Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well that mixed with the Caserio burner obviously not thinking much of Tua leaves me a little pessimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If that account turns out to be real then I will give up trying to distinguish reality from parody.

It's just so on the nose...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Well that mixed with the Caserio burner obviously not thinking much of Tua leaves me a little pessimistic

The account being Caserio is just a theory that seems to be less likely the longer it stays up but it’s just filled with too many weird little details to be some random troll.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The only thing stopping me from saying 100% that it's fake is all of the weird reported poo poo out of Houston so far lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
If Armando says it's happening, I will bet my mortgage on him still being a Texan

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Can't believe that dumb account is bleeding over into this sacred thread.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
:)

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1367166646608093185?s=21

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
And then tell them No way, Jose! And hang up.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

If that account turns out to be real then I will give up trying to distinguish reality from parody.

It's just so on the nose...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The account being Caserio is just a theory that seems to be less likely the longer it stays up but it’s just filled with too many weird little details to be some random troll.

I thought the same thing but damned if it just doesn’t seem to be line up sometimes with news that’s broken a few days later

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nothing too much to learn from the Douglas press conference except that Sam is 100% being shopped and trading for Watson would probably not fit into his public team building philosophy.

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/1367172001115344896

e: Assuming this holds and Watson doesn't get traded before the draft, McShay put out on his podcast that he'd be very surprised if Zach Wilson isn't the #2 pick. McShay is college buddies and good friends with JD.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 3, 2021

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Yeah, I mean Douglas has said before "Sam is our franchise QB and that is the only player we wouldn't take calls on." I'd be legitimately shocked if Darnold doesn't get traded at this point.

I'm all aboard the Zach Wilson hype train and am adopting, in the face of all logic and reason, the position that he's actually better than Lawrence.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

At this point I'm curious if Belichick trades up to get Mac Jones for the Saban connection

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Chris Simms says the comps for Zach Wilson are Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

Chris Simms says the comps for Zach Wilson are Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers lol

But presumably also Jeff George and other million dollar arm limited processing power qbs.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Is Wilson thought of as a strong arm guy? I think both Fields and Lawrence have him beat there, and maybe Lance too but I haven't watched much of him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think Wilson's biggest thing is his arm talent. He does the video game throws.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

All of the top QBs in this draft have big arms.

https://twitter.com/winslowtwpfb/status/1367187375701581829

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Getting a lot of work out of that “NFL QB” part.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not really surprising but apparently Waddle also said he prefers Mac Jones over Tua. But I mean, obviously. They're in the same class and were at their most productive with Jones.
https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/1367218057345695757

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Magicpants posted:

perhaps they are clearing cap space for taking on deshaun watson's contract???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you heard it here first, fire up the shirt printers

KVN got a really overpriced contract, nevertheless bizarre that he didn't work with flores, he's playing the same scheme on the dolphins as on the pats. Either way, I will happily take him back at a discount rate. That would plug probably the biggest hole on defense. And then just for the love of all that is unholy, find a dude to throw the football and some dudes to catch the football.

I don't think it's so much that KVN didn't work, it's about the way the Dolphins roster developed.

Andrew Van Ginkel is probably a better fit to play the ILB/OLB flex position. He's much more athletic(his 40/agility stuff is more on par with traditional off of the ball linebackers), he's a little bit undersized and can get pushed around in the wrong situation, and his instincts/play-recognition look pretty loving good.

If you're slotting KVN as purely as an OLB, you've got unfavorable roster math at that point- you had $40m tied up between him, Ogbah, and Lawson on the edge and you were still largely dependent on scheme to generate pressure in 2020. He's the easy out in terms of savings, and in terms of finding a replacement- there's a lot of OLB in this draft.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s still another mediocre free agency signing by the Grier man. Hard to ignore his track record, not counting 2020 overall (Lawson and Ogbah were huge hits, Karras was a steal, Jones mediocre and the rest bad)

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s still another mediocre free agency signing by the Grier man. Hard to ignore his track record, not counting 2020 overall (Lawson and Ogbah were huge hits, Karras was a steal, Jones mediocre and the rest bad)

Having guys fail to stick is just basically free agency, I think the real sin is generating a bunch of dead money or getting stuck playing lovely players, or failing miserably in areas you're addressed and even failed just to stop the bleeding on a roster hole.

I think something that's really of underrated importance is rattling off guys like Salvon Ahmed, Adam Shaheen, Zach Sieler, Vince Biegel, Eric Rowe, etc., guys you didn't pay anything for that end up being key depth/starters.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 4, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s a pretty fair point. I had forgotten a few of the smaller yet more successful moves when writing that.

It’s a good sign that we’ve drafted players who are replacing more expensive less productive counterparts (Van Noy, Godchauex)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Three players that the Pats pursued in the 2019 offseason but didn’t want to pay enough money are now free again because they suck now. Let’s see if the Pats sign them.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I wish I knew why we never gave Matt Breida the ball last season.

His per touch numbers are pretty solid but he didn’t even get 70 touches in 12 games.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

I wish I knew why we never gave Matt Breida the ball last season.

His per touch numbers are pretty solid but he didn’t even get 70 touches in 12 games.

They gambled that his skills on outside zone stuff would transfer to split zone and it didn't pan out, which I'd think be pretty apparent internally. At that point muddling on is just going to be taking a bunch of losses that your offense can't afford in keeping on schedule and gambling for a home run.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
His per touch numbers were better than Gaskins. I’m not arguing against what you’re saying because I won’t even pretend to know, but it seemed like when he did get the ball it was almost always positive.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I am curious if Belichick tries to do a fast turn around and spend seriously in FA after a season where he ate poo poo like it was 2000 while Brady threw for 40 touchdowns and got a ring... or if he just does his plodding "take 10 trash free agents and look smart if one hits" shtick and then trades down out of the first round of the draft.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

just screwing around reading mock drafts

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-trade-up-for-justin-fields-dolphins-double-up-on-offensive-weaponry/

Trade down and take Pitts at 9.

Then take Bateman at 18.

I wish!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lombardi said on his podcast that the Jets are holding firm for a top half of the 2nd round pick value on Darnold and that the Niners are absolutely in on him. They also have pick #44.

sean10mm posted:

or if he just does his plodding "take 10 trash free agents and look smart if one hits" shtick and then trades down out of the first round of the draft.
It'll be this, but with way more opportunity to shop in the bargain aisle this year with more mid-tier players getting cut and looking for bridge deals until the cap goes back up.

You're getting Andy Dalton, btw.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man. That draft rules except it’s impossible to picture that Texans not making that trade with New York.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
pats starting offense next year will be andy dalton, golden tate, and kyle rudolph

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Magicpants posted:

pats starting offense next year will be andy dalton, golden tate, and kyle rudolph

It’s gonna be Cam again.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
andy will start after cam gets injured in week 4

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Magicpants posted:

A big improvement! That lineup would have made it to a wildcard last year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That lineup would have gotten you to 7-9.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It would have won 4 more games? Nah.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah the Pats needed to be 11-5 to make the playoffs last year even with the new 7th spot because of how top heavy the conference was. That was never gonna happen. But next season 10-6 will most likely be enough to make it and that isn’t out of the realm of possibly for the Pats if they actually sign some people.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Magicpants posted:

Diva Cupcake posted:

That lineup would have gotten you to 7-9.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dalton isn't actually good but Cam was next level bad for much of 2020. He had games of 98, 84, 69 and 34 passing yards. His arm looked legally dead. He had 8 total passing touchdowns in 15 starts, and 3 of those came in week 17 against the Jets.

That gets you to 8-8 or 9-7 which is basically worth nothing, but meh.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Lots of dogshit keep Darnold excuse making going on on ESPN today that are ignoring that the corpse of Joe Flacco played better than Darnold did with the same "non existent" supporting cast.