Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TKZ really wanted to turn that conversation to Overeem’s dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

chaleski posted:

imo it should be on the UFC to step in and tell him to heal up while the fight gets put on the back burner

As long as the UFC is allowing these guys to back out without repercussions I’m not sure what the problem is? People take fights on short notice all the time, and I’m sure the fighters actually want to be involved in the fights.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I think the UFC threads, as they currently stand, would be open to hypothetical new posters and have informative OPs that could bring new posters up to speed. Im pretty sure I’m the only recent regular new poster to the MMA threads and I never felt like I was breaking into any clique or anything.

I’m not sure what else could be done for the OPs except to post the Wikipedia articles for the MMA rules and uh how Muai Thai, wrestling, bjj, and boxing work? There’s already a lot of useful info in the OPs.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Colby’s never going to shut up about the photo op he got with trump.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

BrotherJayne posted:

I was waiting for USADA man to start screaming and giving off smoke when he entered Costa's gym

https://twitter.com/Bhutchoy_020/status/1305345251352211456?s=20

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’m actually excited about Saturday’s card, which I haven’t been able to say in a while.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

beep by grandpa posted:

wats everyone hate Ortega for again

He slapped TKZ’s friend or something and its also de rigueur to hate on people affiliated with the gracies.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I don’t really follow Bellator but I looked at Chandler’s wiki page and it looks like he’s immediately going to get dismantled any top UFC LW?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
E: wrong thread

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

It could still happen for him. Colby’s schtick and rise to contention are still relatively new. I have to say I was more excited for the fights than I usually am for the chance that he might get his face smashed.

Also this was the best summary of last nights main event

sportsgenius86 posted:

Woodley looks like he was captured and forced to do this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Every part of this makes you seem delusional. Especially the part where 40 year old Tyron Woodley beats a fighter known for a high pace.

I mean, I was well on record going in saying that Colby was going to beat Woodley, but wanting to see Colby’s face get smashed in isn’t the craziest thing I think he world. Plus Woodley would have had a punchers chance if he had actually tried punching.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 20, 2020

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is a weird way to say you're racist. Especially dumb to say it's fake as if that excuses it.

I’m very concerned that you don’t know what racism is.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1308092979652034563

nothing's changing, so look forward to Woodley getting cut from the UFC after losing a tepid decision to Michael Chiesa after which he will go to Bellator and lose a tepid decision to Kyle Crutchmer

edit: also if it really needs to be said, Colby is a piece of poo poo and if he truly doesn't believe in his own bullshit it just makes it more abhorrent

So like uhhh what’s his plan? I’ve now watched his corner tell him he needs to get off the fence and throw punches for three fights now and watched him respond by leaning on the fence and not throwing punches. What does he expect to change?

Going to Bellator would probably be good for him though, since he apparently blew all this money.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao nothing he says after “Hitler did some good things” makes any sense. It’s like he realize that he had made a huge mistake mid statement and tried and failed to put words together after that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

leftist heap posted:

Man from sport(s) in which nobody has ever been cancelled in any real way, not even the many, many people who would deserve it, complains about cancel culture.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Forceholy posted:

In fact, I can't think of any leftist athletes in general.

Football and basketball players tend to be left leaning.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

beep by grandpa posted:

Who are the gamers

Stipe
Angie Hill
Megan Anderson
Mighty Mouse
Max Holloway

I’ve never seen Izzy talk about gaming but he is most definitely a gamer.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Foul Fowl posted:

the ufc in general operates on ice cold capitalist principles, literally destroying their workers' (sorry, independent contractors) bodies and brains for around 10% of the profit that the company generates. it's also an individual sport that requires a delusional level of self-belief to succeed so until someone very successful is willing to step away from a lot of money to organize i don't think it's gonna change.

Im always surprised at how little UFC pays out if only because they will want to portray the business as making a lot of money for the fighters to keep people involved in MMA. Seeing main card fighters tweet about how they have legitimately no money doesn’t exactly attract people to start MMA training.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JaySB posted:

If you really wanna make Colby fans mad (he has fans?) call him boring. Their reaction is priceless.

Colby has fans?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

He also said no one in the top 10 would fight him, so that narrows it down if true. My guess would be Pettis since he would be a name for a main event.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jerusalem posted:

But Conor said he was retired (while remaining in the USADA testing pool). Did.... did Conor McGregor tell a falsehood? :ohdear:

He just announced he’s going to box pacquiao so

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Any fights outside of the main and comain people are interested in?

No.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Costa will beat Izzy. No skinnies. KoB.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

USADA came, duh.

And the penalties for missing weight are fine as they are. The focus should be on stopping the stupid cuts.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

It’d have to be a handicap match with him and Rockhold against Izzy to be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Joey McChrist posted:

izzy would hit him so hard he'd be pooping in a trash can for the rest of his life

Why a trash can?