Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hawley-Smoot Tariff posted:

Michael Strahan’s sack record is illegitimate, gifted by the coward Brett Favre.

It makes up for the fact that IIRC he didn’t get a single sack in the first 2 or 3 games of that season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Can Dallas fix their Red Zone Offense?

In 2016 and 2017 combined, Dallas was #2 in red zone efficiency! (% times they scored a td after reaching the red zone.)
In 2018 and 2019 combined, Dallas was #26 (oof)

In 2019
- Against the playoff teams, Dallas went 8 for 21 this season (38 percent), which is miles and miles below league average. In particular, the games where they were horrendous in the red zone: Green Bay (1 of 3), Minnesota (1 of 3), New England (0-2) and at Philadelphia (0-2). If Dallas wins one of those games, they probably go to the playoffs. Instead, they lost all four and went a combined 2 of 10 in the red zone at scoring touchdowns.
- The Cowboys’ frequency in the red zone was actually not a big problem; they ranked 10th overall. It is conversion which dropped to league average and only propped up against teams picking in the top 10.

The problem?
- The Cowboys ran the ball the fourth-most in the NFL in the red zone. They passed the ball the 29th-most in 2019.

Red Zone Zeke
-No player in the NFL had more red-zone carries in 2019 than Elliott.
-His 2.75 yards per carry in the red zone tied for 22nd-best among qualifying runners.
-39 of his 59 carries in the RZ were with seven or more defenders in the box.
-Predictably, when facing seven or more defenders, he sits at 2.41 yards per carry (2.36 NFL average). That is a 1/20th of a yard difference from any RB in the sport.

now, Let’s look at the 2016 Packers, the last Green Bay team in which Mike McCarthy had his starting QB for a full season:

https://twitter.com/SportsSturm/status/1301170995949117445

THOUGHTS? IS JASON GARRETT BAD AND DUMB

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

blarzgh posted:

THOUGHTS? IS JASON GARRETT BAD AND DUMB

But what if the players had simply just executed better?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

MD2020 posted:

But what if the players had simply just executed better?

In reality, it likely has a little bit to do with the loss of Dez Bryant and Jason Witten, and alot to do with becoming incredibly predictable in red-zone play calling, but the idea that player execution for whatever reason just dropped off the face of the earth in 2017/2019, while Dak's performance everywhere else on the field statistically improved, is not something thats supported by any evidence.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

I'm excited to see my Football Team go 4-12 this year (if we even have a full season). I'm also hoping that Dan Snyder gets fired into the loving sun.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I really don’t see why the Redskins would cut AP, even if they didn’t plan to immediately use him.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Dallas cut HaHa and IDK what their plan at Saftey is supposed to be other than Sign the Ghost of Earl Thomas??

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blarzgh posted:

Dallas cut HaHa and IDK what their plan at Saftey is supposed to be other than Sign the Ghost of Earl Thomas??

I think HaHa was just getting beat all camp

Dude may be toast

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

I think HaHa was just getting beat all camp

Dude may be toast

Likely true. Too bad they didn't have a starting caliber safety on their roster before the draft that they could have kept for a reasonable salary. AHEATHM<

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Some notable Eagles cuts

T: Prince Tega Wanogho
CB: Sidney Jones
CB: Rasul Douglas

Heard that Prince Tega was better than his draft slot and I'm wondering what must've been wrong when he was billed as being better than his draft slot and Philly has had some issues with OL. Had hoped Jones might work out but it's not like any of the DBs on the team have really shown much the past couple of years.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Who do we have left in the secondary now?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Who do we have left in the secondary now?

McLeod, Turf head, Maddox, and Slay are our starters. We also drafted some dude and Leblanc is with us. I’m upset Rasul was cut, tbh.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I said it in the last thread but it's really hitting home for me now. I just did the only fantasy football draft I'll do this year. It was the first time in five years I had done no real prep, first time in a long time I haven't had at least two leagues, I had no idea that the games were starting soon, I still right now don't know the giants first week matchup. the team is in just such a brutal loving place right now. I was a pretty huge fan for a long time--jeopardized a flight home and spent an ungodly amount of money last year to last-minute catch the giants play at Gillette--but there is just nothing loveable about this team right now. watching saquon play for this team is like watching Jesus of Nazareth work in a call center.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ghislaineof YOSPOS posted:

I said it in the last thread but it's really hitting home for me now. I just did the only fantasy football draft I'll do this year. It was the first time in five years I had done no real prep, first time in a long time I haven't had at least two leagues, I had no idea that the games were starting soon, I still right now don't know the giants first week matchup. the team is in just such a brutal loving place right now. I was a pretty huge fan for a long time--jeopardized a flight home and spent an ungodly amount of money last year to last-minute catch the giants play at Gillette--but there is just nothing loveable about this team right now. watching saquon play for this team is like watching Jesus of Nazareth work in a call center.

#SAME

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I just let the autodraft gods decide my fate this year

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ghislaineof YOSPOS posted:

I also did no prep and I expect the league has to cancel the season by week 4 or so.

It'll be an absolute shitshow up until then and I feel very conflicted about even watching it.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Captain Dickweed posted:

I'm excited to see my Football Team go 4-12 this year (if we even have a full season). I'm also hoping that Dan Snyder gets fired into the loving sun.

Dan Snyder is like herpes

we will never be rid of him the most we can hope for is to cosmetically cover up the sores

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

predicto posted:

Dan Snyder is like herpes

we will never be rid of him the most we can hope for is to cosmetically cover up the sores

I hold on to a small amount of hope that the league taking over the investigation will finally lead his demise as an owner.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Expired Vitamin posted:

I hold on to a small amount of hope that the league taking over the investigation will finally lead his demise as an owner.

This is a league where one of the owners just suppressed the video of him getting handjobs during his superbowl trips. Nobody is going to come down on Snyder for all the off the wall poo poo he has guilty of.

If an owner wants to take his highest paying customers on his yacht to view his cheerleaders taking topless photos out of fear of losing their jobs, the league wants to protect that.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Sickening posted:

This is a league where one of the owners just suppressed the video of him getting handjobs during his superbowl trips. Nobody is going to come down on Snyder for all the off the wall poo poo he has guilty of.

It's a very small amount of hope, admittedly. The shift in the investigation along with the rumors that the minority owners want him to sell may make it happen. I have no illusions an that the league actually found a conscience.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NFC east predictions

Cowboys 12-4
Giants 8-8
F. Team 6-10
Eagles 3-13

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
NFC east predictions

Cowboys 13-3
Eagles 8-8
F. Team 5-15
Giants 4-12

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Season predictions

Cowboys 2-2-1
Eagles 4-1 (Division winner)
F. Team 2-3
Giants 3-2 (wildcard)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hawley-Smoot Tariff posted:

Season predictions

Cowboys 2-2-1
Eagles 4-1 (Division winner)
F. Team 2-3
Giants 3-2 (wildcard)

Ooh, good one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cowboys: 19-0
Giants: Texa$
Eagles: 0-Eleventy
Football Team: 3

The cowboys will also win the pro bowl

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm almost more excited to watch the Jason Garrett piloted New York Football Giants offense than I am to watch how my favorite team does with fat mike.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
LOLOLOLOLOLO

https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/9/7/21426357/breaking-giants-to-release-cb-deadre-baker-news

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The charges were filed in May??? How did I miss this?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blarzgh posted:

I'm pretty surprised you missed this. There were a few players caught up in it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty surprised you missed this. There were a few players caught up in it.

Its been a weird year, I guess.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

It wasn't in a stat sheet

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Surprising it isn't, though, as gps ankle bracelets definitely cut down on your 40 time.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Doltos posted:

His arrest definitely made it to a stat sheet.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

That must be it. I should have been using "the eye test"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Surprising it isn't, though, as gps ankle bracelets definitely cut down on your 40 time.

Yeah but the loving on field metrics you get are great

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

NFC east predictions

Cowboys 12-4
Giants 8-8
F. Team 6-10
Eagles 3-13

Cowboys 10-6
Giants 8-8
F. Team 7-9
Eagles 5-11

I say this as a wentz thumper

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Eagles fans : 16-0
Giants fans : 12-4
Football Team fans : 9-7
Cowboys fans : [animated gif of Jerry Jones unhinging his jaw and eating a child]

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Cowboys 10-6
Giants 8-8
F. Team 7-9
Eagles 5-11

I say this as a wentz thumper

Hurts is definitely starting by December in this scenario

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

There is no way the F. Team wins 7 games and the Giants 8, both are incredibly bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

Eagles fans : 16-0
Giants fans : 12-4
Football Team fans : 9-7
Cowboys fans : [animated gif of Jerry Jones unhinging his jaw and eating a child]

Eagles 16-0, lose to the Giants in the divisional round as they win the Super Bowl with Danny Dimes winning MVP. :getin:

EDIT: Wait, I also forgot that in this scenario, Joe Judge got fired or arrested or who gives a gently caress, but Jason Garrett is now the head coach clappin’ it up on the sidelines.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 8, 2020