Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnUuacmi3Uk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

The numbers I usually see thrown around are 30-40% range for hololive/nijisanji? And that's after the payment processor + google/apple cuts. Youtube/google takes 30%, and apple takes 30% of superchats that come from the iOS app.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

jimmydalad posted:

I know some of the other girls play Apex, but I donít know if anyone but Amelia plays Valorant/CS:GO.at them.

A few of the JP girls play Valorant, I've seen Ayame playing it a bunch of times. I don't think any of them play CS.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

wolfs posted:

I mean, no one complains about Pikamee repeating herself in Japanese or English, do they? I guess Hololive has more scrutiny

no one complains about Coco repeating things in english either

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

I have a bad feeling that Hololive will buckle to the pressure and remove their youtube and foreign presence entirely. I know that's where they make like two thirds of their income, but I feel like japanese businesses try to avoid controversy even if it means sacrificing growth.

given that the entirety of their japanese business is done on youtube I'm not really sure why you would think this

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there like a godsheet excel thing that has all the streamer schedules? I feel like there is some kind of gap in my subscriptions since it seems like no one is streaming right now.

for hololive they keep a 2-day schedule w/all of their streamers https://schedule.hololive.tv/, but other than that I think you are on your own for the most part

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Pekora was doing a member's only simulwatch of the 1st Iron Man movie and youtube took down the stream right before the final "I am Iron Man" line. Even when she's getting TOS banned (for no reason) Pekora still has perfect comedic timing...

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Tabletops posted:

She said she can't build on jp dunno why they're segregating them like that.

I would assume that's only because of the collab rule

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Tabletops posted:

Spose so, maybe they'll visit but theyll be building on en.

you are reading way too much into this, even the 5th gen hololives had their own minecraft server that they played around in until the collab period was lifted and they joined the main server

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I've not played Minecraft, why are they making a giant portal to hell? Is it just for decoration or is there a difference between that and the normal ones I've seen in other videos.

It's to farm the piglin mobs that come through the portals. It's a giant trap that makes them suicide via fall damage, and collects the gold (and other stuff) that they drop in a chest at the bottom.

e: not a minecraft player but from what I understand, functionally its the same as the normal ones, but the larger size/number of portal tiles just increases the chances of the mobs spawning?

astr0man fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 15, 2020

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Pekora is really into building giant fuckoff automated farming contraptions - see also her TT trap tower and the slime farm pit that inadvertently caused Rushia to lose all of her enchanted diamond gear

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Stairmaster posted:

How long until we get type moon or someone doing a promotional event with a licensed character, like saber for example, as a vtuber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Gk1-hESqw#t=535s

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

you can also just pay hachaama her 5 bucks to watch the asmr video on youtube

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

"let the streamer play the game however they want and with whoever they want" should not be a controversial take lol

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Fib posted:

I don't have time to watch the entirety of multiple pekora minecraft streams but I'm curious, how is she making her high-level enchanted items? I know she has a mob grinder, does she just do lv30 enchantments on several e.g. diamond swords and then combine them? Or does she have some villagers to trade for books as well?

It's both I think. Like you said she has the mob farming trap tower that the JPs all use to grind up to whatever level needed for enchantments, but her and Aqua (and maybe some of the others) both have villager prison/breeding farms for trading as well. I've seen her do both on stream when she needs to, but most of the time I think she preps whatever gear she may need off-stream beforehand.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

Who built all these structures for their event?

It was organized by miko & mio, but almost all of the JPs that regularly play minecraft have been helping w/building stuff over the last couple weeks.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Brunom1 posted:

Considering Hololive has its share of kinda pro FPS players, you'd think some companies would take a closer look.

Botan's entire setup is sponsored hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYxOg9nQgUs

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

I bought the peko booze. It's pretty good (but I've never had umeshu before so don't have any real reference point to compare it to)

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Worklurker posted:

on pekoras stream, she just announced some kind of mario kart tournament from what I can understand.

Towa's running it, it was announced a couple weeks ago https://twitter.com/tokoyamitowa/status/1339458038747447296

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Largepotato posted:

Noel did some quality raging at Lamy in the final race.

Noel somehow coming in last in the winner's match behind Towa (who DC'd midway and only completed 2 of the 4 races) was one of the funniest things about the event

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Didn't sort with the ID's since I don't really know anything about any of them besides Moona

1. Usada Pekora
2. Shishiro Botan
3. Oozora Subaru
4. Hoshimachi Suisei
5. Minato Aqua
6. Houshou Marine
7. Shirakami Fubuki
8. Ninomae Ina'nis
9. Omaru Polka
10. Sakura Miko

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

golden bubble posted:

Towa and Roberu manage a near perfect EN/ID and JP split in viewship. Nene and Botan have some special fans. Nene is the only JP Hololive with a noticeable Spanish following. Botan is the only one with a significant Russian following.

Is this just based on what % of their chat messages are in EN vs JP, or was it actually looking at whatever info's available on people's yt/google account profiles?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Taratang posted:

It's just chat messages - actual viewer metrics are not public information and rarely discussed openly (especially after the whole Taiwan incident), but Pekora did mention a little while back that she was shocked her overseas viewership had climbed to over 60% of her total viewers.

Yeah the Pekora numbers were why I was curious. Pekora's methodology wasn't perfect either since it was dependent on who actually bothered to respond to her end of the year survey, but interesting stuff either way

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

on the hololive side, I thought it was just that yakuza was included in the blanket sega streaming approval

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Talorat posted:

Man I didn't even know there WAS a Nijisanji KR

For whatever reason, the vtuber fad hasn't really caught on in KR, and none of the niji KRs are very popular (although a couple of them are at least approaching the 100k subscriber mark now). I watch a few of them off and on, but from what I've seen it's at the point where they pretty much cater directly to a JP audience over a KR one.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Talorat posted:

She says other people were allowed to do it so Iím curious why Pekora would be different.

She is very vague when she says she saw "other people" doing whatever it is, she didn't say she saw other hololive members doing it, so it could be literally anything

Brunom1 posted:

I... cannot even picture what a Pekora ASMR would be like. She'd probably try to play it sexy - maybe even ask Noel for tips - but it'd quickly turn into more comedic antics, I'm sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nNzPqaOzDg

astr0man fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 29, 2021

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Falls Down Stairs posted:

e: "I NEED THE PLASTATION CONTROLS"

tbf the asymmetrical switch controller layout is 100% the worst thing about mega mix

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Nitrousoxide posted:

Why do they need permission to play a game? Does cover need to okay the content of the game to make sure it doesn't break branding?

because JP copyright laws (fair use doesn't exist) - cover needs explicit approval from a game's publisher for their talent to be allowed to stream it

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Vinigre posted:

Cyan's a pretty cool cat. She actually does coding and VIM Adventures on stream, which I haven't seen a whole lot of VTubers do so far.

Lily Catts posted:

Holy poo poo!! Subbed. Gotta learn Golang with her.

I never really understood the appeal of live coding streams, even from the learning perspective, but this is still a cool vtuber niche

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Vizuyos posted:

It's similar to draw streams: it's essentially a chat stream the vtuber can do while working on something in the background, they could potentially solicit input from viewers or add little extras to amuse viewers, and they could teach the viewers things or learn how to do things on stream.

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess my perspective (as someone that's done sw dev for 10+years) was that I always learned best by just trying to write something and then figure out why it didn't work myself vs picking stuff up from a lecture/video/tutorial/etc.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

OnimaruXLR posted:

When you cross reference her fields of interest, it IS a bit curious that there's no R+18 artwork that she's produced (that is easily scrounged up by someone as lazy as me, right now)

so did you not click on her twitter or pixiv profiles

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Zeron posted:

Starting in JP would have been overwhelming, none of them were big Minecraft players and building up stuff from scratch to learn how the game works is part of the appeal.

I never really got this argument, starting from scratch in the JP server worked out just fine for both ID gens

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Kanos posted:

There is objectively a completely different vibe in starting from scratch on a completely fresh server versus starting from scratch on a year old server populated by dozens of people with a literal metropolis worth of infrastructure and buildings already constructed.

There is merit to both, but it's not the same thing at all.

Sure, but people in this thread regularly imply that "starting in the JP server would basically not have been an option at all" with posts like:

quote:

Starting in JP would have been overwhelming, none of them were big Minecraft players and building up stuff from scratch to learn how the game works is part of the appeal.

which is not accurate at all.

Moona for example was not a minecraft player at all before the gen 1 IDs joined the JP server, and she was able to learn how stuff works on her own, to the point that she built the disappearing staircase in her house way before pretty much any of the JPs were doing things with redstone + pistons.

e:
basically, it's perfectly fine to say that the ENs made their own server because that's just what they wanted to do. But it's dumb/annoying when people keep saying it was because of reasons like "corporate said they had to" or "doing it this way is the 'proper' way to play/learn minecraft"

astr0man fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 5, 2021

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

fwiw fans buying happy birthday billboards/bus ads/etc for idols is normal in korea/japan

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

That's not really any less weird

maybe it's just that I'm desensitized to it (I walk by those kinds of ads every time I ride the subway), but it really doesn't seem like a big deal to me

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Kitfox88 posted:

yes and we should seek to emulate these perfectly normal fans

I said nothing about whether or not itís a thing people should do. But if someone really wants to itís fine imo

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Revolver Bunker posted:

Ina's playing D4DJ beta but because her capture card is acting up she's streaming over wifi with all the scuff that comes along with it. Game looks good though and has a lot of Hololive songs but YA BE is it a laggy frame dropping mess at times. Pain Tako...

Just a heads up for anyone considering picking up D4DJ, the final EN release might not actually include any of the hololive songs due to licensing issues (but you can get them in the JP version of the game).

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Mill Village posted:

Whatís wrong with Muse Dash? Is it the intro screen art? Iíve heard some complaints about that.

It's published by a Chinese company that banned Hololive from streaming it

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

NomChompsky posted:

my guess is the collab with Ollie and Calli having to shut off comments and stuff was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

given that the other JP members have been aware that she was leaving for at least a little while now, this seems unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Fat_Cow posted:

I've heard that Coco song before, what is it from? An Anime?

it's a Honeyworks (vocaloid producer group) song