Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Match of the Night
This poll is closed.
Chuck and the other guy vs Proud n Powerful 19 16.38%
A Boy, His Dinosaur and their bad friend coworkers vs SCU and Private Party 20 17.24%
Thunder Rosa vs Serena Deeb 71 61.21%
Moxley vs The Lawyer 6 5.17%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that it is wednesday (my dudes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

explosivo posted:

I haven't really seen what apparently everyone else has seen in Tay to be this excited about her at this point, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about.

you have time to watch dark before dynamite airs!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Don’t gotta stack a card if you consistently book in a competent manner.

True, but Dynamite last week was kind of a stinker so they may be feeling the need to boost the cards to wash off that stink.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

True, but Dynamite last week was kind of a stinker so they may be feeling the need to boost the cards to wash off that stink.

Wasn't last week's episode one of the highest-rated episodes they've ever had?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Last week's Dynamite was a perfectly OK show. Not the best ever, but it did its job.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

absofuckinglutely

Mr Snips posted:

I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that it is wednesday (my dudes)

More and more people are saying this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I kinda hope Angelico wins. I feel like Cassidy needs to be given reasons to care about a feud or a fight, he can't really just go out there and do squash matches.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I kinda hope Angelico wins. I feel like Cassidy needs to be given reasons to care about a feud or a fight, he can't really just go out there and do squash matches.

Yeah, depending on the way you play Orange Cassidy's character, this match could be a lot more open than it sounds on its surface.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't know if Angelico needs to win per se, he's a tag team act and shouldn't be beating a pushed singles act in a straight-ahead match. A competitive match, though, that I'd be down for. OC shouldn't be squashing anyone.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cassidy should come out as normal but Excalibur starts saying OC is acting different, his slow walk is too cocky now. He's gotten full of himself. JR asks how he can tell and Ex sandbags him. Push the match as OC getting too proud from his win and that he learned humilty upod losing to Angelico.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939782

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know if Angelico needs to win per se, he's a tag team act and shouldn't be beating a pushed singles act in a straight-ahead match. A competitive match, though, that I'd be down for. OC shouldn't be squashing anyone.

hard disagree.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Last week's dynamite was probably my second least favourite ever. Still decent though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

flashy_mcflash posted:

If this leads to a Best Friends vs. TH2 match I'll be pleased.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

There is no goddamn way that a guy who just beat Chris Jericho in two straight matches should lose to Angelico, of all people. It definitely shouldn't be a squash match but come on now.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

CombineThresher posted:

OC had better be especially lazy after expending so much energy throughout the Jericho feud. Like slumping out of basic lockups lazy.

OC should tap the moment Angelico starts to do a pretzel submission to reestablish his baseline laziness

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Last week's dynamite was probably my second least favourite ever. Still decent though.

The worst episode of Dynamite is still better than the best episode of Raw from the same time period.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

There is no goddamn way that a guy who just beat Chris Jericho in two straight matches should lose to Angelico, of all people. It definitely shouldn't be a squash match but come on now.

Counterpoint: Angelico owns actually.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

OC should fall asleep when Angelico gets him in a choke.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Tay had some cool offensive sequences in her first tag match against Nyla so I think that's a good matchup for her. I also think Nyla should be on TV significantly more often so hopefully they kick off a storyline for her and Vickie. A Swole feud could be cool if they want to hold off on a Shida rematch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

The worst episode of Dynamite is still better than the best episode of Raw from the same time period.

2 hours of static is better than any three hour Raw

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Tay had some cool offensive sequences in her first tag match against Nyla so I think that's a good matchup for her. I also think Nyla should be on TV significantly more often so hopefully they kick off a storyline for her and Vickie. A Swole feud could be cool if they want to hold off on a Shida rematch

I think they could have Tay and Anna feuding with Nyla simultaneously. Like Braun vs. Miz and Morrison except good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

karmicknight posted:

I don't disagree with this, but if they want to establish him as a singles act he should get some more wins on Dynamite before they go and put him over a dude they seem to want to push in OC. The logical thing, to me, though is to use this to give TH2 an actual story and feud against Best Friends or literally any team.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

karmicknight posted:

Agreeing that he owns, but he's not booked like he owns. Putting him over one of the company's hottest acts would be a terrible idea at this point, but absolutely give him some shine with his cool submissions and stuff.

edit: beaten but yes give TH2 a story or some angles or something, any excuse to capitalize on Jack never shutting up for any reason.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't disagree with this, but if they want to establish him as a singles act he should get some more wins on Dynamite before they go and put him over a dude they seem to want to push in OC. The logical thing, to me, though is to use this to give TH2 an actual story and feud against Best Friends or literally any team.

The problem with that is that there is literally no time on Dynamite to establish anyone. Dynamite basically has time to push stories forward and that is it. Give Angelico a package before the match with footage of him doing cool submission from Dark and you could easily have him win and push a story forward while sinking Orange Cassidy back away from a title match. Not that I think they should do it, mind you. But I am also of the opinion that Angelico being a tag team guy (prior to his recent push of matches on Dark) being some disqualifying factor in him getting a big singles win over Orange Cassidy is very wrong.

CombineThresher posted:

Agreeing that he owns, but he's not booked like he owns. Putting him over one of the company's hottest acts would be a terrible idea at this point, but absolutely give him some shine with his cool submissions and stuff.

edit: beaten but yes give TH2 a story or some angles or something, any excuse to capitalize on Jack never shutting up for any reason.

I don't disagree that Orange Cassidy going over is the correct booking, and I have been pushing the Angelico wins angle pretty much without actual substance because of it, but yeah Angelico getting to do some cool submissions and then losing makes sense.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Orange can win. That's cool too. But if he wins they need to explain why the Orange Cassidy who tries showed up today. A squash just to keep up his momentum wouldn't make sense because well, he's Orange Cassidy. He hates momentum, it means you're moving.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dude comes off a win with Jericho and some of y'all want him to lose to some jobber. Madness

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dude comes off a win with Jericho and some of y'all want him to lose to some jobber. Madness

but enough about Scorpio Sky's booking

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, Orange can win. That's cool too. But if he wins they need to explain why the Orange Cassidy who tries showed up today. A squash just to keep up his momentum wouldn't make sense because well, he's Orange Cassidy. He hates momentum, it means you're moving.

Orange Cassidy never doesn't try to win. He just tries to win with the least amount of effort possible. If he didn't care about winning he would just stay down and get pinned

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

but enough about Scorpio Sky's booking

Who?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I don't know what this gimmick is, but holy gently caress is it annoying.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder if OC gets a shot at the TNT title or Big Plat? probably TNT title?

i feel like Brodie would loving annihilate him though lmao

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
TNT Title match where OC just survives Brodie Lee until maybe managing to pin him is a really loving cool idea.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, Orange can win. That's cool too. But if he wins they need to explain why the Orange Cassidy who tries showed up today

OC doesn't need to try to beat Angelico, that's the point

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wasn't last week's episode one of the highest-rated episodes they've ever had?

Yes, but "critically" not a good episode. I think Alvarez (maybe Dave) said even Tony didn't like it, especially the second hour.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

i wonder if OC gets a shot at the TNT title or Big Plat? probably TNT title?

i feel like Brodie would loving annihilate him though lmao

I don't see him challenging Mox and it seems like Sky is being setup against Brodie, which kind of stinks because I really want to see Sky win some matches and get a big push.

There's still some mileage left in the Best Friends/PnP feud so maybe OC gets slotted back there somewhere until it's time for him to do something meaningful again.

Or, maybe OC is the handsome Best Man of Kip and things go awry when OC is too lazy to bring the rings to the wedding.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think people tend to over inflate the value of a previous week’s show quality on the following week’s ratings. Is it a factor? Yes, but there are a bunch of variables. Even if this week’s numbers tank, it could be for any number of reasons.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like OC needs a tag partner, and he'd probably have a credible chance at winning tag gold if they have good chemistry

right now I can't see him pinning Brodie or Mox, or even having very interesting matches with them unless his character evolves some more (which has been happening slowly but surely and in good directions)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think they're actually planning on giving Angelico a sustained singles push, it's just that Jack is injured right now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

i feel like OC needs a tag partner, and he'd probably have a credible chance at winning tag gold if they have good chemistry

right now I can't see him pinning Brodie or Mox, or even having very interesting matches with them unless his character evolves some more (which has been happening slowly but surely and in good directions)

I mean, I disagree with your premise that Orange getting a win is something I could see, but he does gave a partner. Charles Taylor. There is just a Trent? shaped problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You, an idiot: OC should easily beat Angelico because he just beat Chris Jericho twice

Me, wrestling genius: Booking OC to lose is crucial to establishing his character as someone above "wins" and "losses" and "pursuit of a title"; he is an agent of chaos and the outcome of any match he's in is merely subject to the whims of his desire on any given day. By losing to a random tag teamer after beating a Top Guy you make him more powerful than even the champions, an almost-elemental force ungoverned by the laws of man or convention. Furthermore,