Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
gonzaga disappointed me so many times, but i feel like this is the terrifying meme brazilian that's gonna make it happen :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Any fights outside of the main and comain people are interested in?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Kai Kara-France is fighting, he's a really fun Flyweight from New Zealand, kickboxing heavy action fighter. I would have said his opponent was kind of a nobody except he choked out Tim Elliott in his last outing. Brad Riddell is another one of the City Kickboxing boys who had a loving cracker of a fight last year against Jamie Mullarkey. Those two in particular I'll definitely be watching.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brown Paper Bag posted:

No.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brown Paper Bag posted:

DIEGO MOTHERFUCKING SANCHEZ

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Brad Riddell can be fun

https://twitter.com/DownwardElbow/status/1309677779022217217?s=19

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Memento posted:

Both main event fighters made weight, Costa is probably IV'ing his way back to being a balloon animal as I type this.

At weigh ins he looked like alot of fighters look after they rehydrate. I was surprised he's only like 1 or 2 inches shorter than Izzy considering how swole he always looks.

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
I remember when Holm was shook walking to the ring for the Rousey fight.

Dawodu is a pretty fun kickboxer iirc. Should be a decently entertaining main card

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
3 and a half hrs till the card starts. Izzy is going to steamroll Costa and it's the last we'll ever hear of him.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Nierbo posted:

3 and a half hrs till the card starts. Izzy is going to steamroll Costa and it's the last we'll ever hear of him.

Early prelims start in 30 minutes.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Are those on ESPN+?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Nierbo posted:

even if izzy wins that sounds very unlikely op. costa is really good.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Are those on ESPN+?

first 2 fights on fight pass, rest on espn+ and espn2

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Costa will beat Izzy. No skinnies. KoB.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
he's gonna feel costa's paunches on those skeeny reebs

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Costa is one of those guys I plan to enjoy while he's here because the second his chin starts to go it's gonna be a really awful decline.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GDT?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I didn't know if someone was making one but looks like I'm making one so here it is

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Costa with the belt would probably be pretty fun

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Brut posted:

first 2 fights on fight pass, rest on espn+ and espn2

Thanks. I usually don't watch prelims.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

just a reminder that ANIME IS REAL

https://twitter.com/R_Peck0628/status/1310078821941628928?s=20

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jones talking a lot of poo poo on Twitter about a dude he arguably lost to who just got annihilated by a generally not great but best of what they have left LHW

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I think Izzy has been training with this guy

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
he had a great answer in the post-fight conference, "why they lookin' at my titties?"

https://twitter.com/andthenhetweets/status/1310080207412322305

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Memento posted:

he had a great answer in the post-fight conference, "why they lookin' at my titties?"

Was the immediate follow up because one of them needs a training bra, due to the gyno?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Memento posted:

It says volumes to me that Costa ate Romera's offense for rounds and Izzy knocked him out.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Eh, many fighters lose their chin after facing extremely challenging hitters.

Look what happened to Condit and Lawler.

Shame about Reyes. He actually grew up in the same town I did. In the Embedded videos, him and his posse just bled High Desert hood rat energy.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
costa's memes weren't enough

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

smertrioslol posted:

It says volumes to me that Costa ate Romera's offense for rounds and Izzy knocked him out.

Lots of fighters have said it isn’t power that knocks you out, it’s speed accuracy and the surprise. What caught him was spectacularly accurate but at an extremely odd angle.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

It's the strike you don't see coming.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

the punches Izzy dropped Whittaker and Costa with were pretty similar, lean back left hooks that caught them both reaching and awkwardly positioned, just real slick poo poo

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Forceholy posted:

Eh, many fighters lose their chin after facing extremely challenging hitters.

Look what happened to Condit and Lawler.

Shame about Reyes. He actually grew up in the same town I did. In the Embedded videos, him and his posse just bled High Desert hood rat energy.

Costa's KO loss didnt come from a shot on the chin. It was a glancing shot on his temple that started the final flurry.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

"chin" is just a term for "apparent ability to absorb head strikes"

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

It seems to me that Izzy cuts like almost no weight, is that just me seeing him as scrawny or has anyone ever asked him about his weight cuts?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kensei posted:

It seems to me that Izzy cuts like almost no weight, is that just me seeing him as scrawny or has anyone ever asked him about his weight cuts?

I wanna say he mentioned he doesnt really bulk up too much between fights in a JRE interview.

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..
Thin Lizzy’s tit should be an automatic 2 year usada suspension

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mekchu posted:

I wanna say he mentioned he doesnt really bulk up too much between fights in a JRE interview.

I wonder if he could make 170.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

There’s that video of Izzy and Hooker sparring, where the middleweight doesn’t look that much bigger than the lightweight.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

Mekchu posted:

Costa's KO loss didnt come from a shot on the chin. It was a glancing shot on his temple that started the final flurry.

CommonShore posted:

"chin" is just a term for "apparent ability to absorb head strikes"

For all of fatherdog's faults, he actually knew about the subject he was moderating.

Come on Mekchu! You're a good guy, step your game up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
where is fatherdog