Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Powerful without a full time job lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

I mean itís free real estate

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Times Square isnít exactly popping during the pandemic yíall lol

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Uto finishing her karaoke with bakamitai is

https://youtu.be/f1hYonTIXpk

Encore now. Good stuff. Hopefully itís archived!

Edit: I donít envy anyone who tries to do karaoke with their vtuber baby voice poo poo is rough

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 2, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

What if kiaras outfit is lederhosen with a straw hat

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Rushia is doing karaoke, she started a little bit ago

https://youtu.be/01JtCTIdggo

Very nice chill songs

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

holy poo poo, the cover is cute and gura is way too autotuned but the video itself doe

by far the highest quality video for a hololive cover/song yet. It's like, a lot of unique art and theres like not 3 different images wiggling around to various backgrounds. theres even animation!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

im not sure i've heard ina squeak as much as she did in the first ride through pokemon snap

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

I thought it was more well known that korone was a westaboo

Sheís talked about her love of American cartoons, movies and games and she always uses subs etc

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Cat girls are too powerful. Its impossible to meet cat girl demand.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

I assume gura didnít want them

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

fubuki gives rushia a run for her money in the yandere department

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0PNJOOYwyA

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

drat twice in 5 minutes

RIP vine

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Carteret posted:

the question is if she is running an actual script parsing chat or is she improving all of this with a mask

because honestly, i wouldn't be surprised of either

Itís 10000% a mask layer sheís moving lol

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

GODDAMN THESE LEGS

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Brunom1 posted:

https://twitter.com/7name_/status/1390809910393204738

Same rigger that did Watson's original outfit, plus Ayame's New Year outfit, Astel, Roberu, Oga, and more.

Oh no... Roberu...

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Kyte posted:

If you're thinking about 3D Roberu that's an entirely different set of artists.

Ok good but whoever did that to our winning son deserves to never get contract work with cover again

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

This is bar karaoke

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Log082 posted:

Ame's singing streams always have "Drunk bar karaoke" vibes even though she doesn't really drink. It's just a thing.

She has the perfect voice for it though so I enjoy the hell out of it even though I hate actual bar karaoke.

Yeah itís good in itís own way! Kinda fun since I havenít been to a bar in like 18 months

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Amazing hats off Amelia

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Renzuko posted:

This comment makes me wonder like...i know that merch costs partially came out of lamy's salary that she gets paid by cover...and presumably so did amelia and calli, but does the new outfits come from that too?

I know pekora straight up paid for her prison outfit and rigging, separate from cover.

The goods thing blew my mind lol

Wonder what their cut is

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

loving aqua bats come onnnnn

SKANK IN THE PIT

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Holy gently caress rocket ame

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ooofa doofa

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

4chan really hates her for a multitude of dumb reasons including believing her to be some kind of attention whore to all sorts of stuff from her past jobs.

I went in there to see some reactions to Ame's outfit reveal and all they were talking about was Kiara having the gall to make a tweet during the reveal.

In short 4chan will be 4chan.

Pretty sure anyone who wants to be in the spotlight for anything would classify lol, ie all streamers pretty much. 4chan continuing to be loving losers.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 8, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Korone seriously considered quitting the day before
https://youtu.be/s9UyhOxYJB8

Wonder what happened, if it was work or personal. Honestly always makes me feel bad when vtubers seem to not quit or whatever because they donít want their fans to feel bad.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Holy shot lol my partner knew it was gonna be unravel the moment she said meme song

So good

I thought it was gonna be never gonna give you up

Also I hope the ina Callie recorder spat makes it on vtubers out of context cause holy poo poo

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

FractalSandwich posted:

If you want to use vtubers as a vehicle to learn Japanese, Japanese clips with Japanese subtitles are probably the way to go, so maybe it's that for people learning English. Doesn't do you much good if the subtitles are unreliable, though.

I thought this was going to turn into a Japanese man yuuta parody post I am disappointed

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Doc V posted:

The cutest vtuber couple, Itou Life and Tomari Mari, covered Turing Love (with art by GYARI):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpySnVPVVmg

They're also starting a gaming talkshow type of thing later this month, with Maimoto from Nijisanji as the first guest.

Wildly baby voice detected oh god

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Later alligator is such a charming good game

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Potsticker posted:

There's a Holomen who used to be in Nijisanji under a different identity and used pretty much the exact same voice and personality. And from what I've seen during the 5th gen debut the JP Netizens are just as rabid about finding out who people were before. Nene helped out a lot on that one.

Nene helped? Did she loose lip details?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

What a perfect Amelia Watson stream. Later, Alligator was seriously such an amazing choice for Ame to play.

I kinda hope ina plays it because I think she would probably love it

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

We donít deserve nenechi

https://youtu.be/rFeqy7i0JwU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Boy howdy

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Why is it only listed in cdt lol

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Lyer posted:

The only person Gura has collabed with outside of EN was Anya. Apparently Gura is very, very bad at checking messages and getting back to people according to Kiara. Gura approached her with a MH collab and Kiara responded with some other stuff they could do as well and the thread ended there. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a backlog of unread messages from JP members that Gura just isn't aware of lol

i wouldn't be surprised if she was painfully aware of every single one

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Sindai posted:

It's interesting that nijiEN is streaming RE8 with english audio. I wonder if they got permission faster than Cover or they just aren't cautious enough to care. I'm guessing the later.

niji is much much bigger than hololive so probably the former

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Man the baby voices are slowly catching up with everyone. Wonder who will be the next person to drop it in favor of a more natural or their natural voice.

Sucks about Aqua though, sheís dealing with living on her own for the first time in a big(gest) city during a pandemic and sheís already a shut in. Must be tough. Sheíd probably be better off as a roommate or something at least mentally.

Also sounds like she has some serious issues with streaming as a job. All we have to go off of is what she says publicly though obviously.

gently caress Antis also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

I think yíall are prescribing a lot more comraderie than actually exists. Itís a competitive scene, large streamers have basically no incentive to boost small or indies. This only really happens when theyíre in the same org like niji or hololive. Even in niji cliques are common and getting more exposure from popular groups is hard for new people. outside of the good will of some or Iím assuming direction of corporate for boosting brand new talents.

Gaining subs is the game and if a collab isnít going to be a net gain then it wonít happen, at least among indies. This of course extends for indies trying to collab with corporate tubers.

Even hololive has failed their talents in this regard like with Luna.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 20, 2021