Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I was expecting skinny Seagal pictures for the lighter weight divisions, like “Above the Law” era. Then you could move on to “On Deadly Ground” and after that you’re in LHW or HW. But all fat all the time is good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Memento posted:

Great OP. Just missed the best Steven Seagal work of all.

gently caress you, Bert

Steven Seagal’s music is rivaled only by Macho Man’s rap. You picked the best example, though. I can tell you’re a true fan.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Really glad to see this is now the Seagal thread. Some friends and I went through a phase where we would go to Blockbuster and rent whatever new direct to DVD Seagal movie had the best cover. As stated by Cum Town, it really is amazing how little he wants to move and speak on camera, including during his awkward sex scenes with women.

His earlier action movies are pretty entertaining for different reasons. He was able to showcase a different style of movie combat and do cool poo poo like storming a voodoo Rastafarian gang’s drug compound with a high school coach.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 3, 2020

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I hate him so much but even I have to agree he wasn't the worst part about Machete

It could never live up to the original fake trailer. Such a shame that even the reused lines/scenes in the movie were worse than those in the trailer.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Memento posted:

I think he beats Wonderboy pretty soundly

How do you see it playing out?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Memento posted:

Edwards vs Wonderboy analysis

Thanks for the breakdown.

I wonder if they’ll give Thompson another title shot if he wins. Who else would there even be at welterweight?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lmao

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

rideANDxORdie posted:

IDK if anyone still cares or is on the fence but they added commercials to the in-game fights in UFC 4, which they added post-review phase so it's not in any coverage

CarlCX posted:

not only did they do this, but because there's a big contingent of the fanbase that hates the new game and is sticking to UFC 3, they patched them into the going-on-three-years-old UFC 3 too

drat, now :capitalism:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Can’t wait to see a hobo-like GSP ground and pounding meth heads in Streetbeefs.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

amenbrotep posted:

GSP-Koschek from memory was decent but mostly I just recall the bit with Skarbowsky. The first season is very definitely from the 2000s but it's entertaining and introduces a lot of names that still get thrown around quite bit. I've seen a few other seasons but those are the ones that come to mind, the rest kinda blur together tbh

Mostly agree with this. A lot of seasons are typical (boring) reality show poo poo, with a few highlights. The GSP season also has Cody McKenzie, though. I’d recommend it.
I think the 4th(?) season, The Comeback, is pretty popular. The one where Matt Serra is a competitor and has Shonie Carter as a teammate. Also recommended.
Season 10: Heavyweights was supposedly the season with the highest ratings. Kimbo Slice, Roy Nelson pissing off Dana White, gas outs, and America’s sweetheart Brendan Schaub.
The season with Rampage has some decent moments. The bantamweight season with TJ competing has some good fights iirc.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Chael was a very good coach. I think even Tito looked good on his season, especially since Ken Shamrock seemed like he didn’t give a poo poo about his team. Who knows, though? Reality television.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Don’t forget her jumping and galloping around the octagon like a drunk horse

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Poirier’s saying he and the UFC can’t come to terms on the Ferguson fight. As awesome as that fight would be, it’d be great if Tony took some more time to recover and (hopefully) get the next title shot. How long must I wait?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Still chuckling about the "Ronda would beat Floyd in a boxing match" stuff.

Was that a thing? I thought it was that she would beat him in a fight, not boxing.

And Joe Rogan crying and saying she’s a “once ever in history” kind of athlete.

And Ronda making GBS threads in the woods, saying everyone turned against her.

And marrying Travis Browne, after dating Brendan Schaub.

Her life has certainly had some hard shifts.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

That's where things get a bit muddy. I don't think anyone seriously said she could beat Floyd in boxing but there was lots of talk of, "Does Rousey conquer boxing next?"

Which lol

Someone please post the GIF of her shadow boxing

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I was thinking of this one. Thanks for your service.

I feel bad for her, but she really didn’t seem to handle her losses and retirement well.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

piratepilates posted:

Holly Holm sucks. She figured out Ronda, and that was the absolute peak of her career. I have got no love for the Preacher's Daughter

Well just wait until she gets her 10th title shot in 2022, bub

(I also do not wish to watch another Holly Holm fight or interview ever)

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Poirier should legitimately go to Bellator and get paid big money for beating up Bendo

Everybody wins, especially me. Make it happen, Coker.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Alaois posted:

angela hill talks a lot of poo poo for someone who's 12-9

I’m not constantly monitoring the Twittersphere, but the impression I get is that she doesn’t go hard on people unless it’s a comeback to some poo poo they initiated.

Like the Gadelha tweet and the goblin who insulted her stream.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Lazy breakdown for this weekend's card Fight Night Woodley vs Covington

Very un-lazy, thanks for the effort post. I didn’t realize how solid the card looked.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Flaskraven posted:

Ferguson is a bigger Holloway

They both have tattoos I guess

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

No matter the outcome, Woodley should retire.

If he wins, it’s a high note he’s probably not going to hit again.

If he loses, it’ll be his third in a row where he’s been dominated while doing very little (assuming Colby does his grind thing while Woodley does his back up and do nothing thing).

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Faustian Bargain posted:

Woodley was exactly right about him in the hype video, but too bad he didn't do anything the whole fight and yet Colby couldn't finish.

Woodley was finished, in fact. For the first time in a long time. By the MAGA Man.

I know what you’re saying, though.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

I'd like to see him fight RDA

Can’t we give RDA a break? drat.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

There’s that video of Izzy and Hooker sparring, where the middleweight doesn’t look that much bigger than the lightweight.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Everyone except my favorite fighters, duh

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

At least Costa is better at taking steroids. He has pecs, not tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Imagining Izzy hitting himself after vowing to revenge slap the first roider he sees.

Which of Jon’s hobbies could Adesanya denigrate?
Running (away from the scene of an accident)?
Shooting (guns in public)?
Science (effects of cocaine and turinabol)?
All cooler than anime.