Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Ok I’ve triggered (assuming it’s something I did) the ghost early several times (supposed to be at 3 mins right?)

What did I do?

E: I se the ghost face on that pot now..

The ghost pot apparently has some interesting interactions if you throw it at a caveman / shopkeeper, though I've not been told what. It'd be interesting if you can ghost curse enemies. Also, I think if you hit the 3 minute mark and also have the ghost pot broken is when you get the fast ghost coming for you.

Either way, I can't wait to get off work and get this loaded up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

:same:

I very much dislike these horny ball lizards

From what I've seen from them on streams and videos they seem less annoying than the scorpions from the first game.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Flayer posted:

Yeah I had a go today and I got massacred on 1-1 like 7-8 times out of my first 10 goes. I am a bit rusty though and kept forgetting about the arrow traps and they do seem to throw a bigger variety of enemies at you quicker than in the first game. I did make it to 1-4 eventually so it can't be that hard!

I played as the weird goth.

The black character? That's a sloth, dog.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

KNR posted:

Has he done anything to fix ghost farming? My biggest issue with HD was the combination of the ghost being completely non-threatening and upgrading gems making playing for score needlessly boring. A full hell run was already pretty long and then you had to wait for the ghost and wait for it to float around on nearly every level if you wanted a good score.

If you delay too long once the ghost shows up, a second ghost shows up who is WAY faster who will end you. You can't dance around him like old pokey.

Edit 2: Every map has a cursed jar that contains a diamond, but immediately summons a ghost as well. There are also leprechauns and I believe murdering shopkeepers is more lucrative as well.

Edit: The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Spelunky 2 - moon's haunted

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 16, 2020