Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo: Jesus, Mousey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Hmm... Shin_umiushi's the guy who did Coco's New Year's outfit. His work isn't bad, but considering Coco's outfit had that buggy foot shading, it seems some details slip by him.

On the other hand, I would be lying if I said his work is even close to being on par with top tier riggers like Keffiy. Seems like Gura will continue to have the most limited L2D of the bunch.

Edit: also, have some Gen 4 wholesomeness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceuc_mOxZDQ

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Brunom1 posted:

Hmm... Shin_umiushi's the guy who did Coco's New Year's outfit. His work isn't bad, but considering Coco's outfit had that buggy foot shading, it seems some details slip by him.

On the other hand, I would be lying if I said his work is even close to being on par with top tier riggers like Keffiy. Seems like Gura will continue to have the most limited L2D of the bunch.

He also did Gura and Anya's base designs, so there's a pattern of mistakes and not-great riggings. This is gonna sound mean but I rather wish Cover stopped hiring him.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

E:^^^ tbh it might have been used with an expectation that it would get better with time, but it wasn't the case. Also could be that the rigging was done months ago, especially going by the other EN members seeing the outfits a while ago.

Brunom1 posted:

Did he do Coco's most recent one too? Would explain some of the more egregious errors if it was a timing issue, they've never released this many outfits close together yeah? The weirdest thing for me is the lack of hairstyles, Gura's rarely uses her accessories, so you can't miss what you don't have.

E2: VVV loving explains everything, considering the backlash, Gura will probably get re-rigged eventually.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 7, 2021

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lyer posted:

E:^^^ tbh it might have been used with an expectation that it would get better with time, but it wasn't the case. Also could be that the rigging was done months ago, especially going by the other EN members seeing the outfits a while ago.

Did he do Coco's most recent one too? Would explain some of the more egregious errors if it was a timing issue, they've never released this many outfits close together yeah? The weirdest thing for me is the lack of hairstyles, Gura's rarely uses her accessories, so you can't miss what you don't have.

Coco 2.0 and Coco Casual are both keffiy. It's why she can move her head so much now.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 7, 2021

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Gura's cat ears would have been better if her costume reveal was done before Kiara's, Kiara having not just cat ears but a tail too kind of made this a bit less fun. Her new costume is awesome though at least.

Maybe, but...

a) Gura already has a tail
b) Kiara's cat tail looks iffy as gently caress.

Rubellavator posted:

Why did they put the least effort in on the most popular girl why are they like this?

Cover is weird like that. Pekora still doesn't have her second set of clothes (the prison outfit was commissioned by her and is more of a joke outfit) as she's really popular too. :iiam:

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 7, 2021

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Kyte posted:

Coco 2.0 and Coco Casual are both keffiy. It's why she can move her head so much now.

E: Coco New Year's doesn't seem to be anybody that posts on twitter. I checked her mama's account for the relevant retweet but there wasn't any.

Are you thinking of Coco's original L2D, rather than her New Year outfit? That one doesn't have a known rigger, aye, and it might even have been done by Cover, which is why Coco wasn't afraid at all to comment on how jank it was.

trucutru posted:

b) Kiara's cat tail looks iffy as gently caress.

I noticed that as well. It kinda looks like a flat texture, which is quite jarring compared to the quasi-3D quality the rest of her has.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Brunom1 posted:

Are you thinking of Coco's original L2D, rather than her New Year outfit? That one doesn't have a known rigger, aye, and it might even have been done by Cover, which is why Coco wasn't afraid at all to comment on how jank it was.

I was just misled. After crawling through umiushi's timeline some more (took a while) I found the relevant tweet.
https://twitter.com/Shin_umiushi_O/status/1344866500704755718

Also he did NY Izuru.
https://twitter.com/Shin_umiushi_O/status/1346147570100260865
It's... pretty drat stiff.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

Cover is weird like that. Pekora still doesn't have her second set of clothes (the prison outfit was commissioned by her and is more of a joke outfit) as she's really popular too. :iiam:

Pekora has a New Years outfit, and she doesn’t seem to want anything else, I don’t think Cover is refusing to give her a new outfit.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brunom1 posted:

I noticed that as well. It kinda looks like a flat texture, which is quite jarring compared to the quasi-3D quality the rest of her has.

It's basically a texture that gets animated by shifting different heights of it to the left or right, like an old-school video-game dragon with a long neck.

Exia posted:

Pekora has a New Years outfit, and she doesn’t seem to want anything else, I don’t think Cover is refusing to give her a new outfit.

Pekora says the new outfit is coming tho. It's just taking a shitload of time. So it's more like cover is probably having trouble making it for some reason or another.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

trucutru posted:

Pekora says the new outfit is coming tho. It's just taking a shitload of time. So it's more like cover is probably having trouble making it for some reason or another.

If it's a complicated outfit...I would guess that they want to take their time with the rigging :v:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I mean you can just compare the new En Girl outfit riggings and see that Gura's is not great.

Mori: https://twitter.com/MegaJujube/status/1389242045118652416

Kiara: https://twitter.com/keffiy/status/1389711130625417221

Ina: https://twitter.com/MegaJujube/status/1390067805043658755

Gura: https://twitter.com/Shin_umiushi_O/status/1390474532712960001

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 7, 2021

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I mean you can just compare the new En Girl outfit riggings and see that Gura's is not great.

I suppose it doesn't help that expectations were running sky high for Gura's outfit considering we were coming in from an absolutely stellar showcase of L2D rigging for Gen 4 and EN, starting with Coco and going all the way to Ina yesterday.

Had Gura's been the first outfit revealed, I don't imagine people would be crying foul quite as hard (the subreddit had to be locked for new posts for an hour because folks were bitching that much).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, both Ina and Calli got one hell of a rig (personally I prefer Ina's). Kiara is close to those but it's mostly the sheer kiaraness of it what makes it work. Gura is pretty half-rear end in comparison, not bad, just not at the same level.

Ame's is going to be wild.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 7, 2021

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
counterpoint: they're all good and even a funky rig can be dangerous in the hands of a good talent

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
When you have them all lined up the difference is pretty glaring. I really hope they take another pass at Gura's rigging since she really likes the outfit. Currently it seems even more stiff then her original. I can only hope that Keffiy rigged Ame's outfit so we can get maximum gremlin energy.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

When you have them all lined up the difference is pretty glaring. I really hope they take another pass at Gura's rigging since she really likes the outfit. Currently it seems even more stiff then her original. I can only hope that Keffiy rigged Ame's outfit so we can get maximum gremlin energy.

Even if it is hosed up, Ame will just pull random body parts from twitter to compensate

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lyer posted:

Even if it is hosed up, Ame will just pull random body parts from twitter to compensate

That just reminded me that with a new Ame outfit comes new fan made accessories and new Ame putting her legs up on her desk. I can almost hear the artist brushes being shined.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

All I can think about is Gura reading all the criticism about her new outfit and getting sad about something she was really excited about, so maybe let’s all shut the gently caress up or something. :(

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

mekyabetsu posted:

All I can think about is Gura reading all the criticism about her new outfit and getting sad about something she was really excited about, so maybe let’s all shut the gently caress up or something. :(

Yeah exactly. "Hey everyone else got all this cool stuff, why does yours suck" is a real lame attitude to have

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Mel says good morning.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hololive/comments/n6le8c/good_morningkapu/

Also:

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
She's also doing a karaoke stream shortly, which is rare for this time of day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8Fz7BYLS0

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Wudz posted:

Yeah exactly. "Hey everyone else got all this cool stuff, why does yours suck" is a real lame attitude to have

When a company spends weeks hyping a thing up people are allowed to be disappointed when said thing does not live up to said hype. If I gently caress up in my job you'd better believe I'll hear about it. Why would an international entertainment company be any different?

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Man, won't someone think of the poor multimillion dollar company that can't demonstrate even an absolute base level of competence in their field of expertise?

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
I was referring to dumb internet people making GBS threads all over gura's twitter and youtube comments to ruin her day but ok

mouse is going to flip her poo poo at 3d Aururan

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Oh! Maybe we should start a thread in the Business, Finance, and Careers forum about the vtuber industry! OHHHHHHhh!!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

On one hand the guy is an independent contractor, so you can't really put the blame completely on Cover and on the other Cover could have pushed it back (like Luna's) after some QA. At the end of the day it's not something that can't be fixed and would not be surprised if it's sooner rather than later (and by someone else). I also feel bad for Gura's mama, reading about how Gura doesn't have a lot of accessories, especially if Gura didn't ask for them.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.

mekyabetsu posted:

Oh! Maybe we should start a thread in the Business, Finance, and Careers forum about the vtuber industry! OHHHHHHhh!!

I think you're overreacting a bit, the conversation in this thread has been pretty mild. If you want to get mad, go reply to all the Twitter and Reddit and 4chan people throwing a virtual riot.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Space Luna is starting on the cursed art she promised in her last charity stream, in like 2 minutes. It's going to be fellow indie VTuber (Sumio Santana) in a dirndl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHcpdY_yaDg

quote:

I will murder you dead if you try. :haw: Go use the one in Let's Play that the other goontuber put effort into. :)

Sundae fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 7, 2021

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

People are allowed to voice their disappointment and criticism as long as it's in a Non-Toxic way.

From what I've seen on this thread that's mostly been fine. Reddit has been a bit louder and 4chan will be 4chan.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The only parts that seemed egregious to me were the cat ear floating off her head a bit and her face being a little flat when she turns to the side. It's nowhere near as nightmarish or disastrous as, say, Roberu's 3D debut, which was actually insultingly terrible.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Wudz posted:

She's also doing a karaoke stream shortly, which is rare for this time of day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8Fz7BYLS0

Oh I neglected to mention the part where she was up all night talking to Choco after their collab, stayed up to see gura's outfit, and now can't sleep. :blessed:

woah and now Zen's doing a drink/chat stream? this is unusually late for her

https://twitch.tv/zentreya

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Also it's worth keeping in mind that Gura is insanely popular so stuff like this will be magnified.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Sundae posted:

I will murder you dead if you try. :haw: Go use the one in Let's Play that the other goontuber put effort into. :)

lol I was trying to think of the worst possible sub forum to make a serious vtuber thread in. The one in LP is probably... fine? I’m going to avoid it anyway.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

mel is cute i like mel

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

mekyabetsu posted:

lol I was trying to think of the worst possible sub forum to make a serious vtuber thread in. The one in LP is probably... fine? I’m going to avoid it anyway.

You know, BFC might be a good pick just because of the forum's history of lovely business threads. We did have the erotica biz thread for a year or so before the offsites got wind of it and started doxxing authors. :v:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I was about to post that Ame is calmer than usual this stream and then I saw what level she just entered.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Smiles posted:

mel is cute i like mel

Mel somehow manages to be the most seiso member of VShojo while also being an active sex worker, it's honestly kind of impressive.

e: Just realized we may not be talking about the same Mel, but my point stands.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

mekyabetsu posted:

maybe i should hit my head into a wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Revolver Bunker posted:

They could but so far they've only gone after videos that are intentionally trying to stir poo poo. In this case it was a clip from Miko stream that got removed from the original video but they kept it up and put a clickbait title in it. They've also done lovely stuff like intentionally only clip parts of Noel's stream where she was asked if she would collab with Holostars to make it seem like she had a distain for them. This is the second time Cover has copyright striked that channel and I'm hoping for a third.

I know the conversation has mostly moved on but Otakmori is also the one who put up a monetized translation of Aloe's apology video with a bunch of translation errors that led to a bunch of confusion and conflicting narratives during that whole mess and was so bad Hololive put a copyright strike on them to prevent it from spreading especially when they had official subs in the video already. So in short, gently caress Otakmori, they deserve every bit of disdain towards them.