Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

RE: TUF, GSP/koscheck and the heavyweights season are prob the most entertaining.

The season with junie browning was something (reality tv + mental illness). I liked the season with pretty boy Mike Ricci too (carwin vs nelson) - it has the "let me bang bro" moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nystral posted:

Who were the best coaches on TUF?

Big Nog treated his made up reality show team as his family which was pretty amazing to see.

Chael was drat good, esp with terrifying but meek Uriah Hall on his team.

I'd say Tito wasn't very good. I think it was the season he stuck thru to the end that he took a guy who just lost his fight and tried to make him train the escape that would've saved him or something, it was awful to watch

mewse
May 2, 2006

Don't remember what season but Jesse Taylor kicking out the window of a limo after he clinched a spot in the finals and the reality show part was over

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

half of them look like they're covered in cum stains.

No, look, we had an intern spend 20 minutes googling what sort of pattern would hide sweat+blood and it's just a MASSIVE COINCIDENCE the pattern looks like dried cum

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I think Bethe's legacy should be that she shows just how easy it can be for the UFC to promote a fighter if they have literally anything to work with and even try a little.

Bethe took boxercize level striking, a little victory dance, and a poorly defined "killing the 4 horsewomen" storyline built on a decision win over Jessamyn Duke and they spun that into 900,000 pay-per-view buys.

They can do this poo poo when they try!

I think WME fired half the hype machine when they took over. UFC used to have guerilla/viral college aged ppl making meme videos and stuff, I think most of that is gone now just from what I see from the outside

mewse
May 2, 2006

Not very smart of him to do crimes outside of ireland

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Even though the Herman fight was an error, if your opponent can take a breather and then come back 7 minutes later to submit you maybe you didn't really have him out of the fight.

... what? 7 minutes is enough to completely reset the momentum of the fight

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mekchu posted:

I'm sorry for importing politics into the thread but can we all just laugh at how dumb this would be?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-joe-rogan-experience-podcast-moderate-debates-b438422.html

Imagining a presidential debate with the same tone as the ufc on fox announcement just makes me laugh

mewse
May 2, 2006

If he doesn't get paid for that I just feel sad for him?? I.. don't think that's how this is supposed to work

mewse
May 2, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

So we can all feel a little better
https://streamja.com/M6Oe

:allears:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bonnar might be Diego's dad

mewse
May 2, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol at Dana saying he should lose his license for that fight

Yeah I cracked up too

mewse
May 2, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

He's not wrong

also lol at people yelling twist his dick at the fighters

It’s an internet meme. Somebody post the meme for this guy

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Oh Askren is a deep chud. I followed him on twitter for a while and it was intolerable.

e. Think Tim Kennedy without the PTSD and psychosis

Look, Tim Kennedy is a hero and he will remind you every five seconds of that fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

TheTofuShop posted:

Esther Lin announced today shes leaving mmafighting as a photographer, as she hasnt shot a live event since March.

This sucks. Shes the absolute best.

That does suck, but good for her to recognize it's time to find something else. It sounds like her job during the pandemic has been to moderate youtube comments which is like, sheesh