Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe Calli has also talked about partaking of the kindness in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It took Hana Macchia some 25 minutes to get through the dominatrix training substory in Yakuza 0 as she constantly had to stop and collect herself before being able to read the lines out loud.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Jerkface posted:

All I want to know is where is Monoe

Hopefully doing well :smith:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Waffleman_ posted:

I believe Calli has also talked about partaking of the kindness in the past.

IIRC, she took one hit and had the worst panic attack in her life.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm so hyped for Korone Meme review holy poo poo

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Joshlemagne posted:

Ame's debut stream was sending chat on a psychedelic trip after injecting them with an unknown substance.

Unknown substance, not known illegal drug.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, the ban on VShojo is incredibly weird, considering that JP talent collabs with talent outside of Hololive, including talent of rival companies, literally all the time. Heck, even in HoloEN, Ina had a Monster Hunter collab with Pochi like 6 days ago. There were bunch of huge Among Us collabs with Nijisanji crew and independent Vtubers at the end of February as well.

its because v shojo sucks besisdes nyannsers of course

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Dongicus posted:

You must be lost and looking for the "Wrong Opinions" thread.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lyer posted:

I think that will be the norm when vtubing becomes more established or if/when talents jump ship to another agency and take a big chunk of the viewers with them.

Enjoy this scuffed era while it lasts, it will eventually turn into the big, stale, corporate sponsored, atmosphere that permeates the rest of the entertainment industry.

Yeah, as soon as that happens, I’m prolly jumping ship. Things getting corporate is the same as things starting to suck.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

SpartanIvy posted:

You must be lost and looking for the "Wrong Opinions" thread.

I'm right.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Dongicus posted:

https://twitter.com/EngVTubersOOC/status/1382828854113300481

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

You jack off to this?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dongicus posted:

You jack off to this?

ya? you dont?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Kild posted:

ya? you dont?

:hmmyes:

Gura's got an unarchived Karaoke in about 45m as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5olykjiyuY

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Dongicus posted:

You jack off to this?

lol at trying to pretend that you don't.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Dongicus posted:

I mean it's true but you shouldn't say it

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
In other news, I am watching Kiara's Among Us stream and the Walfie avatar REALLY enhances the experience. :allears:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dongicus posted:

You jack off to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPsHSMRd8hM

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Lt. Lizard posted:

Do note that none of those previous identities are Vtubers though. They are either streamer personalities using their real face, or outright official artists and I am not aware about any Hololive talent using another Vtuber persona on the side. So there might be a restriction that they can't use another Vtuber persona while employed by Cover. (although a lot of their past Vtuber personas are still *there*, just inactive so it's not like they are forced to completely get rid of them either).

Noel is kinda sorta sometimes using her old vtuber avatar. It's still the main picture of her various youtube and nico accounts and she did play Paper Mario on her gaming channel last year. Presumably during the Great Copyright Content Purge of 2020. But I think she just streamed the game with no vtuber avatar or rl camera.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Lt. Lizard posted:

In other news, I am watching Kiara's Among Us stream and the Walfie avatar REALLY enhances the experience. :allears:

Kind of amazing how often it fits with the vibe of Kiara streams, moreso even than Ame streams

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Dongicus posted:

Look at this narrow view. Iron Mouse is a cinnamon roll. A pixel-censored cinnamon roll but one nonetheless.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Aaand Kiara had enough fun with Among Us that she decided to slowly begin to organize another big Among Us collab.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Kind of amazing how often it fits with the vibe of Kiara streams, moreso even than Ame streams

I really don't like Kiara's design and I think the Walfie avatar fixes it. I don't know if I can really even articulate what bothers me about her design.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Gura just told a story about a friend of hers liking the taste of chocolate flavored chapstick so much she ate it

and it says something that my biggest surprise is that this is about gura's friend and not gura herself.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rubellavator posted:

I really don't like Kiara's design and I think the Walfie avatar fixes it. I don't know if I can really even articulate what bothers me about her design.

My guess would be that the way her model is rigged up in a way that when she moves its almost liquid-like how everything shifts. That and the face seems to be at an angle similar to how Risu's face is.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Log082 posted:

Gura just told a story about a friend of hers liking the taste of chocolate flavored chapstick so much she ate it

and it says something that my biggest surprise is that this is about gura's friend and not gura herself.

Ah, yes... A "friend"....:airquote:

.....Is what I would usually say, but this is Gura we are talking about and she would proudly announce that she ate a chocolate flavored chapstick to the whole world.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I feel like there's an odd narrative that Cover is some kind of evil slavemaster corporation headed by a cackling Yagoo in a devil suit who tricks its talent into signing one-sided blood contracts, instead of them being a sometimes-incompetent talent agency that has hosed up badly several times in the past and has probably decided that discretion is the better part of valor.

"While you're streaming under your holo avatar you have to follow some restrictions that may take time to change" doesn't feel like a really unreasonable ask, especially since Cover doesn't seem to give a poo poo about what the talents do on their non-Holo time. "No collabing with VShojo" is the current rule, which to me makes sense from Cover's standpoint because HoloEN is still extremely new and VShojo is even newer(even if the talents therein are old hands, the agency itself is new and presumably collabs would involve the two agencies talking stuff out). As someone mentioned upthread, it's entirely likely that Cover is unwilling to really rock the boat with HoloEN yet because their success has been so wildly unexpected and unprecedented that they don't want to risk messing it up.

I imagine it's likely that ideas may change once HoloEN becomes more of an established thing with multiple generations as opposed to a meteorically successful weird maverick phenomenon.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kanos posted:

I feel like there's an odd narrative that Cover is some kind of evil slavemaster corporation headed by a cackling Yagoo in a devil suit who tricks its talent into signing one-sided blood contracts, instead of them being a sometimes-incompetent talent agency that has hosed up badly several times in the past and has probably decided that discretion is the better part of valor.

"While you're streaming under your holo avatar you have to follow some restrictions that may take time to change" doesn't feel like a really unreasonable ask, especially since Cover doesn't seem to give a poo poo about what the talents do on their non-Holo time. "No collabing with VShojo" is the current rule, which to me makes sense from Cover's standpoint because HoloEN is still extremely new and VShojo is even newer(even if the talents therein are old hands, the agency itself is new and presumably collabs would involve the two agencies talking stuff out). As someone mentioned upthread, it's entirely likely that Cover is unwilling to really rock the boat with HoloEN yet because their success has been so wildly unexpected and unprecedented that they don't want to risk messing it up.

I imagine it's likely that ideas may change once HoloEN becomes more of an established thing with multiple generations as opposed to a meteorically successful weird maverick phenomenon.

I don't think they're evil like other actual idol agencies. I do think they're struggling to keep up with how rapidly their talents are growing and how fast they're running up to legal walls. I would also imagine any collaboration would involve the managers from both companies talking and agreeing on terms/grounds/guidelines for how the stream would be. Nijisanji and Cover have history at this point so their collabs are more then less okay now. Both Subaru and Maimoto have both said that early on Nijisanji was hesitant to let him collab with Subaru/Hololive. I wouldn't be surprised if Hololive/Cover just haven't had the time to actually talk to VShojo to establish ground rules. Independent vtubers would just be the managers talking to individuals to get them to agree on certain rules.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I don't think I've ever seen a chat stream fly by faster than when Gura asked for song recommendations.

Now she's doing Strangers in the Night. Sinatra songs are absolutely her best ones.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Kanos posted:

Yeah talent agency is probably the best description of them, I don't see these companies as anywhere near as personally restrictive and demanding and extractive as typical group pop music companies. No forced conformity or unreasonable demands on public behavior. You can literally stream from a dark bedroom at your parent's apartment, your job is only to drive Engagement from a streaming audience. The few restrictions that are placed are from an position of corporate rear end-covering.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

One of you fuckers better have a link to a saved stream

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Lyer posted:

One of you fuckers better have a link to a saved stream

It's an unarchived members karaoke so... unlikely, unfortunately.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Did any of you watch the Kiara/Calli Clubhouse games stream? Calli just like... loses all energy about half way through in way that was actually kind of distressing to watch. :ohdear:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Log082 posted:

Such things can be found, plus the clippers grab songs.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Saw kakage's Suisei art yesterday and thought it was odd that he hadn't designed anyone's vtuber avatar yet.

He's mostly known in the GBF community as the biggest Rosetta fan, but he's also a huge Towa fan and even drew the trophies for the Hololive Mario Kart tourney that Towa ran.

Anyway, someone on reddit seems to have read my mind and posted this. Seems like Cover has had this in their back pocket for over a year now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kakage0904/status/1240914484417327104

Makes me wonder what other designs they have stored away.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 17, 2021

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Beartaco posted:

Did any of you watch the Kiara/Calli Clubhouse games stream? Calli just like... loses all energy about half way through in way that was actually kind of distressing to watch. :ohdear:

She's been pushing herself hard after just getting over illness. Plus it wasn't their originally planned game.

Not really surprising she wore herself out.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Also does anyone have a gif or gifs of those little HoloEN dancing animations they've been using lately? They're adorable and they capture their personalities so well, Kiara's epecially!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Log082 posted:

It'd be nice if setting a reminder in youtube actually worked for these streams, I miss most of them because youtube is a busted piece of poo poo. :sigh:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a chat stream fly by faster than when Gura asked for song recommendations.

It doesn't help that chat is full of jackasses who spam the same thing 10 times in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

Such things can be found, plus the clippers grab songs.

I thought clippers usually avoided members content, though I guess maybe not for karaoke