Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Not only do the AI helper characters that you dig out of the coffins look absolutely freakish and nasty, they've killed me way more than they've saved me. They'll get damaged and fly into me (knocking me into lava or spikes), teeter on a ledge and hit me with the item they're holding, practically anything that screws me over. I don't even open the coffins anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Wow I cleared the first area pretty immediately and then went on to the shortcuts so I didn't notice at first, but the mines really suck. I am constantly getting hit by arrow traps because they're off screen and I scroll them onto the screen. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do when the thing shoots an arrow at me the exact second it becomes visible.

That and the lack of ability to throw things straight downwards. Like okay I want to throw something in front of this arrow trap but every single thing I throw just breaks against the nearby ledge. Guess I'll just eat the damage?

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 19, 2020

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mines are more of the same from 1 to me, but I think the mole rats can just get like.. coded out of the game and I wouldn't mind at all.

Oh yeah gotta love the moles. You got damaged because you walked near a cloud of dust in a wall that instantaneously popped out.

Sometimes I feel like this game goes too far in the direction of "eh it's a roguelike, it's fine if the game is full of unavoidable or nearly unavoidable one hit kills" Plus like people mentioned before, how visually busy it is that it's hard to distinguish things. A lot of times I'll just take damage from something I never even saw.

Like seriously, in the first level you have white piles of skulls and bones, white spikes with skulls among them, and skeleton enemies, which are just white skulls on the floor. It's maddening.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 19, 2020

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
So can anybody explain why the dice shopkeepers will just randomly flip out at me and kill me when I try to play their dice game? It happens all the time and I have no possible idea what is going on.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
So are there any solutions when you end up in an enclosed space with an axolotl? Or is that just the end of the run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I only use d-pad and I think the turkeys are great for mobility. I use them until they die for whatever reason then I cook their corpse, it's good for the environment.