Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I didn't know there was a thread! Been watching vtubers since March after Youtube kept recommending them to me. I'm in the rabbit den now and there's no escape form me. I still need to catch up on pages of post but wanted thank you for making this thread.

That's not even Kiara's final form. I want to see the henshin belt in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Liar Lyre posted:

I’m so glad there’s a thread here now. The reddit is good for news and memes, but the people can be the worst.

Best original song is absolutely Marine’s Ahoy. Sounds like the OP to a Houshou Pirates anime that I desperately want.
https://youtu.be/e7VK3pne8N4

Edit: No, this is the best song. Don’t care that it’s a cover, but if you don’t bump this everyday you aren’t true Hololive fan
https://youtu.be/9kQ2GtvDV3s

When I first heard Marine's Ahoy song it sounded really familiar to me and it wasn't until about a week after its debut that it occurred to me what it sounded like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvQpDEUJ2UU The fact that the themes match makes it even better.

The 24 person hololive collab song was amazing. I really want them to extend that to all of Hololive/Holostars/HololiveID/HololiveEn. That crazy train needs to happen.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Bloody Pom posted:

Amelia's is in just over an hour, so I imagine they're spacing them out so as not to overlap with each other.

e:Once they get more settled in they'll probably relax their schedules somewhat, the older-generation girls tend to just stream whenever.

Ina's still streaming CoC with 15 minutes before Amelia's stream. I imagine she'll end just before Amelia's starts and read her super chats in another stream.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kild posted:

Oh, no don't bully kiara into crying and not speaking japanese anymore.

I found that super chat completely dumb. I'm glad chat is fully supporting her to do her own thing. She speaks 3 human languages and bird. Let the girl speak anything she wants. This isn't the first time she's gotten comments about her speaking Japanese. I wonder if its English viewers being elitist or if antis are trying to bully her.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SpartanIvy posted:

You would have to assume antis. You can't be a big enough weeb to like vtubers and then be like "uh, dubs are better"

Well the antis got chat to flood her with more money and support for Kiara. Its kind of relieving that the situation was quickly put down. Watching the Japanese members stream its harder to counter the antis there because of the language barrier.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Korone's doing a singing stream to celebrate 800k+ subs. She's killing it with her song choices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivaf58kTVxc

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Yikes, hope this doesn't put any of the VTubers at any real risk outside their avatars. Throwing your employees under the bus isn't a good start considering they started just this summer. https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtualYou...web2x&context=3

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Bloody Pom posted:

It seems like Ina has acquired '10Q' as her catchphrase on account of how she says 'thank you' :kimchi:

In two hours it will be Gura's turn to read all the names. I foresee her also suffering from success.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I know that exact feeling. Somewhere between soul crushing defeat and deep regret.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tae posted:

Probably Choco since she gave the quiz about knowledge, then Kanata who scored the highest by a mile.

I second this vote. Choco-sensei has very good situation awareness and critical thinking. My evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw3JrbS4nV0

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I'm curious what the $250 dollar wine will be.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Bloody Pom posted:

Amelia has the right idea, announcing up front that all superchat reading (even reds) will be done after the main stream content.

Agreed. It's nice that Mori wants to give credit right away to people but not every listener means well.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

CJ posted:

Does Coco sing more than 4 songs? Every time i open one of those English singing streams it's Backstreet Boys, Rockaby, Celine Dion or Evanescence.

I see this as part of her vocal training that she's been taking. Practicing the songs in a room with an instructor is different from live performances. She's improved a great deal since early summer and I welcome any chance I can get to listen to the dragon girl sing. Its also helping her boost confidence in her voice.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Sillipenda posted:

If your interested in cooking videos, Choco-sensei is doing one right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYEDHv2Yznk

Apparently making a salad today, and while she doesn't have a cooking cam, I find it relaxing just listening the noises and everything as she goes about cooking.

This is from pages back but Choco-sensei's cooking streams are some of my favorites. A lot is in how its set up. Feels like you're sitting in the room next to the kitchen while she's cooking and talking to you. You can hear the food prep and the microwave going. Its super chill and casual and her food always looks amazing when she posts it to twitter. It also helps remind me to eat healthier and not over eat since her dishes are reasonable portion sizes.

Trihugger posted:

Watame taking over Flare's Avatar. A lot of comments talk about how distinctly Watame-like Flare's movements and expressions are. Some are speculating that Watame's Live 2D rigging may not be better than anyone else's, it's just Watame herself that's super animated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ifIQIhC7E

Watame is my favorite so far of all the VTubers and a lot of that is due to her demeanor and attitude. I also thought that perhaps she had a better model made for her but it looks like a lot of it is just her abilities shown through the face rigging.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

trucutru posted:

Yeah, she was drinking straight from the bottle, which is the proper way to drink your spirytus.

You should worry if she begins drinking strong zero, that poo poo is traitorous.

She did mention in one of her streams that she's does like the Strong Zeros but favors the wine more often.

Saagonsa posted:

Going from "I don't get salty at this game anymore" to "You think I won't???" was top tier

Her saltiness was surprising but after a couple of streams I realized that she was doing this on purpose to keep chat engaged. She's not really a toxic gamer contrary to what her chat says. She just lets the salt pour. Her e-sports commentary as she spectates though is top notch.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Breadmaster posted:

Kind of expect that already, read the original story a while back. Hope Ina knows what she's in for though

Judging by the current point in the stream....maybe not? Let's hope no one with a weak stomach or is a child is watching this along with the stream.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Shadowlyger posted:

This is like overheat number 5. I think she needs a new Switch. Or this game is just REALLY poorly optimized.

I didn't think the switch could overheat like that. I've got one and its never reached a point where self destruct.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Eej posted:

It is when she set her stream to Members Only and pro-China posters paid money to join and also paid money to superchat and flame her

In true heroic Coco fashion, saving a sister and making fat stacks of cash while doing so

Its made better by the fact that I'm pretty sure they all had to use a VPN to even access YouTube. Which itself is an offense to China's internet laws. There's some grand irony in all this and my respect for Coco has risen to a whole new level.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
The fact that all it took for these people to get triggered and flip their poo poo was saying a single name speaks volumes to how dumb this all is. Everything they've done is so hypocritical that its looped around to being hilarious. Especially subbing to Coco just to wish death upon her family. I hope Cover never addresses this and this just dies down but I have a feeling that people are stubborn and its going to take a long while. Plus side is that it seems that Haachama's streams are relatively okay from this.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

If her legs fold up during her streams that may be a sanity check on every listener.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Welp, Cover went and did what they have been doing all year long. Their decisions continue to harm their talents and at this point I wonder how many of them still trust Cover to do what's best for them. Mel, Fubuki, Mio, Aloe, Coco, and Haato have all been handled ham-fistedly in some way and at this point I don't think they intend to handle PR or harassment problems welk. I feel bad for Akai Haato since now she's even more isolated in Australia.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

cogito ergo incommo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upy3VBCNTWI&t=760s

Have a video about a squirrel having the time of her life playing with rubber ducks for an hour.
I really love Risu. She's great.

Thank you for posting this. I ended up listening the whole video while working. It definitely cheered me up on this Monday.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Suisei seems to be taking things in strides.
https://twitter.com/suisei_hosimati/status/1310865720431882242?s=19

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pollyanna posted:

Watame is the best uggggggg :love:

I had to duck out shortly after she started her super chat session due to work becoming slammed. It sounds like things got really fluffy and warm and the sheep all gathered in a flock around Watame. I'm sad I missed it but happy that Watamates continue to support the best sheep.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lyer posted:

I don't know if it's just the youtube algorithm at work, but I almost never see Flare clips. Is she just not that popular with translators or something?

Most of the clips I see for Flare are when she collabs with someone or is talking about when she's with Noel.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Raenir Salazar posted:

I swear to god vtubers are making me strongly consider recommitting to learning Japanese so I can properly enjoy these streams when live.

Having listened to vtubers since March my understanding of conversational Japanese has improved greatly. My written Japanese is still trash though.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Marin Karin posted:

Korone is cool, and I believe in her sincerity because she plays poo poo like Atlantis for 11 hours. No one who only cares about getting simp money and viewer engagement to feed the algorithm would even dare risk playing anything like that. yubi yubi

Dragon's Lair was the best example of that for me. Up until her passing AC Creed it was one of her longest playthroughs of a game that most deem cruel and unusual punishment. Not only did she best it but she wasn't satisfied having used the 30 lives code and offline recorded herself beating the game with the default lives. Not to mention that she had played the game long enough to get blisters on her fingers. She's determined, stubborn and a bit selfish at times but she loves playing games and the challenges it brings.

Also, ASSASSIN! WO WO WOO!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I really wish I could buy prints of vtubers' art sometimes yeah, but I don't know if they'd have to do that through their management or if they could just straight up set up their own store

I would check Ina's twitter account. She'll post her drawings there for the fans.

Edit2: Welp, not sure how that happened but apologies for the double post. Have some Fubuki.
https://twitter.com/shirakamifubuki/status/1313280716981977088?s=20

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 6, 2020

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Revolver Bunker posted:

I would check Ina's twitter account. She'll post her drawings there for the fans.

Edit: Welp this will teach me to read faster next time.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Jerkface posted:

She is also a self taught artist which is also :psyduck: She just got the good good talent, to be able to work as fast as she does.

If her superchats and twitter replies are any evidence she's inspired a lot of people to get back or start drawing themselves. I haven't drawn anything in over a decade and I feel inspired to start up again. She's crazy good but also is very willing to give advice.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Yeah this is one of the scariest intersections of ideology I've seen so far. On the one hand, you have obsessive vtuber fan nerds, on the other you have the insane chinese nationalism that even the actual chinese government is very wary of.

I'm glad that so far all they've done is take things off of bilibili, tbh. I would not be surprised to hear about a chinese nationalist showing up outside coco's apartment with a knife or some wild poo poo like that.

Thankfully the exact location of Holohouse is still a mystery. But over the past week and a half its been an interesting field of battle that Twitter has become. Lots of chinese nationalist/antis creating large quantities of dummy accounts either via vpn or abusing in game twitter links (ie: Grand Blue Fantasy, Monster Strike, etc) and then hashtag bombing Coco's art/content tags with a wide assortment of things. From bad photoshops, death threats, bible quotes, sun tzu quotes, adult images, weird anti power fantasies, Chinese proverbs that don't translate well into any other language, to now fan art of Gura. On the other side are Coco/Haaton/Hololive fans on Twitter/Reddit/4ch going through and mass reporting the spam to Twitter. From a birds eye perspective its interesting seeing the power dynamic of each day and the shift in tactics and counter tactics as each side fights it out. Even if Cover isn't officially saying anything to the anti/nationalist the rest of the fan base has largely expressed their stance on the whole topic.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Waffleman_ posted:

Probably a bid to get some strife going within so people blame Gura even though the antis already said it was worthless to target the ENs?

Its even more dumb then that. Its the same narrative as pitting Coco against the older gens but in reverse. They hope that by showing Gura pictures and praising her success it will somehow spark despair and sadness in Coco over not having the same level of growth and popularity as the shark.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Jerkface posted:

You can compare Ina's professional pixiv with Ui and Tamaki

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/1931249/artworks
https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/431873/artworks

They are all pretty good anime style artists operating in the same kinda genre sphere. I'd like to see off-genre works from them. I'll say Ina is fast as gently caress so thats a definition "pro" in her favor.

In Ina's RTA drawing stream she mentions debating on starting up a Pixiv account for her art. I think it would be a nice repository for her stream creations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Brunom1 posted:

As I recall (could be wrong), Marine wanted to follow a career in manga, but decided against it and became an office lady for a few years, before she finally turned 17 years old and decided to be a pirate cosplayer instead.

I can't remember if it was in Marine's stream or one of Tamaki's interviews but Marine stated that while she's good at drawing she's not particularly fast at it and would not be able to meet the deadlines needed to be serialized. It sounded like she wanted to do the weekly stuff but I wonder if she would do well with the monthly publications instead.

On a side note Fubuki is also pretty good at drawing and her latest birthday merchandise has a tea cup with art drawn by her printed on it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Sindai posted:

*Scrolls down to see next step is called "learn the correct tonguing technique."*

"Oh no."

She mentioned audio girth and chat giggled like school kids so you know what's going to happen.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Sindai posted:

It turns out Kiara's true selling point is being able to rage in three languages simultaneously.

Are there any VTubers that actually do well when having a Listener Versus on Mario Kart? It seems like most of the VODs or streams I see the streamers are sub 6th place.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Reallycoolname posted:

As far as semiobscure vtubers goes one of my favourite is Camomi Camomi, virtual artist. She is very, very good at painting (and also obscenely fast):

Even if you don't understand Japanese, if you're into painting / drawing at all you can learn a ton by watching her work. She also has her own (very good!) brush set on Clip Studio, which she uses almost exclusively in all of her drawings.

I'm always down for comfy art streams. Thanks for the recommendation.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Onean posted:

The first half of this is just a series of unrelated clips, but the last half is all related and really wholesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeoUrrp0TCs

Edit:
Pikamee and Hana are playing Phasmophobia, a co-op horror game, and it's going well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHgyfRGw04

From a couple pages back. Thanks for posting the Nijisanji compilation video. I'm still trying to go through them all to see which ones I want to follow. The summer festival firework part at the end was really well editted. Also the amount of work that must have been put into setting up a few minute long firework show must have been immense.

I'm hopeful that we'll see some good changes from Cover/Hololive as 2021 rolls through. As bad as it currently is with the anti drama and such it has at least finally gotten the upper execs at Cover to recognize that more needs to be done for their Hololive branch. HoloEN further supports it. In an interview with ANN I believe Yagoo stated that Hololive had around 80 employees and I think that is including the streams. Which is a really small company if almost half your employees are your talents. In the same interview he stated that they were working on revamping their manager system and hiring more staff. Hopefully this also means a stronger legal and PR team.

The other thing that I'm not sure if its my memory or not but on Yagoo's twitter it no longer lists Hololive as a idol VTuber company but rather that they provide the most advanced virtual entertainment experience. Maybe that means that they'll transition away from idols being the main defining factor.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

trucutru posted:

The faceplates write themselves.

Regular Peko / Smug Peko / The consequences of my actions

Regular Marine / Sleeping Baba / I am horny (Comes with Aqua's R18 doujin prop)

And so on.

Nendoroids take quite a while to actually get made. Based on the time frame of their other nendos its anywhere between 8 months to a year from promo art to prototype ready for preorder. And then from there its 3-6 months before they get released. I've had nendos that I've had preordered since march that aren't coming out until this fall/winter. My guess would be that Hololive's been working with Good Smile since last year/early this year to get these made and they've finally decided on a prototype to unveil. That said Good Smile will make bank when Matsuri, Aqua and Fubuki go up for preorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I mean its only fair. Fubuki has Mio-waifu, Matsuri-waifu, Watame-waifu and Flare-waifu already. Would this count as a tangential waifu?