Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It's crazy that they have the confidence to give Glover less than a month to recover and retrain. Even if he's not feeling sick at all, he shouldn't be training with anybody for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

CarlCX posted:

It makes more sense if you replace "confidence" with "sociopathic apathy"

:hmmyes:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

What is the minimum yall think the UFC would allow between date of 2nd confirmation test and a fight, 2 weeks?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Id assume once you test negative you're good to go?

Reasonable— wonder what the test frequency is after a confirmed positive. Not daily, right?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Though we did have a fight sports newbie question thread until recently. Maybe that can just be updated.

I think it still works. Just doesn’t have much newbie traffic:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386280

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jones/Reem would be a good fight.

Might be a bit low action. Reem has no way to build range offense on Jones. In the clinch, he might have the strength and experience to outwork Jones.
But I'd see it as a plodding, point-scoring fight for Jones.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Augusto Sakai had more wins, main card appearances and finishes than gsp did before his first title shot, and that wasn't a problem then, but they still manage now to make people go "who?" because they never put the spotlight on new talent.
Sakai doesn’t have perry pantastic body.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Overeem could kick him in the legs and that would be enough range offense to fluster Jones.

I dunno, I see a lot of knee sidekicks and warding snap kicks from Jones on any HW. Maybe Reem has a better gauge on Jones’ overall game from training in ABQ with them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

With Costa looking fairly natty back there.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm now remember how after each Brock Lesnar fight, cortXbomb would do a fight recap using only pro wrestling terms, like knuckle arrow for punch.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Suppose it's different with body shots.

A lot of body shots you could also completely recover from in 7 minutes, especially if it was a liver shot and there was minimal contusion to your muscles.
If you get badly concussed, that poo poo'll stick to you.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Is that from Poirier’s wanting more money getting Dana mad?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I think Bellator gives you a pretty good idea of how well the idea works.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

*googles for ashkenazi jews*
*gets relevant wikipedia article*

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Replace the entrance walk stats with hottest takes from their social media.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

This is now a series, following that video of making the Yas chefs clone some Taco Bell burrito.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I don’t think it’s ever that exacerbated for elite tier fighters. You can absolutely get into hesitation mode with throwing strikes, but your opponent will 95% of the time offer some offense to which you need to minimally respond. You just don’t get clear cut moments where your technique clearly fails in isolation.

e:
All I can think about is how Jon Jones would mock McGregor for being mentally weak once he gets inte his next bender Twitter frenzy.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 20, 2020

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Would have to be when Usman beat his rear end.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

nordichammer posted:

woooooOOOOOOOooooosssshhhh

Read your user name as nordic channer.

EthanSteele posted:

It's always guys "pretending" to be awful MAGA dipshits and never anything else. Weird.

I’ll give credit to Colby for actually being a gimmick if from here on out if he’s starts marking for AOC 2024, and no less. Until then, full time racist.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Now the question is, will anyone listen to the whole podcast and transcribe it here so we can see if his position of "you have to hand it to sorry hitler" is dumb or not.

I am certainly not. I'm not interested in listening to a 4 HOUR LONG podcast about social media and debating with noted UFC nothingness "Ryan Hall" to see if his position on hitler being sorry for genocide is good or bad.

Is Lex Fridman one of those podcasters who you can write off by name alone, like wherever Lowtax went to explain his side of the story?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1308156801037279235?s=20
the TUF 1 reunion years in the making, now with added weirdness because it's Diego Sanchez

What was Bonnar's BAC during that sighting?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Georges did get bigger (and presumably trained more) as his career progressed. He never looked insane like Costa, though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

It’s weird that he’s thirsting to fight Diego and Gaejthe in the same breath. Also, Dana can’t shake the “kid” Bostonism.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

There are some real shitheads replying

They giving her poo poo about Bolsonaro?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

costa's memes weren't enough

Israel couldn't manage the right PCT following that gender swap meme.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

After some mulling, I've decided it'd be funnier if Costa popped for this fight and Izzy on the next.
Instead of Adesanya getting busted right away.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Stealth Tiger posted:

e. also the funniest outcome would be Israel testing positive against poor innocent Paulo Costa
No way, Izzy taking out the top 10 and then popping would be funnier.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Could Israel Adesanya beat Jon Jones?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

nordichammer posted: