Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Takoluka posted:

do you genuinely think it's unreasonable to expect capitalists to see 1) the massive success of HoloEN and 2) the massive income boosts of Kiryu Coco and not start asking questions about why you can't just cycle out old talent and create new Guras every half a year?

The amount of money they’ll make from cocos retirement will still be less than what she’s made in a year. Most companies would choose to make more money than less. It’s not a boost if that income source stops as soon as they’re gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Takoluka posted:

I apologize for my cynicism here. Y'all have way more faith in this industry than I do, I guess. We see huge idol talent companies and big tech companies do whatever it takes to maximize their bottom line. Maybe Cover is the exception to the rule here. Maybe they don't really care about money or whatever. I just don't buy it. I'll support the talents as long as they're around, because they're fun and good, but I'm gonna look at Cover the same way I look at any of these other corporations. I have seen far too many people say that Vtubers are a bubble, and I guarantee there's gonna be people wanting to cash out before it bursts, whether or not that actually happens. Like, I don't *want* any of this to happen in the same way that I don't want game development studios to have crunch and employee abuse from their powers that be. Money fucks with people all the time, and the people with its hands on Cover are not magically immune to it because we like the dog girl that goes wow wow.

Yeah, I think I might need to up my meds. :(

You're being an idiot, tbh. No one said that Cover doesn't care about making money, stop painting everyone who disagrees with you as stupid head-in-the-clouds idealists. The point is that Cover wants to be able to continue to make money for as long as possible and firing their big talents every three months or whatever is a loving god awful and unsustainable business strategy. If Cover was predisposed to terrible ideas they would have fired Coco months ago to try to stay in the Chinese market instead of burning all their bridges there to protect their employees from irate nationalists.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Nenechi and Kanata are hanging out again, I don't think I've ever seen these two goofballs interact 1 on 1, so this is great

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1407715561920937992

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
I'm somehow more offended by vSonic than vChuck.e.Cheese

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Welp, there it goes, the Vtuber bubble just burst. It was fun while it lasted

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wudz posted:

I'm somehow more offended by vSonic than vChuck.e.Cheese

that's because the animatronics were vtubers from before the internet. prove me wrong.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
If they haven't hired Jaleel White to be the vtuber then they might as well not even bother.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

You're being an idiot, tbh.

cool thanks

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gold Ship from Uma Musume vtubes and is great but unless they have radical 90s sonic talking about chili dogs then it'll be a waste.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Hope it's this Sonic

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Doc V posted:

No, Game-bu was produced by Brave Group/Unlimited Inc. which afaik is totally unrelated to Activ8/Upd8. Upd8 wouldn't have had to the authority to replace any VAs anyway since their business model was similar to VShojo, meaning that their talents were all indies who owned the rights to their characters (aside from Kizuna Ai and her "clones", who were owned by the parent company Activ8).

gently caress me. I've been believing that was the case for over a year now.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Takoluka posted:

do you genuinely think it's unreasonable to expect capitalists to see 1) the massive success of HoloEN and 2) the massive income boosts of Kiryu Coco and not start asking questions about why you can't just cycle out old talent and create new Guras every half a year?

Okay, well, think of it this way, if they try to start exploiting their employees they may discover they’re up against one of the most powerful worker’s unions in the history of the planet. One person is leaving and every employee in the company is vocally sad about it, and most of the employees are millionaires.

e: Like if this happens the talent will literally just make a new Hololive but with blackjack and hookers with CEO Coco Kiryu.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 23, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Sorry to move away from Sonic VTuber, but did anyone see any of the Yugiri VTuber streams for ZLS Revenge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1_4WA6KRXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_wheyosj4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCyysJvAyU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am not willing to contribute to this conversation aside from reading this post

DalaranJ posted:

Okay, well, think of it this way, if they try to start exploiting their employees they may discover they’re up against one of the most powerful worker’s unions in the history of the planet. One person is leaving and every employee in the company is vocally sad about it, and most of the employees are millionaires.

and absolutely cackling.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I wonder how close holo en gen 2 is to being realeased.

Carnotaurus
Feb 27, 2006

meat-eating bull
Coco's graduation is all part of her scheme to raise a bunch of money so that she can perform a hostile takeover of Cover Corp.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Floor is lava posted:

I wonder how close holo en gen 2 is to being realeased.

Would not be surprised if they announced debut dates mid July and the talents showing up end of July.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm wondering if they're planning on doing it before or after the 1 year anniversary of Gen1

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
Did JP6 gen auditions start before EN2 auditions?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Carnotaurus posted:

Coco's graduation is all part of her scheme to raise a bunch of money so that she can perform a hostile takeover of Cover Corp.

She's starting a construction company to build a massive tower just so she can have a climactic fight with Yagoo on top of it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

u sp33k l33t br0 posted:

Did JP6 gen auditions start before EN2 auditions?

I don't think Hololive opened auditions for a 6th Gen in Japan. To my knowledge they've only opened a spot looking for a singer and EN2. And if Gura's birthday stream was any indication Holomyth were all selected and started interacting with each other in June before their debut in September. EN2 would probably be practicing back stage at this point if they're debuting in July/August.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
If you like debuts, PRISM Project is having their 3rd Gen debut this weekend.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PRISMproj/status/1406599431655366661

Also, last weekend, Hololive's Moona did a Minecraft collab with PRISM Project 1st Gen member Iku Hoshifuri as well as all of Moona's vtuber sisters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iCHHG9KjlY

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There's so many of these fuckers now.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pollyanna posted:

There's so many of these fuckers now.

Hey now, Moona just has a lot of sisters that she cares about. No need to sibling shame her.

Edit:

Suisei is at 990k and is so very close to 1million. An artists are fast.

https://twitter.com/kivonotbabu/status/1407722579582808064?s=20

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 23, 2021

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Oh hey new VShojo merch. pins, playmats, pullovers and shirts with summer outfit art

crazy-face Zen playmat is pretty good

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.

Trihugger posted:

Also, last weekend, Hololive's Moona did a Minecraft collab with PRISM Project 1st Gen member Iku Hoshifuri as well as all of Moona's vtuber sisters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iCHHG9KjlY

Are three of these girls intended to be identical triplet vtubers or something? They look almost exactly the same.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I love this. This feels like such an Animaniacs joke.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Watame wants to visit the EN Minecraft server with Haachama when she returns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6UnJoO3Eo

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

antisocial democrat posted:

Are three of these girls intended to be identical triplet vtubers or something? They look almost exactly the same.

No idea. Haven't watched any of their stuff outside of Moona collabs.

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!

Asterite34 posted:

Welp, there it goes, the Vtuber bubble just burst. It was fun while it lasted

This happened already - in 2018 Sega started a zombie girl vtuber channel in order to market some House of the Dead-thing. The channel has since been deleted. Yet another vtuber gone forever, standard stuff.
The twitter is still around for some reason: https://twitter.com/sumomo_hiiro/status/1042293983873912832

PerOlus fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 23, 2021

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/SimonBeed/status/1407774704061005826?s=20

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is incredibly cute.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Most people don't remember that Korone is 156 meters tall.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Somehow I missed Froot being named Vshojo's resident dad.
https://twitter.com/EngVTubersOOC/status/1407791686827323392

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh never heard Wonderful 101 in JP before.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I would watch e.g. Korone collab with Literal Sonic the Hedgehog

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Takoluka posted:

I apologize for my cynicism here. Y'all have way more faith in this industry than I do, I guess. We see huge idol talent companies and big tech companies do whatever it takes to maximize their bottom line. Maybe Cover is the exception to the rule here. Maybe they don't really care about money or whatever. I just don't buy it. I'll support the talents as long as they're around, because they're fun and good, but I'm gonna look at Cover the same way I look at any of these other corporations. I have seen far too many people say that Vtubers are a bubble, and I guarantee there's gonna be people wanting to cash out before it bursts, whether or not that actually happens. Like, I don't *want* any of this to happen in the same way that I don't want game development studios to have crunch and employee abuse from their powers that be. Money fucks with people all the time, and the people with its hands on Cover are not magically immune to it because we like the dog girl that goes wow wow.

You're thinking about it wrong. As much as Cover calls itself an Idol producer, the model is totally different. They're streamers. Streamers are profitable because of the ties they build with their audience, because they spend hours at a time interacting with them. The reason a streaming group is profitable is because people trust that they're gonna like everyone associated with them because they like one of them, and everyone interacts to merge and grow audiences that have a personal connection to the streamers. The evil here is capitalizing on people's isolation and the strange nature of streaming so that the anime dragon actually feels like a friend of yours cause you listen to her for hours at a time and she laughs at the jokes you tell. The short term idiotic way to try and get the most profit while sabotaging your whole brand is by introducing too many characters so that your audience is so diluted and diffused that being part of a group doesn't mean anything anymore.

The Idol churn works because it's about merchandise as loyalty signifiers and capitalizing on the excitement of new talents, because no one can keep that poo poo up for long anyway. You want to sell as many tickets as possible, as much merch, and do as many handshake events as you can before the people you've got eating half a hot-dog a day while practicing dancing and singing for hours before they try and get a few seconds of screen-time on some variety show can't do it anymore.

Idols are marketed singing groups that want to sell tickets, songs, events, and other merch. Vtubers are online anime buddies who talk to you for hours. You can't keep taking away people's online anime buddies and have your audience be happy.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/gawrgura/status/1407804186918596611

E: I wonder if the 6/27 minecraft will be on the JP server, since that's the Summer Festival date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
FYI for anybody who follows space Luna: She's cancelling all her remaining streams this week except the 8-person L4D2 collab. She had to put down a pet yesterday and is just not feeling like she can put on the act for it. She'll be back to smiles and silliness next week.