Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lite_sleepr

by Radio Games Forum
I can't remember the name to save my life.

It involved a native american who was a texas ranger, he had a horse who used a bazooka, and the ranger had the powers of animals. An eagle and bear are all i remember.

Please BYOB help me remember this radical 80s cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

I personally dunno but my googling very strongly suggests Bravestarr

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Yeah, pretty sure it's Bravestarr. The villain's name was Tex Hex if I remember correctly

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I was more of a Galaxy Rangers kid, but Bravestarr was pretty good.

Joey McChrist

100% bravestarr

Macnult

Joey McChrist posted:

100% bravestarr

this is tuff

Manifisto

that's some good sleuthing! here is a childrens show I remember but only vaguely. the protagonists were beavers in outer space. it wasn't animated though, it was live action puppetry, and the subject matter was . . . really sophisticated and kind of dark for young people. the beavers lived in a sort of spaceship camper van and would travel from planet to planet trying to find a home, and each place they visited, even if it seemed really appealing at the start, had something that eventually made them move on. I remember distinctly the older male beaver child (who had a younger sister) developing a huge crush on a lady rabbit from the rabbit planet and their love was sort of doomed and disapproved and very bittersweet when the beavers decided to move on because the rabbit society could not tolerate them. the villains were these giant wasp things that chased the beavers through space. any leads on this one?

ty nesamdoom!

take the moon

by sebmojo
i thought i remembered it until you said it was puppeteered :psyduck:

are all my memories replicas ???

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nut

was it from a specific area? 80s?

nut

I ask because i'm invested because with each search i believe deep down that i too have seen this show

Manifisto

nut posted:

was it from a specific area? 80s?

ya I believe it was made around the late 80s

ty nesamdoom!

lite_sleepr

by Radio Games Forum

Joey McChrist posted:

100% bravestarr

this is 100000000000% my poo poo

thanks

----------------

nut

maybe I am crazy but didn’t the Dinosaurs tv show with the family of Sinclairs have these tiny puppet beavers as the pests of the show and dinosaur society. it probably isn’t right but I was wondering if there was maybe a side plot with them or something

Stoner Sloth

dang, i remember this one

i think i had the villain guy and his weird skull walker 'horse' thing toy too?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I do, it was called 'Garfield', hope this helps

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

I do, it was called 'Garfield', hope this helps

It was U.S. Acres. You fool! You idiot! You absolute buffoon!:evilbuddy:

Chewbecca

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

It was U.S. Acres. You fool! You idiot! You absolute buffoon!:evilbuddy:

Look how wrong you are :ughh:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

FutonForensic

hello first time poster. looking for the name of a cartoon, think it was on SpikeTV. I believe it started with Stan Lee saying "hi im Stan Lee and welcome to my 'Stripperella.' cartoon Pamela Anderson would change from a stripper into a crime fighter and drive a motorcycle. the intro had vocals of people singing "Stripperella" over and over. Does anyone have name.

my mom only let me watch one episode. now's she's dead I can finally watch more. thank you God bless

nut

FutonForensic posted:

hello first time poster. looking for the name of a cartoon, think it was on SpikeTV. I believe it started with Stan Lee saying "hi im Stan Lee and welcome to my 'Stripperella.' cartoon Pamela Anderson would change from a stripper into a crime fighter and drive a motorcycle. the intro had vocals of people singing "Stripperella" over and over. Does anyone have name.

my mom only let me watch one episode. now's she's dead I can finally watch more. thank you God bless

this is gargoyles a cartoon lauded for its Shakespearean plot allusions

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

FutonForensic posted:

You're thinking of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

nut

ok there are dogs some are tough downtown dogs who wear bandanas and world baseball bats others are high society dogs who sip tea and eat flavourful lavender scones and some are country dogs who wear overalls and grow corn and the corn has eyes and mouths and personalities which presents some ethical questions and al the dogs come together to solve murders and they say the first 48 hours are critical and if you can’t get a lead within two days you have to say “hasta la vista puppy” that’s what the geneticist dog says at the end of the episode after the crime story there’s a small segment at the end where the corn reads letters sent in by viewers of the show who air grievances with their family members and are told how many Hail Marys they have to say to atone for their unspeakable transgression of familial love and trust

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

nut posted:

ok there are dogs some are tough downtown dogs who wear bandanas and world baseball bats others are high society dogs who sip tea and eat flavourful lavender scones and some are country dogs who wear overalls and grow corn and the corn has eyes and mouths and personalities which presents some ethical questions and al the dogs come together to solve murders and they say the first 48 hours are critical and if you can’t get a lead within two days you have to say “hasta la vista puppy” that’s what the geneticist dog says at the end of the episode after the crime story there’s a small segment at the end where the corn reads letters sent in by viewers of the show who air grievances with their family members and are told how many Hail Marys they have to say to atone for their unspeakable transgression of familial love and trust

Hee Haw

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I didn't like the bit where Bravestar was kidnapped by flying pirates or something and they tried to make him walk the plank. I found that disturbing.

alnilam

There was a show with a squad of like, talking military dog squad? who saved the world and stuff, they had "the crazy one" who was strapped up like hannibal and when they let him loose it was crazy, there was one like Arnold, and the main thing i remember from this show was one time there were enemy tanks coming and the Arnold guy said "tanks!" and the main guy said "no problem buddy" and he said "no, tanks!" and the main one said it's okay you could have just said no the first time etc etc it was a good bit

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

alnilam posted:

There was a show with a squad of like, talking military dog squad? who saved the world and stuff, they had "the crazy one" who was strapped up like hannibal and when they let him loose it was crazy, there was one like Arnold, and the main thing i remember from this show was one time there were enemy tanks coming and the Arnold guy said "tanks!" and the main guy said "no problem buddy" and he said "no, tanks!" and the main one said it's okay you could have just said no the first time etc etc it was a good bit

road rovers

that show taught me how russian names work, which years later helped me read the brothers karamazov
thank you, road rovers

Chewbecca

She-ra, pretend I quoted everything and wrote She-ra

take the moon

by sebmojo

Chewbecca posted:

She-ra, pretend I quoted everything and wrote She-ra

the world is safe in the power of crystal castles

may not be exact quote

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
i think it was watership down op

----------------

Manifisto

nut posted:

this rings a bell, I must say

ty nesamdoom!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it was Richard Nixon on a 1960s episode of Laugh-In

Prof. Crocodile

barnold posted:

:hmmyes:

Escape From Noise

barnold posted:

Sock it to meeeeeee?

Escape From Noise

It's a movie where Brad Pitt plays a guy who really wants to gently caress a cartoon woman.

Chewbecca

I think you'll find it's a little indie cartoon called Bugs Bunny

take the moon

by sebmojo

Chewbecca posted:

I think you'll find it's a little indie cartoon called Bugs Bunny

h-h-haha ive totally seen that one please dont ask me what happens

----------------

Manifisto

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

It's a movie where Brad Pitt plays a guy who really wants to gently caress a cartoon woman.

cool world!

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Hordak was like the T-1000 from Terminator 2. But Skeletor is pretty cool too.

Coolness Averted

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

nut posted:

maybe I am crazy but didn’t the Dinosaurs tv show with the family of Sinclairs have these tiny puppet beavers as the pests of the show and dinosaur society. it probably isn’t right but I was wondering if there was maybe a side plot with them or something

mammals were their food, little tiny furry things that lived in the fridge. In one episode the food "goes bad" and mutinies, kidnapping Baby Sinclair. There was also a two parter where the teenage son becomes a herbivore because it's trendy and all the teen girl dinosaurs think eating the cute furry critters is bad.
then all the dad dinosaurs are angry about their sons becoming wimps and so they start dinosaur vietnam to toughen up their kids by sending them to go die in a war. So the herbivores become hippies. This is all an elaborate setup for a "give peas a chance" pun

alnilam

Coolness Averted posted:

mammals were their food, little tiny furry things that lived in the fridge. In one episode the food "goes bad" and mutinies, kidnapping Baby Sinclair. There was also a two parter where the teenage son becomes a herbivore because it's trendy and all the teen girl dinosaurs think eating the cute furry critters is bad.
then all the dad dinosaurs are angry about their sons becoming wimps and so they start dinosaur vietnam to toughen up their kids by sending them to go die in a war. So the herbivores become hippies. This is all an elaborate setup for a "give peas a chance" pun

My best friend and i gave that show a rewatch a few years ago and it was intensely surreal and also bad

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

alnilam posted:

My best friend and i gave that show a rewatch a few years ago and it was intensely surreal and also bad

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Like that episode summary reads like a shitpost making fun of a bad tv show.

I totally dig the concept, set design, and puppetry but the fact I can remember 0 good jokes, and everything was a pun or a prop gag based on a pun is not a good sign.