Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 2, 2005
My wife and I sat down to play last night and promptly got wrecked over and over again in the caves. Feels like 2013 all over again. The moles and lizards are serious pests.

Is there a cure for poison or is it basically a death sentence? loving surprise scorpion in a pot killed my best attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2005
drat this game seems like an order of magnitude harder than Spelunky 1.

Feb 2, 2005
It seems to me that either Sticky Bombs or Spike Shoes are mandatory for a good run. If I don't have at least one of them coming out of 1-3 I restart.

e: And the instant restart option with no confirm is a godsend. You have to enable it in the options FYI

Quote fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 29, 2020

Feb 2, 2005
I've done hundreds of (ultimately failed) runs at this point and yeah, the deadly bubbling lava land is way easier than the little baby plant spikes that gently caress me up royally. And gently caress boomerang cavemen and witch doctors. Goddamn the jungle sucks.

Feb 2, 2005
For what it's worth, the first few days of Spelunky 2 I didn't know if I liked it. My first, knee-jerk reaction to the increased difficulty in the game was "that's cheap...uhhh...this kind of sucks." But now I find myself in the same enjoyable groove that I experienced with Spelunky 1.

So if you PC peeps are feeling the same way I was, just stick with it. It's good.

Feb 2, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

Can’t you just press the button while holding down?

It's this. You can also do downward angled throws while jumping if you quickly press diagonal down and then the grab/throw button. This is useful for breaking some bone pillars that are wedged between terrain.

Feb 2, 2005

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Really? I had a shotgun at the time but bullets just seemed to pass through her. Is there a specific spot I was supposed to hit. Naturally I was going for the head or scepter but there was no indication I was doing any damage

It's her head you want to hit. She winces a bit

Feb 2, 2005
Boss spoiler I beat Tiamat! had 32 health at the start of that fight (double nectar from my bae Kali) and ended with 7. Ran out of sticky bombs and had to whip.

Can someone give me some hints as to what to do to get a different ending? Just some gentle nudges would be appreciated.

Feb 2, 2005

FrickenMoron posted:

Have you been to any secrets yet?

I know that there is another exit below the Tide Pool into a Temple place but I've only gone there once. I started to regularly go to the vampire land for that sweet cape. I got the special bow in a run once but I couldn't figure out why I would want it. Been to the black market (thanks Spelunky 1!). Got the sword from the Tide Pool and once somehow found myself below a ton of lava in the Tide Pool with no way out that I could see. I got there accidentally from interlocking sub-caves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

"Tightest controlling"

This game feels like kaizo spelunky. The devs made a game for youtube fail compilations and not for having fun with.

The lizards have spikes on their back for a reason--to dissuade you from approaching from the rear. Their hurtbox is closer to the front. That wasn't a hit.

Spelunky 2 isn't a perfect game but it is bone honest.

Quote fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 22, 2020