Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
Gura has 31,000 viewers watching her play this random Newgrounds rhythm game. Cover is throwing money away by not securing perms for this genre more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Too be fair, this random Newgrounds game is the most played (sfw) game in Newgrounds history.

Which is crazy cause that website is 25 years old.

Oh sure, no offense to this game. I had never heard of it but it's not really my scene. I did look it up and the kickstarter getting 1.5 mil is impressive.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

That Live Again cover was awesome. Gura karaoke killing it as usual

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I liked the video, but I hope Cover can drop this autotune obsession when (if) Gura drops a solo single. Autotune is 100% just a negative for Gura's voice. It's not a huge deal here because this is a Vocaloid song but I'd still prefer if they'd just skip all this post-processing.

She's talked recently about being worried about the mixers for her solo songs. I can totally get why.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

The design was good, but the rigging... Wow, is there any chance they will fix it? I think this stream proves that Gura is an institution and an incredibly valuable IP, so I hope they can get somebody to make that look like it took more than 5 minutes.

Also, I'm pretty surprised there's no customization or accessories. Bizarre.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

mekyabetsu posted:

Don’t worry, I expect that Cover will quickly circle the wagons on this and get level-set on how to get the most buy-in on their core competencies’ outside the box verticals.

They definitely need to empower their Human Resources to synergize on this and circle back.

No but seriously, why are they so bad at this.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

The thing that bugs me more than the hole is the bizarre face distortion when she turns it from side to side. Looks like a flat mask or something.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

mekyabetsu posted:

Oh! Maybe we should start a thread in the Business, Finance, and Careers forum about the vtuber industry! OHHHHHHhh!!

I think you're overreacting a bit, the conversation in this thread has been pretty mild. If you want to get mad, go reply to all the Twitter and Reddit and 4chan people throwing a virtual riot.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Nobody is mad at Gura, not even the frothing idiots. That's just PR speak. Cover screwed up with the QA process here, and also really should have just got her a new rigger. This same person has been replaced by like 3 other Hololive talents, IIRC.

Maybe there's some sort of contractual weirdness, but who would sign some sort of year-long exclusivity contract with an independent artist/contractor? I don't buy it. They just goofed.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Haha holy poo poo, did they say they recorded this in October?

I'd really love to know what goes on internally over there at totally normal functional Cover Inc.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Kyte posted:

Isn't the song a bitch and half to license?

I know John Denver's estate is super protective of Country Roads, but you'd think it wouldn't take 7 months to secure a license. But maybe!

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

They appear to have fixed Gura's rigging, or at least improved it. Hard to tell due to the potion seller mode they have going on but the ears are definitely better.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

If Watson comes up with new on-stream gimmicks like this for every episode of the podcast it's going to be huge, this is very cute.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

That was fun. Ina next maybe?

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Kiara just gave some brutal honesty on her feelings on Country Roads. She really hates it, and kinda intimates that a lot of the other HoloEN girls do too.

I'm a little surprised, it wasn't perfect but I thought it was OK.

Edit: timestamp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjNCizER0U&t=24310s

antisocial democrat fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 16, 2021

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Oh my god, watching Gura try to debug audio issues is second-hand pain to the max. Please, Cover, for the love of god, somebody help her fix her collab setup.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There are people ITT not watching Pikamee and that's just sad

Pikamee was the first EN vtuber I ever watched, but it ain't the same these days. Gotta be honest, think it's the kaiju model, just doesn't work for me. Same for TMSK's menhera one. It was cute when I thought it was a joke, but then I realized that they considered them their 2.0 models and were going to use them exclusively. Old Pikamee design was iconic.

antisocial democrat fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 17, 2021

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Gura killing it with the karaoke. That Stand by Me was great.

Nipponophile posted:

I love it so much when she sings songs she enjoys and has been working on, rather than whatever meme song chat wants her to do.

100% with you.

... I do want her to sing Devil Trigger though...

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Haha, I admire Watson's commitment to the "stream ending"/"super chat time" bit. She lost like 2k viewers with that fake out and gives exactly zero fucks.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

And now Apex is just accidentally queueing her into a match. Will the EN scuff never end?

Like 5 times so far! Wow, EA really needs to fix their servers.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Kiara: A page of flavor text and background.
Ame: Two sentences about a conspiracy nut called Watato.
Gura: A traveling dark mysterious mercenary banjo bard.

Jesus, it all fits so well

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

A dark lady that moves with shadows that plays banjo and might have mail paper based power. :allears:

I wonder if she finally bought the banjolele and is going to break it out on these streams.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Calli is killing it so far. She has prepped really well for this.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

This was absolutely the best EN collab ever I think. They're also doing character videos on their own channels and everything.

Calli is going all out, she's too powerful when she's focused and excited about something.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Amelia just started an Apex stream, made us all wait 10 minutes, and then once she got on claimed she can't log into bubb4bot or the Apex servers, played a clip of a monkey making a noise twice, and then disconnected the stream.

The best part is, after all the trolling on her Apex streams, I can't tell if she's messing with us or having legit technical difficulties.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

SpartanIvy posted:

Does she make enough cash to match 200K in donations? That's pretty insane.

She's only matching her original goal, $15k. Still very charitable of her of course.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I listened to the video too for some reason. Sounds to me like the dude had a good thing going, getting an audience as internet indie EDM producer #90,654,321, and threw it all away because he couldn't get over an obsession with having his Holo songs on Spotify, which was never going to happen. Has he never heard of all the hangups Japanese companies have licensing poo poo to even big American corporations? Plus, Hololive thinks of itself at least in part as an idol company, so they aren't going to gently caress around with the commercial rights to songs.

It would have been easy to parlay his songs into a career getting commissions and/or putting out his own monetized work on his YouTube channel alongside his Holo content, but this guy apparently just didn't have the imagination for that.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I want to download that stream because I missed the first 4 or so hours, I hope I get a chance to.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I'd imagine if you're a member you're already in here, but Gura's doing guerilla (I guess) members karaoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5MYIkz7TM

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

Thanks for the update. Stupid Youtube never tells me these member streams on time. I've already missed 40 minutes. :negative:

Yeah, I don't know how to get Youtube to notify these properly. They really should just show up on the Subs tab for members.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Pretty shocking news. This will be the highest-profile Vtuber graduation ever, right? I mean it doesn't really get higher profile than Kiryu Coco. Will send reverberations throughout the entire community.

It's going to feel so weird for a while watching Hololive content without Coco.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Wind Tempest posted:

What is the chance that Coco has decided to go back to being a Manager for future Hololive Talents or even the next EN team? Her other channel is currently being flooded with new memberships.

She originally applied for a staff position, right? Honestly she'd be fantastic as upper management for Cover at this point, so that would be really nice. You can't find anyone with her sort of expertise in Vtubing and her obvious talent for helping out her colleagues.

I'm sure they probably can't afford to pay her anything close to what she makes as Coco, but money isn't everything anyway and maybe she could get part-ownership or something? It's a nice possibility to think about, though of course we'll almost definitely never know either way.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I don't think it was primarily, let alone solely the antis unless she's planning to retire fully because I mean, Coco has a really distinctive voice - and style - and even if she didn't it's not like insane internet hatemongers can't dox public people fairly easily. Like assuming she's going to keep streaming on her other acct (anyone have a link? I know such things are normally verboten but in this case, yeah) or move on to being a solo Vtuber or whatever, then yeah, I imagine a good chunk of her antis will just migrate there.

Like I have to imagine if you're a spiteful little turd enough to harass a person like they have been, they're probably trying to harass the person, not the character. I somehow don't imagine they will be drawing a distinction between 'the character of Coco Kiryu owned by Cover corp' and 'the lady who played Coco Kiryu and did the things that set them off in the first place.'

I frankly think we should allow people to post public "roommate" accounts of graduating vtubers under spoiler tags. No particular reason to let a corporation prevent fans from following a personality they like onto their next gig. They own Coco's character but her fans are fans of both the character and the person.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ruVYPv7yJmV0Rh0NKA-Lw "Kson Onair"

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

nielsm posted:

Also regarding Coco, I doubt she'd join VShojo, hololive EN, or even Nijisanji EN. She said somewhere she wants to continue to stream in Japanese, so I don't think she'd join an English group.
However I could definitely see her aiming for VOMS.

I tend to agree that any of the major non-Japanese VTuber groups are unlikely. Coco in VOMS would be crazy though! She'd be such an awesome compliment to Pikamee's bilingual style and sense of humor.

I think it'd never happen, but it would be wonderful news if it did. If GYARI were the ambitious type, he'd probably be smart to drop her an email right now, even if it's the mother of all long shots.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

Was Ame planning on playing more Planet Zoo tonight? Stream starts in 2 minutes.

Tycoon games should come with a warning about their habit-forming nature.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

AmE3 starts in 30 minutes, with special guest Gawr Goomba (maybe?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15iykTq7ZE

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Shark got her serious business voice on tonight.

Maximum power engaged.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Oh my god, she's doing Devil Trigger. Chat is going to crash youtube.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

We're entering the early-2010s nostalgia portion of the karaoke, this is always where Gura really shines.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Haha, a live rendition of nightcore Rockefeller Street. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Now she's doing 2x speed Skyfall. Absolutely legendary

Edit: just a sample, we demand the full version!