Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

golden bubble posted:

Pikamee is really close to finishing Undertale Genocide route right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD2tyvz4u6w

She's done it! She defeated the funny meme skeleton!...:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Gura assembled her current PC and did so poorly enough the CPU heatsink fell off while she was using it onto the graphics card. She's also unfamiliar enough with what's inside a PC she described this more like "the big metal thing that goes over the square thing fell onto the big card below it"

I would not be surprised if her PC is not in the best condition

good lord :stare:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Blasmeister posted:

Sad shark

Mad shark

The duality of man shark

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Tengen Toppa Gura Lagann

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

more like

only OUR railgun

:ussr:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Eej posted:

East Asian culture in general has a big problem with being underweight or having an eating disorder in that it doesn't recognize it as a problem. There's a lot of starvation, dieting, weight loss pills and other gimmicks going on over there because to not be thin is a failure of character.

To be fair, that's true in Not East Asian culture as well. It's slowly getting better, but still, it's definitely there

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

It is also not particularly easy to play most of the older Pokemon games without the use of emulators and I doubt most of them have Gamecubes and Game Boy Players to spare.

It's not that hard to find good quality used consoles and older games in Japan, if any of them really wanted to they could probably get that set up fairly easily.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Patware posted:

that list made me pick between calli and kiara immediately followed by amelia and gura so i stopped doing it because some things aren't worth that mental anguish

this but it was "Korone or Lamy" and then "Pekora or Amelia" and I just couldn't pick either time

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Red Minjo posted:

I am disappointed to announce that Korone understands how you use the barrels in Carnival Night Zone.

She is, however, using the level select as a continue when you DO NOT HAVE TO DO THAT in Sonic 3 since the game has save files. And it doesn't save if you start from the level select because you didn't pick a save file so she'll have to play through the entire game again if she wants to beat it with all the super emeralds. As opposed to just getting the emeralds and then skipping to the last level to see the new final boss

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Stairmaster posted:

she's playing on the original hardware so relying on the save battery is also a bad idea.

that makes sense, but might get spicy if/when she tries to beat the game with all the emeralds (there are 14) since she can never game over while doing it or she'll lose all her progress

also since she's playing on an actual genesis she can't savestate before each special stage, so she'll have a limited number of attempts before she gets to the end of the game

Xad fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 6, 2021

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tormented posted:

Just woke up and was going to watch the rest of the stream. Looks like it went private. Anyone knows what happened?

her sim couldn't find a bathroom and, well,

Also she did say she was gonna private the stream afterwards but I thought she was joking due to the uh sheer amount of woohoo-ing

Edit: oh hey found out on her twitter, she just has to edit something out first and then it'll be up https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1359050420442734596?s=20

Xad fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 9, 2021

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Log082 posted:

Kiara's dad used to say "I don't have a helicopter!" meaning "I'm not rich!" anytime she asked for pocket money and now she's considering buying him a small one man helicopter and one upping all the car buyers.

She could just buy him a fancy remote control helicopter :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Falls Down Stairs posted:

frankly? a majority of HoloEN counts as "WAY more into Shrek than makes any sense" somehow. But Calli spearheads it

Shrek is love, Shrek is life

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

PerOlus posted:

Marine is going to start a new playthrough of Undertale today, after having cleared it once yesterday.
It's nice to see people liking games.

Kanata finished her neutral run about an hour ago and gushed about how much she liked the game for a while after while reading superchats. She plans to get the good and bad endings too, seems like

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

mekyabetsu posted:

It's kinda weird that like 5 people in Hololive are playing Undertale at the same time. You'd think they'd want to space them out a bit so Undertale fans could catch parts of all of them.

you underestimate my power

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Takoluka posted:

Ah, the Duolingo new-user experience.

I remember when their japanese lessons first came out and if you got through all the way to the end it would teach you oh-so-important words like "ninja" and "karaoke"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

Where's the rest of Deltarune......

from a blog post on the Deltarune website but, Toby Fox has wrist issues that limit how much he can use the computer/play piano a day without being in pain and because there's a pandemic he can't really see someone for physical therapy either. That said, I think he's mentioned part 2 might be near-ish being done? I'm hoping for end of this year maybe but hard to say, he at least has a team working on this one instead of Undertale which he mostly did himself with help from friends like Temmie iirc

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

sb hermit posted:

Moskau is one of the few german songs I know the words to.

Well, the chorus

well, the first part of the chorus where it's just the name of the song

How did Kiara not know that it was in German? Wait, is it in German?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4

yeah it's in German, at least the original version is, though I've definitely heard English language covers

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

il_cornuto posted:

Am I the only one who really likes Amelia but isn't a fan of when she gets really angry? She's very funny when she's more chill and the occasional spike of annoyance that gets shrugged off can be fun but when it seems like shes actually raging it just bums me out. Still one of my favourites though!

yeah she reminds me a little of (haven't watched him in years, but) Reynad? Like small amounts of salt were still funny and the stream would carry on fine but the rare occasion when he or Ame get really mad it kinda just makes me not want to watch for a bit, tho yeah like you said I still like Ame a lot. I think she and Calli have become my holoEN favorites lately

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

FractalSandwich posted:

I think the funniest part of this is that even after having that cleared up, she apparently still parsed "big sis" as "large oneesan".

To be fair, Japanese doesn't have a word for brother/sister without also specifying if they're older or younger than you, so to her why WOULD you need to specify "big" onee-san/ane since the entire word already means that, obviously the superchatter wanted a physically large older sister :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Sharkitten posted:

Is that game in English

The first two are in english on steam (called Consider It) but I think the 3rd and 4th aren't translated into english yet

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, from the jp subtitled clips I've seen, they know.

However, she is also simultaneously very cool

the duality of the reaper

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kyte posted:

btw guys please report https://twitter.com/kureijioIIie for impersonation.
(also keep in mind there's nsfw content in the timeline)

what the heck how is this still active (whoever owns the account made it the same day as ollie iirc, their handle is "oIIie" with capital i's)

edit: ah, it's a chinese anti, almost all of their tweets tag coco and are in mandarin. Jesus christ.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Revolver Bunker posted:

If it keeps her pizza/other food items from becoming water logged chat will throw even more money her way.

search your heart, you know it will not

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tabletops posted:

It’s not wrong though. Of hololive jp it’s basically just matsuri that collabs regularly, and even then it’s been a handful of times in the last year and mostly just with roberu. Matsuri and fubuki are good senpai but it’s silly to pretend that there isn’t a big rear end garden wall between hololive jp and Holostars.

Whether or not the wall is ‘real’ Ie enforced by cover or just erected by the talent is another thing though.

Regardless it doesn’t matter, all I can say is I wish perceptions were different and people other than fubuki and matsuri collabd with them, it would be a big benefit to holostars.

calli recently did an off-collab singing stream with rikka and ollie has been playing apex with astel a lot, so hopefully things are changing

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

leather fedora posted:

Nene's schedule is very interesting. 3 straight days of collabs starting with Apex with Matsuri and Ollie on the 10th, then singing on the 13th with a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT and then a 5th Gen MonHun collab the day after.

https://twitter.com/momosuzunene/status/1380526121628758025

Wonder if the announcement will be for her 3D model, since that got delayed when she was getting a redesign

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Brunom1 posted:

Other memorable moments: Watame stuffing herself full of takoyaki and dango, and then playing from Coco's $9000 bed... and nearly dozing off several times during the stream. For that matter, the old KSZK sheep connection struck again, and she managed to disconnect from the game, despite it being an off-collab with everyone in the same network.

To be fair I've had this problem too, the Switch's local wireless honestly seems like it's somehow less stable than its wifi

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Pyronic posted:

For her "last song" (after like 4 attempts) she decided against "Whole New World" and decided on "September"

but she kept drifting into the Macross Delta mashup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3nfweteZck

I didn't know this existed but this is actually pretty good lol

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Patware posted:

AMErica time

fixed

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

golden bubble posted:

I'm actually considering buying Golf With Your Friends now.

It's honestly a pretty good and very dumb mini-golf game to play with friends if you want to just gently caress around and see people make dumb shots, I played it with a few friends when we all had gamepass and it was really fun

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kwyndig posted:

Also there was clearly room for two shark vtubers, so maybe there's space for n + 1 of whatever your idea is. The market isn't totally saturated yet.

Pretty sure there's 3 sharks now actually, but yeah the point stands, nobody cares if your character is the most original thing, you just have to be entertaining

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

mekyabetsu posted:

Is... is all the music in the game like this? Because I love rhythm games, but the music in this game is actually painful for me to listen to, and I like vocaloid. Am I just too old? Is this like LRAD for boomers?

well, there's...one song that's pretty different but it's uhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHmd8XhmB4Y it also has beepy vocals for the player character still

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just learned that Melody pronounces pastry as past tree, and picture as pick ure.

she apparently pronounces bagel as "baggel" so this does not surprise me one bit

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

RealFoxy posted:

Kiara did some early Fire Emblem but she never finished it

No, she beat it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eP8AoXnQ54

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

RealFoxy posted:

Did she beat it, beat it? Because there's four different stories in that game

I'm pretty sure most people did not get every ending in three houses

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Onean posted:

If I remember correctly (I probably don't), she was born in Japan, then moved to the USA early for a while before moving back. She started growing up with Japanese but also began learning English pretty early too, and developed a mishmash of the two languages that's primarily Japanese.

Because of this she often jokes that English and Japanese are both her 2nd language

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Moona's PC is Kiara's washing machine: confirmed? :tinfoil:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Patware posted:

amelia seems to be making a giant earth butthole

no ring

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

2reachmu posted:

I'm kinda surprised more EN vtubers don't do more retro gaming. I think the farthest back I've seen is like some PS2 J-RPGs. Someone should clue them in to Mister and Fightcade (especially Fightcade for rollback multiplayer)

Uh well those require downloading roms which is kind of illegal and they try not to do that, hence why Korone is playing SA on a physical Dreamcast. I mean she could have bought it on Steam but she likes to use the original consoles anyways. And keeping that in mind, it's definitely more work to use something without an HDMI output

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Takoluka posted:

Finance Ryugu's birthday stream is soon!

Hold on, I thought Pomu was the one who gave bad financial advice...