Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Quick someone remake the Warriors poster but it's all the vtubers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

Gura's TTRPG character is "bottom heavy" and that's apparently very important
She's clearly referring to giant feet

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kanfy posted:

It's kind of interesting that every single one of Nijisanji's OG vtubers from the first two waves are still there over 3 years later, I don't know what kind of blood contracts they signed but all 16 of them from Mito to Kazaki are still around (even if some like Gilzaren kind of stretch the definition of "being around").
This is my final recording. If there's anyone left out there, still fighting to save humanity from total nijisanjification, know this: Tsukino Mito is not an innocent pawn in Tazumi's twisted scheme, but its very architect. I realised too late, and paid the ultimate price. I don't have much time left. Soon, I'll be one of them...

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

njsykora posted:

Screw that I want a West Side Story face off and will accept nothing less.

Monkey's paw curls and they perform but it's Cats instead.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Revolver Bunker posted:

Monkey's paw curls and they perform but it's Cats instead.

*insert excited Kiara noises*

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Pekora is playing Mario Cart with other 3rd Gens with Rushia lagging out in the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKGll89cvVA

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Callie singing Ahoy! is not something I expected

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Oshit Godzilla let's go

E: Even better than last time

EE: Looks like 3rd and 4th gen are going head to head in mariokart tomorrow night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfE4oJwDjvQ

EEE: Callie - " After Godzilla we're gonna sing Renai Circulation"

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 24, 2021

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

No one does gap Moe better than Mori.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Calli singing memories of you hit me like a punch in the gut. That song always makes me cry.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

GHOST

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kanfy posted:

I think Rin just really likes playing games and the streaming part is incidental because she enjoys interacting with her chat. Some vtubers put in a ton of effort to create and hold on to an audience in all kinds of creative ways, meanwhile with Rin people literally rely on a fanmade twitter bot to know when she's even streaming because she sure doesn't announce them most of the time. She just starts out of nowhere and then plays FF14 for ten hours or something, it's a level of having transcended giving a drat that I can respect.

I think the vtubers most likely to eventually retire are the ones who are way more into doing unusual creative projects, and the ones most likely to keep churning indefinitely(barring some kind of life-altering real life event) are the ones who are content to just play video games or do chill chat streams. This isn't a criticism of either approach, it just seems much easier to run into the current limitations of the medium if you're looking to do weird projects all the time.

An example that comes to mind is Calli - I really like her and she's desperately talented, but I definitely get the vibe that her main focus is her music and the other expectations of the job like streaming video games is stuff that she mostly does because it's expected/required for her to do so, and if that stuff ends up eating into her main focus it would begin to chafe. (This isn't to say that I think she's showing up to streams like "UGGGGH I HAVE TO PLAY MINECRAFT??? FIIINE", it's just that it's not really something that she's super into like how Pekora will stream a JRPG for 12 hours 3 days in a row.)

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
It's 3AM, Callie's hopped up on coffee, and ranting about fish movies and tie in video games.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Lyer posted:

Aaaaah goodbye everyone I think this killed me. I'm going to heaven now. =D

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kanos posted:

An example that comes to mind is Calli - I really like her and she's desperately talented, but I definitely get the vibe that her main focus is her music and the other expectations of the job like streaming video games is stuff that she mostly does because it's expected/required for her to do so, and if that stuff ends up eating into her main focus it would begin to chafe. (This isn't to say that I think she's showing up to streams like "UGGGGH I HAVE TO PLAY MINECRAFT??? FIIINE", it's just that it's not really something that she's super into like how Pekora will stream a JRPG for 12 hours 3 days in a row.)

Callie just spoke about this in her superchat stream, she really likes streaming, but music is an integral part of her personality/self. Good news is that Hololive looks to be really leaning into the music stuff, so I think there's a lot of things that makes it appealing to her.

Oddly enough, I think the person most likely to leave Hololive first now, is Ina. Especially if she gets an offer to design characters for a series or something.

Belan
May 7, 2007

Lyer posted:

"ojou-chan pantsu oh my god"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lyer posted:

Callie just spoke about this in her superchat stream, she really likes streaming, but music is an integral part of her personality/self. Good news is that Hololive looks to be really leaning into the music stuff, so I think there's a lot of things that makes it appealing to her.

Oddly enough, I think the person most likely to leave Hololive first now, is Ina. Especially if she gets an offer to design characters for a series or something.

Yeah Ina is the most laidback about her career as a Hololive and apparently still has a day job so I wouldn't be surprised if she graduated if she got a better offer for her character work that would take up all her time.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lyer posted:

Calli has really been dropping a lot of info in her after party stream. She has at least 2 to 3 collab songs coming out soon. She wants to do an original song with Suisei but it will take time as she wants the song to encompass both their expressions so they'll write it together. One of the covers she's doing is a Vocaloid song that she's translated into English. She has a collab song with a Hololive member coming out next month (possibly HoloEN member). She is working on a collab song with MilkyQueen and wants to also do a collab song with Boogie Vox.

She also talked about how she was starting to fall into the hole of being overly hard on herself again. Seeing Ame's charity stream and VR stream, Ina's sponsored art streams, Gura and Kiara's song releases. Today's karaoke helped lift her spirits though which is good. She says that what she needs to learn to accept and adapt is now that she's not doing everything for the song/videos and other partners are involved she needs to realize that everyone has their own time frame and work schedules and that she needs to wait. She's taking a week off next month though and this time traveling somewhere remote.

I'm not too sure if Ina would be likely to leave soon. She's talked about how Hololive has provided something interesting in her routine life. Something that gets her out of her routine of Draw, Eat, Sleep, Draw, repeat. She was hoping to end some contracts some months back to put more time into streaming but it was a no go so she's is still bound to her priestess duties.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 24, 2021

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

She also talked about performing at live performances and how disheartening it can be when a crowd doesn't warm up to you, which was very heartfelt and a good look into the the stresses of performing.

It also, however, lead the to the revelation that most of her fellow performers were "ikemen" and that a lot of the crowd that never seemed to like her were their teenage girl fans, and that a significant part of the dislike may have come from jealousy because she got to hang out with them backstage. Calli's been living the anime life for a long time now, apparently.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'm not too sure if Ina would be likely to leave soon. She's talked about how Hololive has provided something interesting in her routine life. Something that gets her out of her routine of Draw, Eat, Sleep, Draw, repeat. She was hoping to end some contracts some months back to put more time into streaming but it was a no go so she's is still bound to her priestess duties.

Yeah I can see that happening too, it's funny that the end result that we've come to is essentially Pochi-sensei; artist that has an established series and streams just for fun.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It seems that everyone in HoloEN gets something out of streaming that they'd really miss if it weren't there: socialization, a huge audience, something fun and different, the ability to live the "idol experience," whatever. I'm not sure we need to worry too hard about any of them graduating in the very near future.

That said, my bet for the first to fold eventually is Ame. This Hololive gig is a lotta work for a natural potato.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Revolver Bunker posted:

She's taking a week off next month though and this time traveling somewhere remote.

This is good because I think the last time she said she was going to take a week off she ended up streaming on 6 of the days.

Also can y'all cut it the gently caress out with the Hololive death pool.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I bet Coco Kaine is the next to go after Kaicho.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

My prediction is that none of EN will graduate and they will continue streaming until the heat death of the universe.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
3 Hours until Ina spends the whole stream making a character in Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis. I'm looking forward to it. I also hope she revisits Miitopia once she's made more characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8CKO0NDTuE

Edit: Bless this thumbnail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7cpjmkc1Rw

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 24, 2021

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Nyanners is having a normal one right now by being a microwave and asking chat to heat things up inside her and push her buttons.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zernach posted:

Nyanners is having a normal one right now by being a microwave and asking chat to heat things up inside her and push her buttons.

Ok, hear me out. So it's about this cat named Nyan. sHe's a vtuber that turns herself into a microwave. She's micro nyan! Funniest thing I've seen

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP4X4zfK6Q

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

Zernach posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

Ok, hear me out. So it's about this cat named Nyan. sHe's a vtuber that turns herself into a microwave. She's micro nyan! Funniest thing I've seen

Beyond just being able to watch people who have like, enthusiasm and creativity doing stuff, I'm most invested in the many directions everyone's able to take being weird as gently caress.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vtubing is basically what if I turned my random shower thoughts into a stream gimmick.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

i am disappointed the animation/rigging doesn't mimic the nightmare poo poo from sonic adventure

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

RareAcumen posted:

Beyond just being able to watch people who have like, enthusiasm and creativity doing stuff, I'm most invested in the many directions everyone's able to take being weird as gently caress.

Hard agree.

In related news I just traumatized my roommate by logging into the stream at the exact moment that she was screaming in pain and yelling about something popping inside her.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Revolver Bunker posted:

She is working on a collab song with MilkyQueen

It would be hilarious if they just made a new animation for the Collab song they did under her old identity. (Which is a total bop)

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Nyanners please stop tying bags of sand to my body.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

I understand completely why this is Eminem, but I really wanted it to be Blue Oyster Cult.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mirage posted:

That said, my bet for the first to fold eventually is Ame. This Hololive gig is a lotta work for a natural potato.
SPOILER (Vague past life reference, not by name): Her previous job was doing basically the same thing, with a much smaller audience and revenue, so she's the one I would expect to stick around the longest.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Really, I think it's more likely that she starts to chaff at Hololive's content restrictions than their three streams a week minimums, but Jenma seems to be slightly more hands off than whoever Coco's manager-san is.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
I think it's more likely that they'll all stay as long as they want and then leave when they're ready and let's just enjoy their content while they're making it and not get caught up on the what ifs because there's no fun in that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Does Ame actually chaff at Hololive restrictions? I don't follow her chatting stream as much (Kiara's take basically all of my time :v:), but between the various shenanigans she regularly does on streams, her 3D avatar for VR streams, Wallfie April fools avatars, etc... it seems like most of her ideas got thumbs up from Hololive management so far.