Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
:patssay: Tom Brady was beaten by the Titans on January 4, 2020.:patssay:

The American Football Conference – Southern Division or AFC South is one of the four divisions of the American Football Conference (AFC) in the National Football League (NFL). It was created before the 2002 season when the league realigned divisions after expanding to 32 teams. Since its creation, the division has had the same four members: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Tennessee Titans.

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Derrick...Henry

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

NickRoweFillea posted:

Derrick...Henry

Hm, yes. But have you considered Ryan Tannehill?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I suppose we could use a bit of recap of the division last season.

Tom Brady was beaten by the Titans on January 4, 2020.

Yep, that about covers it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Big Jesus posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Big Jesus posted:

:hellyeah:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Big Jesus posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bigger Boat posted:

Yeah, I've posted this a few times but thanks for formatting as a chart.

It gets even more fun when you start listing names of guys who were still on the board that they passed on. I've posted it somewhere here but it includes (off the top of my head): Desean Watson, JJ WAtt, Patt Mahomes, Kahlil Mack, Russel Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Zach Ertz and I believe Travis Kelcey.

Speaking of tight ends, the Jaguars in their entire history have never HAD a good one nor shown the ability to cover one. It's something of a meme around here how opposing TE's eat us alive and we've never even had a decent one.

It's cheating to include guys not taken in the first

And Lamar went 32 overall so just about every team passed on him as well

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Drafting a dlineman over lamar deserves ridicule

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

The Big Jesus posted:

I suppose we could use a bit of recap of the division last season.

Yep, that about covers it.

Big truss

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Just want to carry over the Jaguars negativity into the new thread. Someone mentioned the Redskins being worse in the last one, but they've got 11 more wins over the same span and three times as many winning seasons.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The jaguars have a plan but the fact that they couldn’t get anything for fournette is loving hilarious. Good work poisoning the well permanently Tom coughlin!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
They are worse in the sense they ruined their potential superstar qbs career and nearly killed Alex Smith and all the dan snyder stuff but yeah on the field they are better.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
If anybody has anything they want added to the OP let me know

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/MadeByTim/status/1300416506942181376

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

After this season that list will likely be down to just Linder, Lambo, and Jack, assuming the management manages to avoid burning any more bridges. And out of that (short) list its probably just Lambo who's been worth what they're paid. Glad we re-upped Jack instead of Yann and are now paying him MLB/"QB of the defense" money to be not that.

Missed Robinson, he'll probably still be around too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

But you know who they do have?

doo doo doo doo doo

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Teva posted:

Just want to carry over the Jaguars negativity into the new thread. Someone mentioned the Redskins being worse in the last one, but they've got 11 more wins over the same span and three times as many winning seasons.

Who are The Redskins?

Never heard of them

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1295750062455300096?s=19

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

It's cheating to include guys not taken in the first

Not really, IMO, but Ok.

Like I said, I was rattling names off the top of my head and, still, we're looking at a franchise currently tanking for the draft that has that drafted in the top loving five for an entire decade and whiffing on pretty much all of them. Even the ones they landed on are not even on the team anymore. You almost have to go out of your way to gently caress that up that badly and now they received NOTHING for Fournette, a # 3 first round pick. Plus, a lot of unconventional picks have been taken in the top 5 so, to me, it doesn't really matter how many other teams passed on players that were right there or didn't have to dealt up for (which the Jags did for Gabbert and Fowler).

Also, I don't consider it "cheating when, if you're picking in the top 5 in the 1st round, you're ALSO picking that high in the second so...Kap and Desean were still there.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

DJ Chark doo doo doo doo doo doo

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

The Big Jesus posted:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
J.J. Watt might be a co-owner of Real Salt Lake soon, which is interesting.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Dude, are you OK?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Prediction: the Titans don't go 9-7 this season

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Who are The Redskins?

Never heard of them

Silly of me to mess that up when my wife is a fan of the Washington Football Team, apologies. Regardless, they've done much better over the last decade then the Jaguars, and it's sad to say that about a team Dan Snyder is involved with.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
go tits

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, I don't consider it "cheating when, if you're picking in the top 5 in the 1st round, you're ALSO picking that high in the second so...Kap and Desean were still there.

I think you're confused about where Deshaun went unless you meant Russ

Either way no one is going to deny the Jaguars are very bad at evaluating talent and have been for a stunningly long time

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Free deshaun watson. Just don’t let him go to the Steelers please

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Free deshaun watson. Just don’t let him go to the Steelers please

Deshaun Watson will be the 2021 New England patriots starting QB

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Watson can come to Indy and we won't make him ride a bus to games for fear of death. We've only broken 1 QB.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Two

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
This year sucks and my team is pre-emptively making GBS threads the bed so what the gently caress ever, I guess.

EDIT: I'm used to them being bad, but I tend to have a positive outlook until they trip over their own shriveled dicks, but this year especially has taken a big corny poo poo on things. Not just them, just 2020 in general.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

The Big Jesus posted:

...and ended his career as a Patriot with an interception.

Let’s not forget that gift to the world.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

winter.mute posted:

...and ended his career as a Patriot with an interception a pick six.

Let’s not forget that gift to the world.

ftfy

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 2, 2020

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Manning was injured by a moderately dirty hit. Not by letting him take 100 shots per game until his will to live died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gjdmww3vgM

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Officially melting down after giving away Harrison for a 5th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Teva posted:

Officially melting down after giving away Harrison for a 5th.

Dude's cap hit was less than $1M? https://overthecap.com/player/ronnie-harrison/6978/

Like... I could see it being a savvy business move to cut liabilities and sell off your NFL team right now. Sell out before the suckers that could buy realize we won't have people in the stadium here for years with COVID going around and the city being full of extremely dumb Republicans that won't get vaccinated.

But this dude?