Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

indigi posted:

yeah sounds super blue collar. all the blue collar workers I know own 20k acres

The only people that really care about being blue collar, ain’t that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

PupsOfWar posted:

glad the packres are not paying $15 million/year for Justin James Watt

same. that was going to be too much badgers-packers crossover fandom for me to bear. im sure someone on here could speak more intelligently about it, but it doesn't seem like the Packers defense has much of an identity or the means to compliment JJ Watt's pass rush, even at this stage in his career. i thought he'd either go to a more established defense or the big bucks

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
They need help on the interior more.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

i mean it gives you a lot of access to credit

only the elite of us are eligible for the grocery membership card

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1366476698741522433

Offense is fixed baby

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

They need help on the interior more.

it seems like no matter what the line does, the middle of the field is always wide open. at least its felt that way watching the packers for a long time. even the quarterbacks who aren't good with pressure can find an offering in the packers secondary. Jaire Alexander is like the only thing opponents have to think about, plenty of ways to win against the defense otherwise.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1366453747669467136

lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What a way to end the story of the 2005 draft.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don’t believe that story because if the Bears wanted him they would have already traded draft picks for him before he was released.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i never watch these videos but i always laugh at the thumbnail of these dorks ready to dish out some takes

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

theyy look like they are all charging meter and the second you hit play watch the gently caress out

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Are the final wisps of Alex Smith's career the best QB the Bears will have had the last two decades?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

MJeff posted:

Are the final wisps of Alex Smith's career the best QB the Bears will have had the last two decades?

I'm sick of this vile Kyle Orton erasure and it happens every time the Bears QB situation gets brought up.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

If you want Aaron Rodgers to gently caress your face twice a year, sign the guy who went number 1 overall the year he was drafted.

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

(Also, Jay Cutler was better than Alex Smith ever was.)

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Putting Alex Smith behind that offensive line would literally be attempted murder

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

If you want Aaron Rodgers to gently caress your face twice a year, sign the guy who went number 1 overall the year he was drafted.

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Aaron rodgers, known for his great performances against the 49ers,

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

PupsOfWar posted:

Aaron rodgers, known for his great performances against the 49ers,

if we want to get nitpicky about it, he's 2-1 vs the Alex Smith-led 49ers team.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Bears would kill Alex Smith

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm still waiting to see that "Ooohhh, Aaron Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder! He's real mad! You better watch out!" thing play out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

I'm still waiting to see that "Ooohhh, Aaron Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder! He's real mad! You better watch out!" thing play out.

Basically all of Rodgers's close teammates said after the 2020 draft that Rodgers was royally pissed about Love and would come out with his hair on fire.

What we got: 372/526 attempts, 70.7% completion*, 4299 yards, 48 touchdowns*^, 9.1% TD rate*^, 5 interceptions. 1% INT rate*, 9.6 adjusted yards/attempt*, 8.89 adjusted net yards/attempt*, 121.5 passer rating*, 84.4 QBR*

*: leads league
^: career best

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Basically all of Rodgers's close teammates said after the 2020 draft that Rodgers was royally pissed about Love and would come out with his hair on fire.

What we got: 372/526 attempts, 70.7% completion*, 4299 yards, 48 touchdowns*^, 9.1% TD rate*^, 5 interceptions. 1% INT rate*, 9.6 adjusted yards/attempt*, 8.89 adjusted net yards/attempt*, 121.5 passer rating*, 84.4 QBR*

A first round pick to make a HoF quarterback go Super Saiyan. I think I’m becoming somewhat ok with it?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

BGrifter posted:

A first round pick to make a HoF quarterback go Super Saiyan. I think I’m becoming somewhat ok with it?

So what you're saying is: drafting Love was the NFL equivalent of killing Krillin.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Laying the groundwork to get Watson!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

sweet geek swag posted:

So what you're saying is: drafting Love was the NFL equivalent of killing Krillin.

:ssh: I actually don’t know that much about DBZ.

But sure!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sataere posted:

Laying the groundwork to get Watson!

He wasn't with the Texans, he was with UTexas. This is his first NFL gig.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuIGdE5s7QA

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

He wasn't with the Texans, he was with UTexas. This is his first NFL gig.

Doesn't mean the Bears don't believe this

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Bears would kill Alex Smith

But he'd die a hero!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1366526205273505793

Finally a Bears move I don't hate.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Good friggin LORD what a contract for Watt.
Yea, like others said I'm great with the Packers not paying THAT. Yowza.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
So at the Lions press conference today, Dan Campbell said another very Dan Campbell thing:

https://twitter.com/StaceyDales/status/1366745767315197961?s=20

BUT! He also said something else interesting:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/1366766213339185163?s=20

Campbell has been making headlines, but the real story of the offseason in Detroit has been how much more involved Sheila's become. By comparison WCF was a notoriously a hands-off owner and while Martha was more visibly interested in the team, this is still a new level of involvement from ownership that Detroit hasn't seen in a loooooooong time. Of course, whether or not it'll end up being a good thing is debatable, since we all know there are plenty of lovely micromanager owners in the league. But it's still worth keeping an eye on.

now back to your regularly scheduled dan campbell:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1366786771103739909?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1366856690352685056

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

They're doing it. I knew it when the Wentz deal didn't go through. :munch:

Was their interest in Wentz a clever ruse to make Trubisky more palatable? Probably not. They wanted Wentz and he did not want to go there.

But Trubisky is the better option between the two because bringing back Mitch only costs salary, not picks - and not as much salary as Wentz would've cost.

They accidentally made the better move. The blind squirrel found a nut.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

They probably aren't. "We are looking at everything" means we are hoping to change.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the bears probably won't announce their opening day qb until kickoff . foles and someone else will split reps with the first team all preseason

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Irv Smith Time in Minny

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1366884462462656520

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

now back to your regularly scheduled dan campbell:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1366786771103739909?s=20

...stop it detroit.

Stop what you're doing here to me as a Packers fan and having empathy, you just... you just knock that off right now, ok?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

...stop it detroit.

Stop what you're doing here to me as a Packers fan and having empathy, you just... you just knock that off right now, ok?

NEVER.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1366881431042015232

Rudolph has a pretty good goodbye letter to Minnesota in the players tribune.

An expected cap casualty, as he was unhappy with his current role and wasn't willing to restructure.

Go chase a ring Rudy. :unsmith: (Im expecting the Bills to make a run at him.)

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

he ate through one kneecap. but he was still hungry.