Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Athanatos posted:

It's not a kings bounty, but I still don't want to watch Wentz play football. He seems like a not good baby.

You will see him less then when he was in the NFC East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts can absorb the cap hit too, or rework it if the want. This is the next best realistic thing after missing on Stafford.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I don't really like it but I'm not sure what I would, aside from Luck magically deciding to play football again.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Wentz is basically useless but the Colts didn't get fleeced taking a flyer on him so I can't really drag this trade that much

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The colts having a bad qb is good imho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1362531888825573379?s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Is Corey Davis any good?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

AndrewP posted:

Is Corey Davis any good?
he is maddeningly inconsistent. one game he'll get you 10 catches for 100+ yards and then you won't hear his name for the next 3

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

AndrewP posted:

Is Corey Davis any good?

Yes but he is not a #1 Wide Receiver. Here are my observations from him

He is big and strong but only possesses average speed for a WR. Until this season he didn’t have a lot of big plays. He has good hands. Drops were a bit of an issue this year and he seemed to imply it was mostly a mental thing (his brother died of cancer and he was out with covid also).

He’s an excellent blocker. He is best on intermediate routes where he can use his size to his advantage. He has been inconsistently targeted in Tennessee; mariota tried to feed him a lot early on and tannehill didn’t have time to really develop much of a rapport with him until this season. AJ Brown is the focal point of our passing game and he gets the lions share of the targets with the tight ends being more of a go to early on before our injuries at LT took them into a more blocking focused role.

End of the day if you’re trying to have him be The Guy he doesn’t really have one specific thing that jumps out. BUT He isn’t bad at anything. He would be a great match across from Hollywood brown because he is a legit enough threat that defenses won’t be able to sell out to stop one dude.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Interesting thanks. He sounds like a better Miles Boykin, especially with the blocking (which is no small thing in the Baltimore offense, he’d be asked to do it a lot).

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Cross posting in light of the Wentz trade and since Jags draft #1

I heard this on the radio and had to go check it out.

From 2009 thru 2016 (Stafford taken #1 to Goff), how many of the QB's drafted in the first two rounds are still with their original teams?

zero

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken here.

Also, Colts better swing trade fast with Chicago and bring in Foles as a backup.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 19, 2021

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

From 2009 thru 2016 (Stafford taken #1 to Goff), how many of the QB's drafted in the first two rounds are still with their original teams?

zero

Also, Colts better swing trade fast with Chicago and bring in Foles as a backup.

Nah, we resign Brissett to be the designated celebration guy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

zero

Derek Carr

It's zero if you restrict it to first round though

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Derek Carr

It's zero if you restrict it to first round though

I mean, if you go by any QB drafted, it's still only Carr, Wilson, and Prescott. That's kinda nuts.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eh not that nuts really. How many starting QBs are in the league that were taken outside of the first two rounds? Brady, Wilson, Cousins, Minshew (who's about to be replaced by the #1 overall), I guess Heinecke if he ends up starting?

Is Taysom Hill going to be the starter?

e: Oh Dak was a 4th, for some reason I thought he was a 2nd

Anyway Wilson and Brady are the only elite QBs still in the league who were taken outside of the first two rounds unless I'm missing someone and Brady was drafted 20 years ago

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 20, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I think Carson wentz sucks forever and will continue sucking but the picks aren’t a big deal. The money involved is what would bother me as a colts fan

the Colts have plenty of cap room, I think around $50m after the Wentz trade. if he sucks, you can get rid of him after this season for $15m dead cap (or 7.5 over 22/23). if he pans out you have a franchise QB on $22-25 per year which is a very team friendly deal

first round picks are a bigger deal because you can use them to get very good players; either a chance at them through drafting or more of a sure thing through trading. you shouldn’t use them to purposely acquire mediocre players

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The colts paid the combo of Brissett and Rivers 40 million last year. They got cap.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Let's check in on the Titans, shall we? Division winner but one riding an aging runningback, might have hit the ceiling of what their roster is capable of. But I'm sure with better performances from young players like their first round pick from last season Isaiah Wilson, they'll take a step forward---https://twitter.com/JeffRisdon/status/1364032501182832643Ah. Well. Regardless.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
In hindsight drafting somebody who is nicknamed Lazy is probably a bad move.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What’s going on with Isaiah?

Did the FO dick him around or what?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Where to begin?

Cited for trespassing before preseason, a DWI, two trips to the Covid-19 list, and apparently he’s trying to become a rapper now.

So mostly his fault on all counts which rules.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

RIP

The candle that burns twice as bright...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

after all these years JJ was finally right, the titans needed guys who put Football First

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
a completely wasted 1st round pick, you love to see it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Demon Of The Fall posted:

a completely wasted 1st round pick, you love to see it

Right up there with Corey Davis IMHO

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Corey Davis is really good please stop sulking in your diaper over him

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I made that post knowing you would get a radar ping and run to the AwfulApp with your tongue flapping out of the side of your mouth. Big jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You son of a bitch you caught me on the toilet if you do that again I'll not only wipe my rear end but kick yours

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Metapod all pinchwalking back to his outhouse because he got a Poku notification. Incredible level of dedication to posting

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm a professional I walk on my hands so gravity becomes my ally in the fight

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It sounds like you might actually be the pig who poop on he own balls.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ah an amateur in bowel control

nah
Mar 16, 2009

1st rounders not even being on the same team before the next draft is hilarious. It’s a short list but a funny one

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hell yeah

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

DJ Chark doo doo doo doo doo doo

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'd like to say goodbye to all the new Cardinals fans.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

I'd like to say goodbye to all the new Cardinals fans.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Just take Watson too to reunite the trifecta in Arizona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Watson and next year's first for Kyler