Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Going from Jimmy G to Nick Mullens is like going from Andy Dalton to Josh McCown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nick Mullens is the guy you want under center when its 34-10 going into the fourth quarter and you need to make it a respectable 37-24

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah but what about Nick Mullins?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There's nobody better for uhhh... BT Sport's Premiership Rugby coverage.[1]

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Spoeank posted:

in 8 starts, Nick Mullens has thrown one touchdown pass that put the Niners ahead (they were down 3-0 to the Raiders). He has five (of thirteen) touchdown passes that came with the niners down by an insurmountable amount.

That wasn't remotely the same team. Even what we had left on the field at the end of the Jets game is vastly more talented than the squad he started those games with. Let's see how he does before we judge.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
gently caress yeah 2-0 the cards are good Murray is real and Fitzgerald is gonna get a ring wooooooo

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm not used to seeing seahawk receivers catch long bombs. I gotta admit, it turned me on.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

It's about time the Seahawks armed Russ with good weapons (doug baldwin, while great, is not a WR1) and let Russ do his thing.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

born on a buy you posted:

gently caress yeah 2-0 the cards are good Murray is real and Fitzgerald is gonna get a ring wooooooo

I'm still bitter that the Athletics got cranked by Kyler Murray. Hope he finds no success

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rabid Snake posted:

I'm still bitter that the Athletics got cranked by Kyler Murray. Hope he finds no success

At least the A's are good and not a tire fire like the Rangers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

mllaneza posted:

That wasn't remotely the same team. Even what we had left on the field at the end of the Jets game is vastly more talented than the squad he started those games with. Let's see how he does before we judge.

Well in his first drive he sacked himself and needed a Jerick McKinnon 50 yard run to get out from under 3rd and 31 in the shadow of his own end zone before farting the whole thing away.

He's very bad. The point of my post was that all the box score scouting on Mullens is skewed because he didn't do anything for 2 and a half quarters most games then turned it on when the other team had one foot on the bus.

Except when he blew out the Raiders lmao

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm not used to seeing seahawk receivers catch long bombs. I gotta admit, it turned me on.

Seahawks receivers catching long bombs is an integral part to Russell Wilson Bullshit.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 21, 2020

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1307911490070933505

Put it in my veins

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Freakazoid_ posted:

Whoa you must have stepped out of a time machine from 2010 because we have a different quarterback now. Hasselbeck is gone and Wilson is in.

Deep bombs are like, his thing.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arizona's next 3 opponents:

Lions (0-2)
Panthers (0-2)
Jets (0-2)

Can't wait for the comedy loss in one of those.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

It's about time the Seahawks armed Russ with good weapons (doug baldwin, while great, is not a WR1) and let Russ do his thing.

The niners would be ecstatic at this point to have a single receiver as talented and capable as doug baldwin

Also there's no chance we're signing kaep or anyone else at QB of course, the 49ers wouldn't have rostered three QBs if they were going to immediately shop for a free agent as soon as Garroppolo is going to miss a few weeks.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lmfao that play where they hid Lockett behind Russ my god

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Julian Edelman is an actual demon haunting the Seahawks. I've said it before but the SB goal line INT bothers me LESS than all the clutch catches Edelman was making in that game in the 4th quarter and he was giving me flashbacks of it yesterday. He does it every time we meet. I hate him and I'm glad we only see him like every other year.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Qwijib0 posted:

Arizona's next 3 opponents:

Lions (0-2)
Panthers (0-2)
Jets (0-2)

Can't wait for the comedy loss in one of those.

It's not on the doom field in NY is it?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I feel like 3 weeks is enough time to figure out how hosed the field is, especially when the 49ers who already got devastated by it play there again next week. If there's actual concerns it's going to be known and fixed by then and scouts can figure out what type of cleats to wear on the turf.

I can always see 1 or 2 tragic losses but the cardinals defense is playing good and it feels like we're rapidly improving on offense. So basically we're going 16-0

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
My new hobby is reading the replies from Seahawks fans going absolutely apeshit :allears:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1308092174656040961?s=20

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1308101253289959424?s=19

Whew. Have fun San Fran! He's great! I promise!

This is the 49ers version of what's currently happening with my money league fantasy squad now that I need to replace Barkley.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1308101253289959424?s=19

Whew. Have fun San Fran! He's great! I promise!

This is the 49ers version of what's currently happening with my money league fantasy squad now that I need to replace Barkley.

We know he's just a body. That's basically what you're able to sign from free agency at this point.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Rumor is that Blair and Irvin are likely out for the season now. I thought the lack of preseason was supposed to be good for player health?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

We know he's just a body. That's basically what you're able to sign from free agency at this point.

Yep! Not great for any of us.

Boy do I wish the Hawks had landed Clowney.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Speaking of former Seahawks: lol ifedi

https://twitter.com/johnpgilbertnfl/status/1308101315508277249?s=21

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I mean. I'm sure he could occasionally be fine as a guard, especially against the loving Giants defense. He had some physical talent but was utterly miserable as a guard. I've been reasonably happy with the O line so far, which is not something I've felt in quite a while! Probably because we haven't played SF or LAR yet.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Seahawks DL is real bad so far.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

This was impossible to forsee

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1308132076030504960

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1308129523888615424

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

shirts and skins posted:

I mean. I'm sure he could occasionally be fine as a guard, especially against the loving Giants defense. He had some physical talent but was utterly miserable as a guard. I've been reasonably happy with the O line so far, which is not something I've felt in quite a while! Probably because we haven't played SF or LAR yet.

The Rams pass rush has been pretty lackluster so far, everyone is doing the double/triple walling off of Donald and everyone else is not great.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

When it rains, it pours in the NFC West:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308104993665409029

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

We're doing really well in stopping the run, at least!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Rams look like a different team from last year. The offensive line is actually doing their jobs, and they look like a group of pros. Losing Joe Noteboom could hurt but they've got some good guard depth so hopefully it's not a huge deal.

One thing that's pretty striking is how good the Rams drafting has been the past few years. Without having any first round picks in that time, the Rams ended up with 8 starters, 8 key backups and 8 depth players. So despite having a top-heavy roster with huge contracts for their best players, the steady infusion of cheap talent from the draft has allowed them to be a pretty good team.

The defense looks much better than it has the past few years, they've been clamping down on teams in the second half. And the offense is actually giving Goff the space and time he needs to put his accuracy into play. Gonna say, despite Wentz almost universally being considered the best quarterback from the top of that draft, he certainly didn't look better than Goff this week.

Rams are still probably competing for second or third in the division, but they look like a playoff team, at least. Unfortunately, same goes for the all the other teams in the division. If you spread all these teams into different divisions I feel like they'd have a shot to win every one

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I assume this is confirmation. More ACLs for the ACL god!

https://twitter.com/birvin_wvu11/status/1308147143731888128?s=21

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams pass rush has been pretty lackluster so far, everyone is doing the double/triple walling off of Donald and everyone else is not great.

I'm sure, but I meant we, as in Seattle, specifically. I don't care how different things look, against Seattle a Rams TE will always be open and Donald will always look like a kaiju

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

Well in his first drive he sacked himself and needed a Jerick McKinnon 50 yard run to get out from under 3rd and 31 in the shadow of his own end zone before farting the whole thing away.

Well, I mean he got no first team reps and probably limited reps overall so that may not be the best game to judge him with a decent team.

Oh God now I'm defending Nick Mullins.

The only bright side is that Kris Kocurek was his dline coach in Detroit so maybe he can get something out of him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Leonard Floyd is such an improvement on Clay Matthews though! He made some huge plays on Sunday, although yeah his pass rushing hasn't been quite there yet. But he protects the edge so much better and is better against the run than Matthews ever was here.

As far as the rest of the D line, yeah it's probably the biggest weakness on the team right now despite Donald. Because it's basically him and a bunch of guys who don't match up against NFL O linemen that well.

On the other hand, the secondary looks vastly improved from last year. That gorgeous pick in the end zone from former nobody Darious Williams basically sealed the game, and Jordan Fuller is starting to look like a star safety. Add Jalen Ramsey, John Johnson, and Taylor Rapp and you've got a nice group of DBs. The weakest link definitely seems to be Troy Hill.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

McVay took a lot of flack for moving on from Wade so it will be interesting to see if it works out. I thought it was a pretty defensible choice at the time. That defense was never as good as it’s billing.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

49ers break everything geez.

Too much running.

Edit: "must have driven on metlife turf" lmao

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

too many corpses? remember to check the load rating on the old girl next time

YOLOsubmarine posted:

McVay took a lot of flack for moving on from Wade so it will be interesting to see if it works out. I thought it was a pretty defensible choice at the time. That defense was never as good as it’s billing.

Yeah the defense was known for the odd big splash play but otherwise being about as stiff as wet cardboard. Replacing Weddell and Matthews with younger and more athletic guys definitely helped but so far I'd say replacing Wade has been a successful move