Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
The mounts are a fun little addition. Figuring out what each of them does.

Had a little incident with the Axolotl, The 3rd jump teleports you (with all the same drawbacks as usual teleporting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That it pretty unintuitive. Unless I missed something.

The lucky clover you get keeps the ghost away on this level

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Vegastar posted:

Technically the clover only extends the ghost timer to 5 minutes on the stage instead of preventing the ghost entirely

Ah good to know

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I'm still working my way through this game and it's secrets so without spoiling too much that comes afterwards can someone can help me with these:

1. What is the Hedjet is used for? I got into the city of gold after beating Anubis and grabbing his Scepter, but it wasn't clear that I also needed the Hedjet like in Spelunky 1
2. Was there anything important to find in the City of Gold other than just tons of money? I unlocked a character in there but there wasn't a Necronomicon like in the first game
3. Is there a way to beat Olmec when you get to the second floor and he starts flying and dropping bombs? I just usually leave through one of the side doors that opens up when he bombs them.
4. How do you beat that boss that shows up when you get far enough in the water zone? I can't remember the name of the area but the boss is a giant sitting on a throne, there's water in the area and bubbles you can ride. I couldn't figure out how to beat her and ended up dying when I rode the bubbles to the ceiling, couldn't make it past the laser walls.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Sockser posted:

4. She just has a shitload of health. If you don’t have a reliable weapon she’s gonna be an absolute bastard

Really? I had a shotgun at the time but bullets just seemed to pass through her. Is there a specific spot I was supposed to hit. Naturally I was going for the head or scepter but there was no indication I was doing any damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Do I need the Bow and arrow from the moon challenge to Get to the cosmic ocean? I know there's some trick to giving the bow to that Warbler guy and he'll give it to you later, but I also don't know what it's for