Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I didn't think vtubers would be something that interested me but calli's steam was a real chill time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

jimmydalad posted:

So Calli probably has a Snoop Dog Dakimakura.

at least dogg-senpai gets to hotbox in the stream room

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
https://twitter.com/moricalliope/status/1314916733371654146?s=21

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I like the schtick of a freelancer finally getting their big break, going from scraping by to learning how to be an entertainer, and getting a lot of eyes/ ears on their creative output. It's heartwarming.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Overseer gura owns :3:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think Kiara is growing on me, she reminds me of mix of Brittany from Daria and Jackie from the 70's Show midway through their respective character arcs when they had likewise started growing on me; particularly when she's helping Calli learn Minecraft. Sorta hard to explain the archetype I'm thinking of, but it's one I find endearing.

Her energy is really contagious and she was so sweet when talking about her family yesterday, totally warmed me up to her. Adorable german country phoenix :3:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

RealFoxy posted:

While Amelia will yell at chat and beg for help in the same 30 seconds, our anxious assistant grim reaper has turned it off entirely for a Doom stream

Probably for the best, this is the slowest I've ever seen anyone play Doom

She just doesn't have it showing up on stream due to setting up in a hurry, still glancing over every now and then apparently.

Loved her learning how a kazoo works on stream.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Onean posted:

She has over 10k people watching her unannounced stream Minecraft early in the morning on a Wednesday. Jeez.

Almost 25k watching now :stare:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I almost had a heart attack when the collab stream started, I had the steam up but was focusing on something else and suddenly just *loud kazoo noises*. I can just imagine the arsenal of instruments she'll have amassed in a few months.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Ina's feeling better and doing a Japanese study stream in 35 minutes, ready for comfy chillings :3:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Sleepy reaper is adorable

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Yeah, also mentioned doing a lot of talking during the scythe swinging lessons on the doom stream or chat stream iirc? Hopefully she can chill out a bit after the youtube money starts rolling in, getting the live show done, ditching the side job and moving apartments. She's been pretty drat stressed and tired on the last two streams, can't help but admire the work ethic.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Raenir Salazar posted:

I love how Calli is like, almost like she's reading from a script but this is also obviously ad libbed, she's talented.

I was thinking this at the beginning of their Minecraft collab with Kiara, her "hey guys what's up... Nonononono sssssssss*boom*" totally sounded like a scripted bit but nope, she just got blown up while doing their intro because they started at night.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
The live show was great and the remix party was really fun. I can't believe I got up at 5am on a Saturday to catch a stream...

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Lmao Kiara in literal gacha hell :allears:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The only thing that's stopping me getting back into Minecraft is that I have an account from years ago that I need help from support to get back into, but going by the replies on their Twitter page people have been waiting like 10 months for a reply so they either have a massive backlog or just don't respond and the principal of the matter is stopping me from just buying another copy of the game.

I had a years old account from buying the game back in beta and managed to migrate in to a modern account just with their online tools, though it's probably tough if you don't have access to the original email or any other complication like that.
Now all I need is to rope some friends into playing with me...

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Well here's something I'm hyped about

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Trihugger posted:

Calli's whole approach to making the album, much like all of her livestreams, was completely scuffed. She didn't even have most of the songs finished when she announced her EP during debut. This was just suppose to be something neat and fun to throw together for her debut and she probably had no expectations that it would get this kind of reception. Can she make something better if she doesn't set arbitrary deadlines that are unrealistic to meet? That remains to be seen.

She's just pumping out content while doing the english teaching and animation gigs, and she's apparently trying to release another song on halloween. She's clearly talented and I can imagine her output would be better if she actually got some sleep and had time to work on her content instead of rushing it out.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
The EN market was still quite unproven after all :shrug:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I'm really happy with Kiara and Calli's EU WFH friendly (mornings and afternoons) schedules and that's the reason I subbed (member'd?) them both.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Kiara doubters struck down by pure idol power.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Coaxing fun smalltalk out of her collab partners and having both en and jp audiences understand it is a huge boon and she does it off the cuff like it's nbd, I'm amazed.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I am 1m subs shork

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1319662397594849280?s=20

Inaaaaa

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Onean posted:

Oh no. Amelia's going to get Ideas. (Moona is giving a tour of the JP Minecraft server to Amelia and Gura in 6 hours.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ayCKHL_BAw

Poor Ame, thought of Minecraft and died of sleep deprivation.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Wow this shark is cute too.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Oh noo I'm going to miss Kiara's unarchived asmr stream due to being in some moron training day instead of comfy wfh.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Lmao my bad I got confused by the fried chicken in the thumbnail, crisis averted

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I want to see Ina play Octodad real bad.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Squiddycat posted:

She's missing a sock

She's missing one in the official art too. Probably due to lack of sleep and overwork.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1322207237952057344?s=21

I love this bird

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Kiara was talking about "the Huke incident" on her members stream, and to her it really didn't seem to be about the crossbow or the sanctity of the minecraft experience. The management was going to just ignore it, but Kiara wanted to protect Huke from the incel mob.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Buddha Fett posted:

This poor lady sounded so run down at the end of the stream, hope she reaches out to her team for some support. She's still new enough to take all the negative stuff super to heart instead of ignoring the haters.

I can only imagine how tough it is having a new job, hundreds of thousands of eyes on your content, being on the other side of the world from your family and support network. It's hard enough to make friends and form a local support network in a foreign country, doubly so in the middle of a loving pandemic.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
All in all, if your country is doing a good job at containing covid, it's probably kinda hard to meet people.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Brunom1 posted:

I look forward to Callie eventually becoming the ambassador of a bunch of cheapo booze

Slav squat cutout next to the bottom shelf wine 👌

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Copyright strikes and such are really troublesome and can cause huge losses in revenue. if f.ex. your new video gets taken down or demonetized that can be thousands of dollars you worked hours and hours for gone forever, and the strikes can even threaten your while livelihood if you get enough of them, taking down your channel permanently. It's at the point where indie content creators are leaving YouTube and/or switching their monetization to patreon because YT is so unreliable. Twitch streaming used to be more stable and safe but now takedowns seem to be more and more frequent there too, with a lot of vods getting nuked. Having a company handle all that, with people who know their legal poo poo, seems quite worth it.

junan_paalla fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 5, 2020

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Onean posted:

Ina and Iofi are doing a chill "drawing" stream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFsdItkJ3Zw

And by "drawing" I mean it's been 15 minutes and they've just been chatting back and forth, and only just started drawing.

This is a top tier chill stream holy poo poo

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1325692766362333184?s=21

Best bird with three collabs this week :worship:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Kild posted:

lol kiara showed up at callis at the end of the stream

They're recording a song together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Brunom1 posted:

Mooching implies the person isn't capable of growing without piggiebacking off someone else, and the EN girls' positively explosive growth over the past few months show that's absolutely not the case.

So gently caress those people. They have no idea what they're talking about.

Yeah the jp girls seem excited to practice their English and reach out to the en audience, and best bird has both the language skills and positive collab energy to make it easy for them.