Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I was about to post that Ame is calmer than usual this stream and then I saw what level she just entered.

She literally rage quit twice in a span of 10 minutes yesterday, she put the bar VERY low on what is "calm."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Badingading posted:

I know the conversation has mostly moved on but Otakmori is also the one who put up a monetized translation of Aloe's apology video with a bunch of translation errors that led to a bunch of confusion and conflicting narratives during that whole mess and was so bad Hololive put a copyright strike on them to prevent it from spreading especially when they had official subs in the video already. So in short, gently caress Otakmori, they deserve every bit of disdain towards them.

Even T-Chan, the subreddit mod and an employee of Cover, called them an incompetent translator. Their translations are mediocre at best and their mistranslations are downright malicious and often seem intentional.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Zen may or may not be sloshed, it's hard to tell through the translator.

Waffleman_ posted:

Even T-Chan, the subreddit mod and an employee of Cover, called them an incompetent translator. Their translations are mediocre at best and their mistranslations are downright malicious and often seem intentional.

what are the chances they're a straggler from Hololive Moments, dedicating their time to being dumb as hell

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ok Amelia just broke the level what the hell

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ok Amelia just broke the level what the hell

Was it as funny as that one Sunshine level wehere Dan Ryckert just straight up fell through a solid block and died

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Wudz posted:

what are the chances they're a straggler from Hololive Moments, dedicating their time to being dumb as hell

Nah as mentioned Otakmori's been an idiot at least as far back as Aloe. They're just a career piece of poo poo.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

kirbysuperstar posted:

Was it as funny as that one Sunshine level wehere Dan Ryckert just straight up fell through a solid block and died

She was doing the level where you have to clean the beach in a certain amount of time, and halfway through the timer it just stopped and let her win.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

She was doing the level where you have to clean the beach in a certain amount of time, and halfway through the timer it just stopped and let her win.

Oh okay so pretty different but still pretty lol

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Kata-Haro posted:

Nah as mentioned Otakmori's been an idiot at least as far back as Aloe. They're just a career piece of poo poo.

in my defense the entire chronology of 2020 is a mess and I forgot when each event happened

Wudz posted:

Zen may or may not be sloshed, it's hard to tell through the translator.

update she was wondering what life would be like if instead of full fingers we just had nubs, and were descended from fish, and santa sucks and elves should unionize (true though)

https://clips.twitch.tv/IcySecretivePoultryCmonBruh-zykKuP4aHxSyi3IH

Wudz fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 7, 2021

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

quote:

pregnant desktop Uiharu

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Way to bury the lede in there lmao

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I liked the new Gura outfit. Looks-wise. The rigging is laughable but not horrible. Hoping it gets fixed up.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I know what each of those three words is, but when I put them together they become very hard for me to understand.

I am not asking for clarification, just to be clear.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Well COVER knows people are unhappy with it so hopefully it gets fixed pretty quick and everyone can move on.

Until the next outfit reveal where Gura has the exact same problems again because lol cover.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Who could be mad at Gura? It's not her fault that it's wonky. On the other hand when it comes to the rigger, people on the internet think shouting expletives is proper criticism.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Nerds mad on the internet can find a way to be mad at drat near anyone.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
Nobody is mad at Gura, not even the frothing idiots. That's just PR speak. Cover screwed up with the QA process here, and also really should have just got her a new rigger. This same person has been replaced by like 3 other Hololive talents, IIRC.

Maybe there's some sort of contractual weirdness, but who would sign some sort of year-long exclusivity contract with an independent artist/contractor? I don't buy it. They just goofed.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Oh no. Ame is doing The Goopy Inferno. I remember being horrible at that when I was a kid.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
google dot com "how do I make my dragon stop drinking and drink some water?????"

Zen's apparently having a hell of a day, was supposed to play apex with Froot but her internet shat itself, and some more personal stuff she didn't acutally want to get into but did anyway because whoops apparently she's had 12-15 bottles of beer with no water immediately available

I hope everyone is looking forward to my debut as a vtuber therapist

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Please somebody teach these people that beer is not a substitute for water.

For those wondering about the linked image:

Him being an absolute weirdo aside, as far as I can tell his point is solid.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Wudz posted:

Zen's apparently having a hell of a day, was supposed to play apex with Froot but her internet shat itself, and some more personal stuff she didn't acutally want to get into but did anyway because whoops apparently she's had 12-15 bottles of beer with no water immediately available

Wait, is that considered a lot?

Asking for a friend.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kyte posted:

i guarantee you it is not

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Nipponophile posted:

Wait, is that considered a lot?

Asking for a friend.

I don't really drink and just assume that anything more than like 4 is close to alcohol poisoning, that's how that works right :shrug:
But when you're tired and depressed and trying to not get into personal stuff to protect your privacy, it might be too much

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-krNxtMsXLw

Haachama no archive English karaoke in a hour and some change, been a while for that hasn't it?

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Kyte posted:

Please somebody teach these people that beer is not a substitute for water.

For those wondering about the linked image:

who loving cares, the skirt is off-screen 99.9% of the time anyway

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Stop fighting, Noel is giving everyone kisses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXF8WIvS49Y

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

cave emperor posted:

Unfortunately some people care enough to send death threats to the rigger. Of course, fueled by 4chan bullshit as usual.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
fubuki gives rushia a run for her money in the yandere department

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0PNJOOYwyA

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Brunom1 posted:

I noticed that as well. It kinda looks like a flat texture, which is quite jarring compared to the quasi-3D quality the rest of her has.

The secret to Live2D is that it is all flat texture surfaces moving about to give a sense of depth. The illusion works because we can contrast and see how the elements interact. But when it comes to a tail you have really only two options. Make it always face the viewer or move like a chair.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Man, Haachama’s English has really improved since the last time I heard her English karaoke. Not that she was terrible before, but her pronunciation is a lot clearer. Good job Haachama, I’m proud of you.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
It's amazing what moving out of Australia will do for you.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I mean the thing that immediately stood out to me about gura's outfit was that her loving ears were floating off of her head, if we want to talk about technical goofs

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

leather fedora posted:

I still die inside when I remember that karaoke stream where she couldn't find a particular song and she said "where are you mate"

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I've really missed her English streams! I feel like she only did them for a few weeks last year.

Personally hoping she sings some Doja Cat.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Haachama Bury A Friend hits different. I wish she'd sung the whole thing.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Redheart is always a banger

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

leather fedora posted:

A bad sign for Kiara's karaoke streams?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Haha you can really hear the Australian in "don't believe me just wotch."

Kiara lives in the outback, sequestered from all the Aussies. That's why she doesn't know what milo is.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

cave emperor posted:

Its not that its something is on screen and annoying, but that it shows the lack of attention to detail. Honestly this rigger loving sucks and has done a poo poo job on everything I've seen them do. Feel bad for them tho, but they should be doing a much better job. Don't understand why Gura does not get keffiy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I still die inside when I remember that karaoke stream where she couldn't find a particular song and she said "where are you mate"

Do you remember when she said she couldn't find octopus at Woolies?