Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shinjobi posted:

THE COWBOYS WILL THROW A BALL WITHOUT JASON GARRETT'S DIRECT SUPERVISION

HALLELUJAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm almost more excited to watch the Jason Garrett piloted New York Football Giants offense than I am to watch how my favorite team does with fat mike.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blarzgh posted:

The charges were filed in May??? How did I miss this?

I'm pretty surprised you missed this. There were a few players caught up in it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Surprising it isn't, though, as gps ankle bracelets definitely cut down on your 40 time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

Is football this weekend ?

yes. college ball is on right now. some stands are basically full and no one is wearing a mask.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Looking on point so far

Giants won't be 8-8.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Going for it was the right call.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Going for it is generally the right move, but you still need to dial up better plays to account for the sieve of an Oline

The play they called was right as well. The tight end didn't run his route correctly and forced Lamb to run short of the line.

Playcalling, in general, needs to be better, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

See, what we really need is instant replay of OPI again because the cowboys win that game if that play is called correctly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Doltos posted:

What if the Giants do good on offense and the Cowboys do bad what will be the reason for that

A commercial yesterday told me it would be because of Saquon carrying the team on his Saquads.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Have you seen how Garrett has used every running back he has ever had? Saquon is gonna run a lot up the gut into loaded boxes this season.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Too bad most of it is going to involve him getting hit behind the LOS.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I agree. The Giant's misfortunes are hilarious.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: cowboys

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the NFCE is just so bad this year.

if you haven't seen, dallas fumbled 4 times in the first quarter and lost 3 of them and is down 20-0. one dude punched out three of them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Euphronius was right all along.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blarzgh posted:

Lost in all the insanity of yesterday's game, Dak Prescott was fuckign phenominal

450 yards. No picks. 1 passing TD and 3 rushing TDs. He had that one fumble early in the game where he was trying to shovel pass out of a sack. Outside of that, Dak played pretty much a perfect game.

I've been a Dak doubter for a long time. I still don't think he's as good as Romo, but he's definitely a good to great QB.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MD2020 posted:

Should have saved it for a different game, because the lasting image of this one is going to be three Falcons just watching that ball roll forever, lmao

Coworker doesn't watch much NFL (he's a NCAA fan). He hadn't seen the replay yet as a result, and asked me what happened. I explained that four Falcons just stood around and let a Dallas player fall on the ball after watching it roll 10 yards. Any one of them could have fallen on the ball or picked it up and ran with it, but they just stared at it. Still blows my mind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Doltos posted:

I just want Febreeze to admit that the Giants defense is actually good and Mitchell Trubisky did in fact not pass all over them.

Mitch historically throws for 209 y/g and averages 1.23 TD/g and 0.72 ints/g. Against the Giants he passed for 190 yards, 2 tds, and 2 ints.

I think it would be fair to say the Trubisky looked about how he always looks. If the giants defense was actually good, his stats would have been worse than he normally performs. At best the giants defense is not good, but they are equal to the average defense that Mitch has faced over his 43 game career.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Doltos posted:

Only in TFF can someone defend a 190 yds 2 ints 4 sack performance as passing all over a team, especially when one of the TDs came from a dump off.

I did not say that. I said the Giants defense right now is at best equal to the average defense Mitch has faced in his few years of starting. Mitch had his average game.

Since Mitch is a below average QB, letting him have his average game against you is not a strong definition of success.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Doltos posted:

Steelers defense gave up 279 yards, 2 tds, and 2 ints to Jones. He's a below average to bad QB. Steelers defense is widely considered a top 10 defense.

The Giants have a good defense. Field position and constant 3 and outs matter.

Jones averages 236 ypg, 1.7 td/g, and 1 int. The steelers put up a worst performance against the giants than the average opponent Jones has faced. We're only two games into the season, but they didn't look great against Jones (compared to his average performance) and gave up 21 points to the Broncos as well. Jones does not have a full season worth of starts yet, though, so his averages are probably not representative long term.

The Giants defensive performance yesterday was roughly the average defense that Mitch has faced over 53 games. As the Bears have been, not good, over that timeframe, they haven't exactly been slated against the best defenses in the league routinely. Your defense might look alright next week against a very injured 49ers team, but I think you're going to get blown out badly by the Rams in two weeks. Giants defense on the year is probably going to end up ranked around 18-20.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ball went around 50 yards in the air (from 18 yard line to 32 yard line) and Dak threw it knowing he was about to take a hit. It's a great pass and an amazing catch by cooper.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sarah Problem posted:

Still can’t stop laughing at that on side kick

:same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6JZDR8uTgY

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sickening posted:

Anyone wanting to fire the head coach at this point are loving stupid.

I think Lions fans might be justified.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I agree with the above posts as well.

Firing an NFCE coach right now may not be reasonable, but there are a number of teams where it should have already happened.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Game-Blouses posted:

What? Vick had a good 10 game-ish stretch when he initially came in and was pretty unremarkable outside of that.

we're talking best eagles QB of all time and 10 games of destroying teams is enough to qualify, imo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Doltos posted:

Freaking awful, FREAKING AWFUL

I know it sucks for you, but just think of the joy it brings to so many others.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dak on pace to pass for over 6000 yards and lose every time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

We're 1/4th of the way through the season and the NFCE race is tight with the leader only half a game up on two teams while the fourth is only one and a half games behind. Truly this is the halmark of a strong and competitive division!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Four weeks into the season, our division has three wins across it. I'm torn now between wanting to just forfeit our playoff spot to a team in another division who deserves it, and wanting to see one of us go full clownball in the playoffs and destroy the dreams of more deserving teams. Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure we're going to see a 7-9 division champion this year.

Three and a half wins!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

20 years ago the cowboys had a juggernaut defense year in and year out while starting everything from a ryan leaf to a clint stoener. I said to myself then I would give anything to have a competent offense. The monkey's finger index curled towards the paw and here we are today.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NUMBER ONE IN THE DIVISION!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m glad the jason garrett experience lives on.

Cowboys gonna lose tomorrow and still be in first place.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

axeil posted:

i mean let's be clear, the eagles should absolutely not be trading for talent or thinking they can go on a run. they're 1-3-1 and while they aren't as atrocious as people itt would have you think, they're definitely not good and could at best only hope for a first round playoff exit, so what's the point.

better to try and get more draft picks to replace all the absolutely ancient guys who are getting playing time.

They’ll only be a half a game out of the divisional title when the Cowboys lose tonight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

&e is real loving bad

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

axeil posted:

In both the Steelers and Ravens game they had the opportunity to win against a much superior team. Ravens and Steelers are I believe #3 and #1 in DVOA defense.

They also *did* play well for the first half of the WFT game and 2nd half of the Rams game.

I'm not arguing they're a 4-1 team masquerading as 1-3-1 but they're probably not bottom quarter of the league.

Then why are they in second place then behind the garbage rear end cowboys?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just had a thought that the winner of the nfce is the real loser this year cause they’re all picking top 10 record wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think zeke is probably the least of the cowboys' worries.