Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Holy moly the online is broke broke.
Derek posted the following thread on Twitter about the online:

quote:

We've noticed that quite a few Spelunky 2 players are seeing serious lag in online multiplayer. We're working on it! S2's multiplayer is server-based, so distance from other players isn't a factor. In the longterm, this should make it more reliable, esp. for 4-player co-op.

FYI, Spelunky 2's online multiplayer uses rollback netcode and was designed for it from the beginning. @BlitWorks will be running more tests this week. In the meantime, if you're having issues and want to help, come join us at our official Discord: https://discord.spelunky2.net

We are seeing some sessions go smoothly, so I think we're in a good place to gather data and start improving things. Apologies if you're having trouble, though... we weren't expecting it to be so extreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/mossmouth/status/1309524528351948800
https://twitter.com/mossmouth/status/1309524530155589633

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

OtspIII posted:

Is there a cure for either? I tried rescuing a dog, thinking it might cure curse, but no luck.
Looking up spoilers, so...

Poison: Take a pet to the exit.
Curse: Get the Elixir from the Temple, or die with the Ankh.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sockser posted:

The horned lizards will eat the dung beetles.

I don't know if there are any other interactions like this.
Cavemen and Tiki Men will chat to each other if they wind up standing next to each other facing each other and they don't know you're there.

If a Mantrap wanders into a shop and eats a non-aggro Shopkeeper, the Shopkeeper will burst out after a second or so, insta-gibbing the Mantrap and thwarting your easy theft attempt. Nice try, though!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Samovar posted:

Is there any word on multiplayer online for PC? I saw it wasn't available at launch, but I don't know where to check up for any developments.
The latest updates seem to be getting posted as Steam announcements, so they'll appear on the store page and in the Steam client. The latest one was from a couple of days before launch, and says it'll take a few weeks.

You can also check Derek Yu's Twitter accounts (@mossmouth and @spelunkyworld), but it'll be much the same info, except briefer and with more fanart and/or goblins.

EDIT: There's also a patch notes thread on the Steam forums for minor updates and bugfixes and such.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 4, 2020

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Unless there's a shield in stock with which to squish them, how do you even murder shopkeepers? Any engagement with them is disaster, much like my every other interaction in the game
1.) Notice they have a machete in stock.
2.) Apply machete to shopkeeper's cranium.
3.) Repeat application to unconscious shopkeeper until they make a noise and money falls out.
4.) Take shotgun and proceed onwards to adventure for another level and a half before you die humiliatingly for unrelated reasons.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 6, 2020

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tenebrais posted:

Interesting interaction I had: I took a shotgun and a turkey into Volcana, where I foolishly stood under a dropping spike-ball. The turkey bore the brunt of the attack and I was thrown clear, but not only was the turkey destroyed but so was my shotgun. Better than dying outright, but I do wonder how that happened.
Items tend to get destroyed outright when crushed. You can see this often in Dwelling when you push one of those push blocks onto a gold bar or something.

Patch Notes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Both Spelunky games were just announced as coming to the Switch next summer.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1338892513453727750