscriber count!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That uh... Sure is an angle on Coco in that ARK stream lol

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
My new favorite thing I've began to notice from the Japanese vtubers is when they ask "How do you say 'English phrase' in English?" It's like they broke brain for a minute, I guess due to English's pre-existing wide spread online and in the general global lexicon they don't realize they're already using it. Basically "How do you say 'deja vu' in French?"

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

NuclearWinterUK posted:

Pekora is trying to read the story that Moona wrote about them both in Minecraft. It's adorable.

Edit: Moona found her reading the book and this has become great.

pekora asked moona to destroy aquas sign asking moona to come back

she did

then moona went to aquas house and placed a bunch of signs about how she chooses pekora and that she pays better and pekora freaked the gently caress out and took them down lol

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
I'm already looking forward to the Kensetsu Wars of 2021.

Pekora is once again having to improve the slime trap because clumsy idols keep killing themselves.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 26, 2020

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
How does this spam on coco actually work?
Why is it possible in youtube to just keep on creating new accounts? Like, shouldn't there be a confirm-step of some sort, to prevent scripting this up?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

PerOlus posted:

Why is it possible in youtube to just keep on creating new accounts? Like, shouldn't there be a confirm-step of some sort, to prevent scripting this up?

It’s Google, don’t expect them to be competent in places where it doesn’t make them money.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Youtubes chat system is decades behind something like twitches. If youtube wants proper community engagement they need to start updating it ASAP.

People bypassing slow mode? Lack of animated emotes support in their API. Im guessing youtube doesn't allow for the specialized bots you can have in the chats like moobot in twitch that your mods can configure to block out 95% of spam. It is super easy to take control of your chat in twitch.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I saw this video on independent Vtubers and I thought it was pretty good. I will say I know nothing else about the channel, they could be a horrible monster for all I know, just thought this one was pretty good.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

PerOlus posted:

Apparently the spammers use a plugin that makes the chat look like Niconico comments, so spamming fucks the video up. Funnily you'll only see the effect if you have the plugin installed, so they're... basically... sabotaging the stream for themselves...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Youtubes chat system is decades behind something like twitches. If youtube wants proper community engagement they need to start updating it ASAP.

People bypassing slow mode? Lack of animated emotes support in their API. Im guessing youtube doesn't allow for the specialized bots you can have in the chats like moobot in twitch that your mods can configure to block out 95% of spam. It is super easy to take control of your chat in twitch.

Night bot exists, t chan said they're working on filters right now.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/BanjofriesImg/status/1320572827049885696

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Uptown Funk with only Haachama sounds
https://youtu.be/H28Un8RFUIA

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Teek posted:

My new favorite thing I've began to notice from the Japanese vtubers is when they ask "How do you say 'English phrase' in English?" It's like they broke brain for a minute, I guess due to English's pre-existing wide spread online and in the general global lexicon they don't realize they're already using it. Basically "How do you say 'deja vu' in French?"

Having lived in Japan, It's mostly due to there being a lot of English loanwords that are used now and have been used for decades to the point that it's ingrained in to the Japanese language, just like the word karaoke is in English most people don't know it's a Japanese word.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I dig Haachama's new costume, nice that she got like 3 versions of it, I do kind of miss that tiny rear end pony tail thing she had stick out of the side thought, it was cute.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Lyer posted:

I dig Haachama's new costume, nice that she got like 3 versions of it, I do kind of miss that tiny rear end pony tail thing she had stick out of the side thought, it was cute.

I doubt she’ll abandon her default. The only ones that pretty much never wear their default Flare, Roboco, and Subaru. I can’t even think of the last time I’ve seen Subaru’s original outfit outside of a 3D stream.

Belan
May 7, 2007
https://youtu.be/ZBmh0qZGfV0?t=7748

Miko living the dream.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Reclines Obesily posted:

pekora asked moona to destroy aquas sign asking moona to come back

she did

then moona went to aquas house and placed a bunch of signs about how she chooses pekora and that she pays better and pekora freaked the gently caress out and took them down lol

Well, she *does* pay much better. Then again, Pekora is easily the richest player in that server. Which is kind of weird considering she usually has like four hundred yen max in her wallet.

e: wait I minute, I tuned to Haachama's MC stream but this is Akai Haato instead! I've been bamboozled!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 26, 2020

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Kiara mentioned in her Among Us stream that shes never had a credit card. That seems wild to me from my American perspective, but maybe that's not as unusual in other countries?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SpartanIvy posted:

Kiara mentioned in her Among Us stream that shes never had a credit card. That seems wild to me from my American perspective, but maybe that's not as unusual in other countries?

In Japan, no. And probably not in Austria.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Yep, you generally don't have a credit card over here in Germany and I'm pretty sure Austria is culturally close enough that it'll be the same.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

SpartanIvy posted:

I'm American and neither me nor my friends have ever had credit cards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SpartanIvy posted:

Japan is definitely one of the most cash-based societies in the world. 80% of Japanese retail sales are still in cash, and a lot of that 20% cashless are foreigners. It's a small, low-crime rate country with an older population, so it makes sense.

A lot of the cards/digital transactions in Japan are also not credit cards. There's stuff like prepaid cards that work at a variety of establishments like train stations, vending machines, convenience stores, etc, that are super convenient for tourists. Prepaid cards in general are huge in Japan, that's why a lot of memes about mobile games use the iconography of prepaid google play cards, for instance.

Putting that all together having never had a credit card in Japan is pretty common even for younger people. I'm no expert but I feel like credit cards are mostly associated with very rich people.

edit: oh shes austrian lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

trucutru posted:

e: wait I minute, I tuned to Haachama's MC stream but this is Akai Haato instead! I've been bamboozled!

Yeah wait a sec, what's going on here?

Also the HAACHAAMAA cover of Uptown funk is really good but I think recorded at like 1.2x speed? I re-listened to it at .75 on youtube and it sounded almost perfect. (like .8x would have been ideal)