Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
some of the EN hololive people are debuting today right?

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEq0fwWopsk

anyone have any idea what this is or is about? Obviously it's a teaser of some kind but what's it got to do with mito i wonder? maybe she's just promoting it? (looks like a movie?)

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

nielsm posted:

If you miss Coco's English singing stream, I may be able to hook you up with a :filez: archive afterwards, if you know how to contact me on Discord.

will it not be on the tube?

dang peko ended up doing like 25 songs. p good set list too!

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 11, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

nielsm posted:

No, she can't archive (or monetize) her English singing streams because of copyright/licenses.

ah ok. makes sense.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
pekora's karaoke of secret base last night was legit p dang good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LAKyyKu5Fo&t=2592s

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Ninomae is on. She's not japanese but she's also not western maybe other east asian?

70k viewers rn

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 12, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Also I'm pretty sure all of these en streamers are going to be based in japan.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
This is the most thorough list of anime I've seen from a vtuber.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 2, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Lurking Haro posted:

I doubt Botan has the same keyboard as everyone else.

Haha maybe but they're all mechanical keyboards that seem to have the same keycaps. I was assuming they were given them by hololive because I thought it'd be weird for people who aren't enthusiast nerds or old to have mechanical keyboards.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Reclines Obesily posted:

botan uses a realforce, incredibly expensive uber nerd japanese keyboard that use topre switches and is always out of stock

Wild. What a nerd.

I really wanted a topre keyboard before I settled for the poo poo I have now. Now I wanna look at knockoffs again...

Also fwiw standard topres sound kinda like browns.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Ba NE JOE

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Chumbuds

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Is a shark

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Her bgm is good too. vaguely nautical but not annoying.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
shark and octopus lady are very good singers. Like better than most hololive jp people. Wild.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

JazzFlight posted:

BTW, I can't believe watching that single 3-second EEKUM BOKEM animation about a week ago has led me down this gigantic VTuber rabbithole, especially at the perfect time to check out the English character debuts.

Pretty much same.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 2, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i like inani's stream and she'll probably be great but holy poo poo i can't stand the lolibait clothing/chara design.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

MonsterEnvy posted:

Huh all the Hololive Eng people lost about 8000 subscribers.

watson had 110k when i looked like 5 minutes ago. weird.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not sure what you talking about there. She does not even look young. Gura is the only loli style character in the lot.

wut

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Stairmaster posted:

just because ina's flat doesn't; make her a loli, what are you the british government

ok lol

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So we have three native speakers and 2 ESL, right? Calliope is obviously an English native, and I'm almost positive Amelia is too, but I'm not sure with Gura. I can't if it's cause she's native, she's that good at English, or her character masks her mistakes. At the same time, Calliope also seems the worst at Japanese, roughly comparable to me after a year and a half studying in college.

Calliope seems like the only native speaker to me idk

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Does anyone know the tetris game in this video?
https://youtu.be/5zwY50-necw

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Lol the thumbnail for her stream is certainly invoking hachama

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Looks like she may be US based? I can't tell if she's on jp or not but all the players have relatively normal western names I guess. And her pings in the 40 range.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Stink Billyums posted:

tetris online poland

Ty!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Shaaak is on now. Also like 7 other hololive people

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Reclines Obesily posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientZealousKoupreyPrimeMe

she learned english entirely from discord/4chan/reddit and twitch

you couldnt create a better hololive idol for twitch if you tried. she frequently tries to convince chat she is an ice mage not an ice gremlin

even her head looks like a twitch emote

edit:she talks like a prinny from disgae when she gets hype or upset

I wonder what percentage of her vocabulary is based on gamer moments

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
maneater is a fun choice for the shark girl but she's also bad enough that I can't watch due to backseat gamer frustration syndrome.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

lol this is very good.

I'd never complain about it in chat or anything. I'm not looking to shame someone. I'll just post about it on a dumb dead comedy forum.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
"i'm a rhythm gamer I can only hit two buttons :("

she's still adorable

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
It's an impossible task but I wish pekos long plays got translated. I get a bit of it and my partner can fill in other gaps but I still miss a lot. Her fallout and deaths stranding streams are both good :(

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Saagonsa posted:

Pekora's entire MGS3 playthrough (the first one she did) is also translated, although it's in the form of 14 20 minute highlight videos. That same translator is also working on her MGS1 playthrough right now. It's a genuinely very good watch.

trucutru posted:

There are large parts of her MGS runs translated, that should help scratch the itch (The MGS3 ones are gold).

one example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvue5kOf2P4

(She's a huge Snake fangirl)

thanks guys. I have a hard time finding stuff because there are so many translators and 99% do tiny 2 minute clips.

re: translation. I imagine japanese google translate's biggest weakness is how context sensitive it is?

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 15, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

wolfs posted:

Tomoshika's infatuation with Pikamee is the spicy subplot of VOMS that truly charges their interactions w/ unresolved tension
here's like, the entire chronology of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QburbnG3_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiMr67wND4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6j8RGjNwFk&t=55s

although i know this is comedy (i think???) i still feel bad for tomoshika lol.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 15, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Jerkface posted:

You quoted the wrong post! But I agree, the translated DMs killed me poor Tomoshika. I wonder how much is character and how much is real.

Their backstory is really interesting (the first video) and I really like that cover as well.

Pollyanna posted:

Wrong post, maybe?

woops sorry!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Shark has never played a rhythm game in a arcade. Wild. Mind blown. Why?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Yak of Wrath posted:

I'm not sure who it is but there is someone from Hololive Japan who appears to be holding a lot of the high scores, there should be a play off at some point.

It's aqua

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

SpartanIvy posted:

This. I don't think I've seen a rhythm game besides DDR in arcades, and most of the time the pads are hosed up anyway. Why pay to play that when you can just sit at home and play stepmania with a keyboard?

Huh. Round 1 is allover and has tons of rhythm games.

Idk I lived in a smallish (100k) town in Florida and there were 4 or 5 places with rhythm games.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Phantasium posted:

By contrast, there hasn't been an arcade around here since Tekken 3 was big, and the last time I played in one predates the PS1/N64.

Where is here? Most of the places were inside bowling alleys and poo poo where I mentioned earlier.

Also wow aqua is in the top 3 on every song she's played so far lol

Edit: korone too

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Also for people talking about ffxiv streams, two of the holoID girls have been doing ffxiv streams I assume together