Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Interesting how quickly you dive into these stories but i guess we’ll see who ends up being more accurate. It just goes against absolutely everything coming out of the office inside guys, minus the trade offer Miami received from a team regarding Rosen.

Flores seems pretty aggressive about the line needing to be set and the logic is pretty... sound. Tua still has to be treated with kid gloves.

Didn’t we have a bet on an over under if Tua would start? I can’t recall who that was with, and you seem so confident. What game would you say, 8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I started out the offseason sure that he wouldn't start a game barring injury.

I'm revising down to week 12, where the have the week 11 bye then Jets, Bengals.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Earliest, 6, most likely, 10.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Interesting how quickly you dive into these stories but i guess we’ll see who ends up being more accurate. It just goes against absolutely everything coming out of the office inside guys, minus the trade offer Miami received from a team regarding Rosen.

Flores seems pretty aggressive about the line needing to be set and the logic is pretty... sound. Tua still has to be treated with kid gloves.

Didn’t we have a bet on an over under if Tua would start? I can’t recall who that was with, and you seem so confident. What game would you say, 8?

Wasn't me.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't know if I ever made a formal bet, but yeah, Tua starts after Fitz strings together three bad games.

Remember Goff's rookie year?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Becton is a goddamn mountain.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want Tua to sit the entire year

But my guess is he plays in week 12 against the Jets, right after our bye week.

Or he plays in like week 2 because Fitz gets COVID and 2020 is dumb as hell

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Becton is a goddamn mountain.

Good LORD

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ehud posted:

Same, but I would be fine with him taking over after the bye if he’s going to play.

I fear though, that our AFC East brethren are correct and he will probably be the starter by week 6.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Tua will most likely come off the bench to beat the Jets since that is what always seems to happen with Rookie QBs.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

Week 12? I'd don't think they make it to week six without him starting already.

poo poo they probably announce he's the starter next week!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Week 12? I'd don't think they make it to week six without him starting already.

poo poo they probably announce he's the starter next week!

I think it all depends on which Fitz comes to play in 2020.

If he strings together a few of those legendarily bad "1 TD, 4 INT" Fitzmagic games then Flores will probably pull him and put Tua in, even if it's week 4.

Heck, Flores pulled Fitz last year after 2 bad games.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
The Bills of Buffalo will go undefeated and will be break every offensive and defensive record on the books when the season is predictably cancelled the week before the super bowl. The Bills will be the only 18-0 team ever, but will still lack a Super Bowl victory. The Bills revert to their usual 7-9 starting in 2021 and never come close to the super bowl again.

Decades later, Bills fans still cling to that 18-0 season as proof that the Bills were the greatest team of all time, while fans of other teams just laugh at the only remaining franchise without a super bowl victory besides Detroit and Cleveland.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

mcmagic posted:

Tua will most likely come off the bench to beat the Jets since that is what always seems to happen with Rookie QBs.

Was about to say if you had to pick one game for your rookie QB to start it should always be against the Jets

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

th3t00t posted:

The Bills of Buffalo will go undefeated and will be break every offensive and defensive record on the books when the season is predictably cancelled the week before the super bowl. The Bills will be the only 18-0 team ever, but will still lack a Super Bowl victory. The Bills revert to their usual 7-9 starting in 2021 and never come close to the super bowl again.

Decades later, Bills fans still cling to that 18-0 season as proof that the Bills were the greatest team of all time, while fans of other teams just laugh at the only remaining franchise without a super bowl victory besides Detroit and Cleveland.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Well

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1302040309006839810?s=21

Also a surprise Jet cut

https://twitter.com/briancoz/status/1302040653736673280?s=21

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I've been owned. I'd have at least thought they'd hold on to him for another year over outright cutting him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So they are only going to have 1 guy who started from last year even on the roster this year. That was a poo poo OL.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

So they are only going to have 1 guy who started from last year even on the roster this year. That was a poo poo OL.

I think Andrews also plays C/G and they just drafted Clark so I guess that’s that

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Let me just get a jump on this and say welcome to Buffalo, Jonotthan.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Let me just get a jump on this and say welcome to Buffalo, Jonotthan.

You could do way worse if you want a depth guy who can play multiple positions on the line. If he's starting (like he was with the Jets), avert your eyes, but he's by all accounts a really good guy and a solid enough fill in in a pinch.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://twitter.com/JonScottTV/status/1301545366928740358?s=20

The CHAD Josh Allen and the VIRGIN Matt Barkley.

Nov 6, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I've been owned. I'd have at least thought they'd hold on to him for another year over outright cutting him.

Don't feel bad. Every fan overrates the value of their backups.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://youtu.be/yXcDCNv_Cno

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

This is great I'm definitely going to use this in the future

Actually I guess I could use it for this. Manish is mad again:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1302043574603845632?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Guess dating the boss's daughter will only get you so far.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1302044538979209216?s=21

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Cut Jake Fromm.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Holy poo poo. This is completely shocking. Like absolutely blown away.

Like what

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
... just what the hell

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Maybe he's just poo poo?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

fsif posted:

Cut Jake Fromm.

I'd really rather have Rosen. That may also be my own old desire to draft him in the first place. Give us both Joshes.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Cutdown weekend is usually pretty exciting so I hope our teams do some exciting things, fellow AFCE posters :unsmith:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Dolphins made some surprising cuts. Brooks and Webster should catch on somewhere given the dearth of competent corners in the league. Calhoun started a fair bit last year as well.

Can see them being in for some big DEs, but not sure how many of them will get cut.

QB Josh Rosen
RB Salvon Ahmed
WR Matt Cole
WR Kirk Merritt
TE Chris Myarick
TE Nate Wieting
OL Shaq Calhoun
OL Danny Isidora
OL Jonathan Hubbard
OL Keaton Sutherland
CB Breon Borders
DL Brandin Bryant
DL Tyshun Render
CB Nate Brooks
CB Ken Webster
S Nate Holley

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I suspect he asked for release to try to get with a team where he can at least be backup, not number three.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They cut Shaq Calhoun too

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

tarbrush posted:

Dolphins made some surprising cuts. Brooks and Webster should catch on somewhere given the dearth of competent corners in the league. Calhoun started a fair bit last year as well.

Can see them being in for some big DEs, but not sure how many of them will get cut.

QB Josh Rosen
RB Salvon Ahmed
WR Matt Cole
WR Kirk Merritt
TE Chris Myarick
TE Nate Wieting
OL Shaq Calhoun
OL Danny Isidora
OL Jonathan Hubbard
OL Keaton Sutherland
CB Breon Borders
DL Brandin Bryant
DL Tyshun Render
CB Nate Brooks
CB Ken Webster
S Nate Holley

Joe Jackson seems like a pretty good DE for them, but they could go with three in this defense with the way OLB or DT can alternately fill the role. You basically need a starter and a situational guy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Pittsburgh, Carolina and Chicago are wanting to bring Rosen in lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Pittsburgh, Carolina and Chicago are wanting to bring Rosen in lol

Has no value and is probably better then Mason Rudolph and Paxton Lynch is still a pretty wide range.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/1302279690388987905?s=21

Seems surprising? I thought he might get actual playing time this year. Maybe Perriman and Mims are healthier than we thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It was a dumb move by a dumb front office that just lost a 5th round high floor low ceiling player at a position of need. How does the team learn from this? Him going lol whoops