Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Finally, an accurate preview video in my preferred playstyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Is there still a Spelunky 1 thread? I still play it but I think I have only beaten the original freeware game, not the commercial remake.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

the turkey man does not explain his proposition very clearly :mad:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Xaris posted:

Yeah I've started just tossing pots away from me, it was getting frustrating standing back from a pot to whip it and still get hit. I think i'd do infinitely better in this game if whip was even 2 pixels bigger/longer hitbox wise.

I have started doing two quick whips towards pots, to hit the potential critter in there before it gets the chance to move :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

There's some really interesting variations in the music, but a lot of them are very subtle. One of the bits I think is pretty funky is when they do a little pitch bending like you're listening to a vinyl record that's warped.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

it's a good question

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

The Kins posted:

Both Spelunky games were just announced as coming to the Switch next summer.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1338892513453727750

does this mean we might get a pc patch so that Spelunky HD doesn't crash if you leave it paused for half an hour? :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

"Tightest controlling"

This game feels like kaizo spelunky. The devs made a game for youtube fail compilations and not for having fun with.

oh look, it's a no-context, half-second gif from someone who has never posted in this thread before. this kind of garbage post does not deserve any kind of serious reply

p.s. git gud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Escape Goat posted:

This thread is frequently rude and multiple posters seem really weirdly defensive about the game. Not sure why, I guess Spelunky 2 attracts a certain personality?

yes we're being defensive. we definitely aren't just laughing at the salty nerds who are so fuckin mad that they make illogical drive-by hateposts in the thread of a silly cartoon video game, all because they are not very skilled at said game