Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Judging by everyone's responses here I really missed out on some sort of cultural phenomenon.

But then we didn't have a family computer until I was probably too old for this game, so I missed a lot of stuff.

Thank the universe for LPs, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...Okay, I wasn't expecting demons.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Imagine living in this place. Half the living things around you are apex predators or unnecessarily lethal giant herbivores from multiple continents and most of the rest are various types of demon. About the only things we've seen that aren't actively after your blood are zebras and possibly Yobi's parrot.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Quackles posted:

Only one more to go! Spell the word "election".

Yobi, you can't ask kids to spell such dirty words! (besides, 'C-L-U-S-T-E-R-F-U-C-K' doesn't fit in the box)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

AtomikKrab posted:

Welcome to early computer games, especially educational ones. Like Developers did NOT have a strong grasp on what would be appropriately difficult at the time.

I'd argue they still don't, really, except that it's gone the other way now. My nephew's just at the age where he's starting 'educational' games and they're pretty pathetic.

Some of these puzzles have been bullshit, sure, but generally speaking if you don't tell kids that something's too hard for them they often don't notice and do it anyway.