Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

trucutru posted:

And then you compare her scores with Aqua's (who is #1 in many of those songs) and welp.
tbf Gura said in her first stream she hadn't played Muse Dash for a while and was rusty. And I don't think she's played off-stream.

Dzhay posted:

Any good entries to Calliope's remix/cover contest yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7PNSbTa5rg
Turbo of eurobeat remix fame chose to participate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Hungry posted:

Watching streamers (virtual or otherwise) struggle with games and eventually overcome them is a huge part of the appeal for a lot of people. Gura seemed worried by that back during her first stream as well. Somebody needs to tell these girls it's okay to suck at games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNigFTlSBxs

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Behold, the patron saint of Hololive!
https://twitter.com/NekoNyanTJ/status/1309813428261974016

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
wrt HoloEN Minecraft server: I'm pretty sure Kiara set it up, because she talked about all this beforehand in her first two MC streams (which were local). Gura just happened to be the first one to visit the server once it was made.
The summary of it is that they (or at least she) want to have their own server because JP is already pretty crowded, but they'll be visiting JP anyways because, you know, collabs and stuff.
IIRC it's a Minecraft Realm so latency is probably fine.

Tabletops posted:

I wonder why they spelled her name wrong
IIRC somebody namesquatted.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It being a minecraft realm would actually change quite a bit about how the game functions, including making it not possible to link to the JP or resource servers.

Good news would be that realms are much more stable than java.

I am not entirely sure, mind you.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
https://twitter.com/EngVTubersOOC/status/1315028617106198530

Kiara and Pikamee will ally to erase the very concept of Mario Bros. from existence.

--

Highlights of a different type:
https://twitter.com/EngVTubersOOC/status/1315030818797113345
https://twitter.com/EngVTubersOOC/status/1315029731897729027

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lyer posted:

From how she phrased it, it sounded like she rented it using her own money (or at least getting help from her music producer friends). I also think her situation is different from the other girls, she came right out of the gate with 3 of her own songs. I don't know anything about her past life, but sounded like she knew her way around performing/creating music.

I hate doing the hint hint imply imply bullshit but tldr yes she has music production experience. If you wish to know more you can PM.

---

https://twitter.com/yorunohato/status/1315350058032824327
An extremely rare moment of synchronicity.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 12, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Does anyone know how payouts work in Hololive? I'm assuming the performers get a percentage of superchat and membership revenue.

Main issue here is that Youtube pays on the 21st of the month after monetization starts. So Cover (and therefore the talent) won't see money for 9 more days.

Waffleman_ posted:

Streamlabs would be fun because donation notifications would be great for bullying Calli even more.

God no those get obnoxious extremely fast.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 12, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

blossommirage posted:

So I think I mentioned earlier my nephews friend stumbled onto Gura, and it's very interesting to see him get more into it. He currently loves all the HoloEN girls, and has recently started asking me to talk about some of the JP talent as well after seeing "the really weird rabbit" as well as "the gay dog and her cat girlfriend". Unfortunately, while trying to explain what makes Marine cool, I discovered I could not do this, as he is my nephews friend.

I opted to show him some Korone and Pikamee as they're mostly family friendly, which makes it less awkward. He asked me to show him even more next time I see him, and I'm not entirely sure what else to do from here. Anyone have advice?

Fubuki is prolly a good pick. Also if he watches Kiara I doubt Marine is much worse. :v:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Jesus christ all this handwringing.

This is from August 1st.

Source

This is the same Fubuki that said she'd quit if she were forced to do a PR tweet after the videocalypse.

Seriously, these are adult professionals, not teenagers locked into yakuza-backed idol contracts. Stop with this paternalistic bullshit.
gently caress, Kiara actually knows the latter, do you really think she'd've even applied for Hololive in first place if it were the way people keep painting it as?

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 13, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

junan_paalla posted:

Her energy is really contagious and she was so sweet when talking about her family yesterday, totally warmed me up to her. Adorable german country phoenix :3:

https://twitter.com/ArkFordArt/status/1315730116882788352

I'd love to have mama phoenix on stream once.
Or ane'nis, for that matter.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
What most impressed me was her ability to get back home without using coordinates.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Contrasting Gura who pretty much only accomplished putting a door on her house.
She also made a tiny farm for wheat she never used, got a couple cows for no particular reason and moved Joergen from Ame's house to the same pen as the cows.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Strictly speaking they just reused the remake's animated Rin avatar (you can see it in use later on) and had it cycle through her expressions while syncing the mouth to her voice's sound (you can tell because it's slightly laggy and fairly janky). There's no mocap involved, so it's not quite a real vtuber.

It's still pretty fun tho!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I seem to recall Kiara mention at some point she was the only ESL.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Today was a great day. Bird collab, Hades stream and concert were all great stuff.

homeless snail posted:

For the English speakers, they're also big fans of shark sounds, but also out of all of the holomyths she's the most attentive to chat and I think a lot of people like when the anime girl asks how their day was.
I strongly disagree. Not when Amelia and Kiara are there.

E: Now for the remix content results.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDkow-nDQo4

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Note that she was made content before Hololive, so it's most likely they just don't know about Hololive specifically.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lyer posted:

3 are basically North American, one is probably a North American in Japan teaching English as a side gig and the last is most likely of Japanese descent and currently lives in Japan, but grew up in Europe? Long story short their streams are generally catered to English viewers, but, knowing that the majority of the fanbase is aware of the main JP branch, so there is some crossover from time to time.

Kiara is austrian and taught herself japanese and went to work and live in japan out of massive, massive weebery. Her first language is german.

---

Btw Kiara's having another JP collab this friday.
She also said she'd be leaving japan soon-ish (prolly within a year) so might leave before they get their chance for 3D, who knows.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Trihugger posted:

It should only be an issue until they link to a resource server like JP does, right? Though I could see them eventually wanting to progess and take out the Ender Dragon without it. Especially Amelia and Ina.

I don't think they can do that with a realm tho.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

The Bee posted:

As someone who's only really gotten into this whole scene thanks to the EN generation, they seem incredibly tight-knit too. Is it normal for gens to have this many cross collabs each week, and whole group collaborations with so much regularity?

As the others said, it took them a bit to find their stride together. And that's probably why they got the 1-month moratorium. It basically forces them to stick together and learn each other, instead of taking refuge in someone from another group they happened to vibe with.

Also for Kiara at least I feel that pep talk Marine gave her did wonders to her. There was a noticeable increase in confidence after that.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I've been looking through Urban dictionary for like half an hour now and I still have no idea what poggers is.
A modification of PogChamp, which is that twitch emote that gets spammed when something cool or hype happens. It's one of the staples of twitch chat culture.

quote:

The PogChamp emote shows streamer Ryan Gutierrez, known as Gootecks, making an exaggeratedly surprised face, his mouth open and eyes wide. The image is pulled from an outtake from Gutierrez’s YouTube series (with fellow gamer Mike Ross) Counter Cross TV. The outtake, uploaded in November 2010, includes Gutierrez’s surprised reaction to a cameraman bumping his tripod.

wrt why it's called pogchamp:

quote:

The name PogChamp comes from another video, uploaded in 2011, featuring Gutierrez and Ross. In a promo video, called “Pogs Championship,” for a MadCatz-brand joystick, the two play Pogs, the disk-flipping game popular in the 1990s. In the end, Gutierrez wins by dropping the joystick on the stack of Pogs, becoming the Pog champion.

It was added to twitch in 2012.
It's actually got nothing to do with play of game, or overwatch for that matter. Pogchamp predates Overwatch by 4 years.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 22, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Korone and Pekora are peak shyness and it's great that they've slowly managed to come out of their shells.
Moona's involvement with Pekora is huge and I hope Risu can do the same for Korone.
Korone's fireworks thing for Miko was a massive step for her, too.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Should be in ~21 hours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGFD1p5TGlA

It's also an offline collab, btw.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-GDqTp6UM

Ina's thumbnail chibis are extremely cute and I hope she posts the clean versions on twitter at some point. They'd make great merch, too.
Anyways, KiaraIna racing in 2 hours.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Space Flower posted:

marine taught her stream an 'english joke' ("i'm seiso if i say so") last week and then ina said it just the other day, the bonds are strong

Ina originally said "I'm seiso if you say so" in a stream a week or two ago, this is just callbacks. :v:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mirage posted:

I like all the EN 'tubers, but Kiara seems, I dunno, the least "developed" as a character. All the rest have grown into multidimensional personalities (sometimes eroding their original kayfabe, but to their overall benefit) and Kiara is still the goofy birdbrain type she always was. Fun to watch but not a standout.

I do enjoy that she's slowly becoming EN's ambassador to the JP crowd, though. They really need that.

Stick around to her superchat readings.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 22, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Recently a new vtuber showed up on twitch. Cute wolf girl with a voice some people might recognize.

https://twitter.com/NERINES00/status/1319739348649115648

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tabletops posted:

Dies anyone know who was hosting the among us holo 9 last night?

Looked like Botan.

cave emperor posted:

I didn't click on it but the thumbnail showed a real person sitting in a chair from a webcam perspective.

p sure vid is wrong, anyways

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 25, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Smiles posted:

speaking of weird sometimes i feel like i should go see whats up at the hololive reddit since some of the girls lurk there but then thered be a video of some dude unironically taking a cardboard cutout of luna with him to go grocery shopping with over a thousand upvotes and thats flying too close to the 'spitting in a communal bucket' sun for me

https://twitter.com/himemoriluna/status/1319197259280494593
Luna liked it tho.

Most Hololive girls are just as weird and/or otaku as their fans.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Tabletop's idea was stupid, creepy and ultimately harmless because ironically all he'd find out was information that they'd already given out. Still, what the gently caress.

It also had nothing to do with the rule change.
Some people here get off on the smallest little thing and somehow treat light discussion of someone's past professional life the same as revealing their street name and address. One's country of residence is not sensitive information. It's something they talk about themselves!

Namtab posted:

I remain strongly of the opinion that the best way to manage the creepiness/doxx factor is just to blanket ban any discussion of who a vtuber was before they were that particular vtuber, including former internet personas. Theres a reason they mostly scrubbed their former net presences after all.
Noel has repeatedly broken her own kayfabe in her other channel. Coco has hosed up too.
Matsuri is still active and has no intention of stopping. So are Kiara and Ina.
Gura gave a shoutout to herself in her first stream. Pretty sure Polka did too.
gently caress, Twitter and Youtube sometimes do it on their own, because algorithms.

They delete previous content because that's part of the Cover agreement but many of them still do their own stuff and if they accidentally reveal something they shrug go "oops, plz don't spread" and let it go. It's a gentleman's agreement, not a legally binding contract. It's no different from Rule 4: "don't speak about other streamers in chat". It's a politeness thing, they aren't going to get doxxed to death just because someone finds their old content.

Yes, sometimes this leads to actual yabai, if they weren't careful with the information they gave out back in the day, like it happened to Ame, and that's very unfortunate. But it's still ridiculous to assume that as the normal. Especially because it's not like it matters for the rules here, people here are (mostly) well-adjusted enough to not go deep-doxxing. Those that do will go post it on 4chan, anyways.

---

As an aside, I do apologize for starting another round of bs when I wanted to promote Nerines some pages ago, I copypasted the post I used in a place with laxer rules and I wanted to drum up some interest without going HEY GUYS VALKYRIEAURORA IS STREAMING AGAIN and I fell to the same bs I myself hate so much. (Not that I even could 'cause I posted before the rules change)

Anyways do give cute awoo girl a try she's comfy and has a nice voice.
https://twitch.tv/nerines00

Kyte fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 25, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
And so they get banned sooner rather than later.

Endorph posted:

for starters 'well adjusted' would be one of the absolute last words id apply to goons. people here are more maladjusted than most 4chan posters
You've never visited a live /hlg/ or /hlgg/ thread, have you.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Anime livestreams you mean like watchalongs? I guess it'd be the same as movies, although more fiddly 'cause you'd need to resync with every ep.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

amaranthine posted:

this is the thing that matters most here, she's actually the greatest

comfy lots of the time, occasionally has big horny energy in ways that are extremely funny, incredibly good voice, cute character design, great opening BGM. seriously. her voice/laugh are like nakiri ayame levels of "even if I did not understand this language, I would listen to this"

I probably shouldn't assume that everyone making a vtube debut at this point is angling for a spot in future generations of hololive en, but also... if she is, I think she'd make it
She and Kiara have very similar taste in games, it'd be really fun to have them together.

Lyer posted:

I'm legit amazed that Kiara hasn't gotten any grief from her Fire Emblem streams though, I've heard that fanbase is pretty toxic + backseat gaming.
I think Kiara manages to defuse a lot of backseating by actively asking for advice whenever she's playing.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Stuff like "Imagine not hyper jumping backwards 60 times to get past this" were pretty obvious jokes, but "This is an incredible level of blindness" definitely came off way worse. Didn't help the dude went on Twitter and was like "Wow can't believe I'm breaking rule 4 merely by existing."

Honestly I think it's just that many western youtubers are wrapped in so many layers of irony it actually poisons their brain so when they step out of the irony comedy zone it gets very awkward.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
btw does anyone recognize the song Haachama uses for the Haachama Sunday trailer? I swear I've heard it before but I can't remember from where.

This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylD9r6o7I-4

e: thx guys

Kyte fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 26, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

stratego posted:

From a few pages back, but I have been simply enamored with Flare's effort in this song. Just absolutely BELTING out those MOTO MOTO MOTOs. Making the O'riends look like rank amateurs.

Hey now that's not fair. Neither Kiara nor Nene have the right voice to do that kinda yells.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Nene... :allears:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Jerkface posted:

She expanded on it in her free talk after the tweet. She likes loli art and talked about buying a magazine (comic lo) in japan that features loli manga stories.

Edit: and ofc this is a cultural thing in japan, you'd have to cancel half the holo cast if "liking lolicon art" is your bar for it
half the famous voice actors, for that matter

Artificer posted:

Cultural? Really? Christ that's weird. I don't think that's actually true? Maybe just for ultra online anime nerds, but even if its normal for Japanese anime nerds its still pretty loving bad.
It's filed under "funny otaku things". Like how Takahashi Rie (Megumin, Mashu, etc) is extremely thirsty for shota and has gone on spiels about the appeal in multiple episodes of FGO's radio show and gets memed about it as a result.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Artificer posted:

Huh. That's weird and bad as hell. :( Sucks it runs so deep, I guess.

There's a difference between real life and fiction.

E: gently caress that's a terrible post to start a new page with. one sec I need to find something good to make up for it.

e2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9N5kaH2SPw

Sometimes Kiara's superchat readings go into really weird directions.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20bCg2bcdtg

Sora is the Holoserver's resident cryptid.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Watching Sora's stalking clips makes me wish there was a party popper-type item in minecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

DrPaper posted:

I don't have any subs yet, so Idk how they do it, thought I'd ask. When they do a movie watch, they just tell you when they're starting the movie right? Or do they actually stream it?

They give you a sync point and you watch your own copy at the same time. Copyrights make it impossible to actually stream the movie.