Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraiith303
Jan 16, 2019
It's a sci-fi visual novel. It might even be a game, depending on who you ask.

It cost me 6 months and all my life savings to create, then I lost the code and thanks to the DRM measures I implemented to stop people from stealing my intellectual goodies, I had to reverse engineer and crack it. So I'm pirating it and giving it to you for free. If I had spent that money to buy dogecoin, I would be -$20 poorer than I am now. If I had spent that money to buy pizzas, I would weight a lot more than I do now. I could've learnt a new language in that time. Hell, I could've invented a new language in that time, instead, all I have to show for the time and money is this:

Infinite Stars

If you like scifi you might like this. If you like scifi and you like clicking and reading visual novels, you might even convert and become a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraiith303
Jan 16, 2019
For those of you who are allergic to reading, but are still fascinated by twinkling balls of gas in the sky, I have great news!
A kind internet hamster did a let's play of the game! That's right! You don't need to do any reading! She does it all for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuXNN9aFe2I

I now feel accomplished. 6 months well spent. As an old man, I will show this video to my neighbour's grandkids one day when they ask what I achieved in my life

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hey man i played your game. some thoughts:

-theres very noticable mouse lag when using full screen, making it near unplayable
-it would be nice to have a visual representation of the sentinel, which im assuming is coming in a future update? i pictured one of those floating fallout robots in my mind for it
-overall story and writing its too short to really say much about but i liked veera

Wraiith303
Jan 16, 2019

Davincie posted:

hey man i played your game. some thoughts:

-theres very noticable mouse lag when using full screen, making it near unplayable
-it would be nice to have a visual representation of the sentinel, which im assuming is coming in a future update? i pictured one of those floating fallout robots in my mind for it
-overall story and writing its too short to really say much about but i liked veera

Thanks for checking it out! <3
There shouldn't be any lag when fullscreen. Do you mind sharing your system specs with me at infinitestarsdev at gmail dot com?
There will indeed be a visual representation of the sentinels! The next update to episode 1 will have Veera in her armor in it. The second episode is also set to release in the next few weeks.

Wraiith303
Jan 16, 2019
So much has changed! We’ve been spending most of our time on Episode 2, but during downtimes, we’d circle back to Episode 1 to fiddle and polish it a bit more. I think going back to improve existing work is something that we’ll continue to do.

Episode 2’s patron release is just around the corner, and the story continues after Mayvheen and Veera returned to the UIC Tabitha. (You’ll get to meet several new characters, and get your first peek inside the Concordat Cruiser)

We’ve added the long-awaited Veera’s armour sprite, implemented the correct backgrounds, made some minor story changes, added new music tracks and also added a short, tongue in cheek scene after the credits. There’s more, but it’s too much to mention here.

We hope you enjoy the update to Episode 1, and we’re so excited to share the next episode with everyone!

Wraiith303
Jan 16, 2019
Another streamer did a playthrough of Infinite Stars. It's such an amazing feeling to watch someone enjoying a game you created!

https://twitch.tv/videos/830535467?t=756s

Wraiith303
Jan 16, 2019
After spending 6 months to bring you the game, I spent another 12 months on improving it.
Yesterday the game was 1 year old, and I celebrated by releasing ANOTHER huge update.

It's not the same game it was a year ago. I mean, it is. But it isn't.

It now has some romance and other stuff, with more coming very soon.

>>Here it is again<<

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
What you created in 6 months in a dark room (and an additional year improving) is certainly more than what I did in 16 months of WFH. Your game was being advertised in a subreddit I'm in yesterday, and while I'm not into sci-fi I thought I'd pick it up. I'm now somewhere in episode 2 and very nervous about the choice I'm at, which tells me that I'm enjoying your game a lot and invested in the characters. Great job and thanks for all your hard work!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Wraiith303 posted:

For those of you who are allergic to reading, but are still fascinated by twinkling balls of gas in the sky, I have great news!
A kind internet hamster did a let's play of the game! That's right! You don't need to do any reading! She does it all for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuXNN9aFe2I

I now feel accomplished. 6 months well spent. As an old man, I will show this video to my neighbour's grandkids one day when they ask what I achieved in my life

I know this is thread necromancy, but I'm home after being in the hospital for a bit and enjoying some G00n-made games for a while. I wishlisted IS on Steam and hit the "Watch Later" option on this post's LP. I will probably watch at least some of the LP (but not all---spoilers ruin choices on a first play/read!) and post back when I get around to downloading it and playing it a bit. My kid (lol he's 23 next month) likes indie games, and he grew up knowing his dad was a goon and what that entails as far as video games go, so if I enjoy it I'll spread the word to him and his groovy friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraiith303
Jan 16, 2019

DerekSmartymans posted:

I know this is thread necromancy, but I'm home after being in the hospital for a bit and enjoying some G00n-made games for a while. I wishlisted IS on Steam and hit the "Watch Later" option on this post's LP. I will probably watch at least some of the LP (but not all---spoilers ruin choices on a first play/read!) and post back when I get around to downloading it and playing it a bit. My kid (lol he's 23 next month) likes indie games, and he grew up knowing his dad was a goon and what that entails as far as video games go, so if I enjoy it I'll spread the word to him and his groovy friends.

Thank you for the feedback, and I don't mind the necromancy at all. Better than creating a new thread /o\
The LP is a bit old, and much has changed, but it should still give you a good feel for the atmosphere and style.
I have been on a dev break from this project for a month after life happened, but I started working on it again last week.

Excited for all the new things to come!