Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That's helpful, thanks. Suppose my next dumbass question is if there are any 2000 dbs out there because I'd like to try doing NOAH from the start but if not I might do modern NOAH and cry the wrestlers are rated too low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
TEW 2016 has some late 90s databases and and a 2001 January database that is close. Those can all be updated to 2020 with a copy of 2020 itself I think the earliest native 2020 database is in 2004. And if you are using something aside from those two i haven't the faintest clue what the database situation is like.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Can we ask for specific talent? I'm in, if so

Well, it would be a SmackDown! vs. Raw competition using the Ruthless Aggression mod.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight
So, In Your House: The Bridge is in the books and now it's time for the Road to WrestleMania XIV (TM) to start in earnest as The Undertaker and Ron Simmons will face off against each other in escalating conflict ahead of their Mania main event. The Rock won the rights to face new NXT Champion Steve Austin (Which means that Kaientai DX is down one of their two belts) in a hellacious I Quit match that has left Mankind reeling. Also the tag team titles are rolling towards a confrontation between champions Kojima and the Hangman (William Regal), brute bruiser team the Kaiju (Mike Awesome and Vader) and Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa. All this and also filling out the card with mid- and under-card matches in WWF In Medias Res year 1998.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Edward Mass posted:

Well, it would be a SmackDown! vs. Raw competition using the Ruthless Aggression mod.

I'm running Ruthless Aggression right now so I'm very familiar with the product, I'd be down :)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So in my Killing the Business mod (the same one Karmic uses) I did this. Mostly by accident.

I decided to give Bulldog a brief title run and a feud against the Harts. Despite him constantly failing to deliver in the main event (all his matches got hit hard with psyche penalties before his gimmick got changed to one that gave him a large psych penalty during long matches) this still happened.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

So it's Wednesday and I am keeping pace on trying to get WrestleMania XIV fully extant by Friday. I don't really have much in the way of new content for this save from my previous post, just that I've pulled the trigger on slow burning the Mick Foley face turn by having Mankind pull the Crow Sting routine after losing the I Quit match to the Rock. I'm still debating whether he should get a name change (to complete the Three Face of Foley), please respond either during the stream (happening now!) or in response to this post guiding me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

It's WresleMania XIV: The Wild West

Ron Simmons vs. The Undertaker
The Rock vs. Steve Austin
Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart
The Bullet Club vs. Kaentai DX (Losing Team Will Lose a Stable Member)
The Kaiju vs. Misawa and Kobashi vs. Kojima and the Hangman

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here's the thread for the competition.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I spent the first five months of my TCW save building up Mighty Mo as the next babyface world champion. He just suffered an injury and a failed surgery that will put him out for over a year.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, gently caress me. I have thought of something very dumb and am now seeing it to it's conclusion:

1998 WWF In Medias Res Brawl 4 All

So I need recommendations for who should be IN the Brawl 4 All.

Obviously I can also sign people to join the World Wrestling Federation with these different style fights, but it's the Brawl 4 All so do nothing mid carders are what would be traditional.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

my picks are, al snow, perry saturn and john kronus, homicide, mortis, gangrel (the vampire warrior who is fanging and banging) PCO, bart gunn and sid.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Aja Kong takes the crown or we riot.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Claytor posted:

Aja Kong takes the crown or we riot.

She's paralyzed otherwise I would be pushing for that too.

Imo Jacqueline.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Just put all the unimportant workers in the Brawl-For-All minus Mortis, Aja Kong and Chavo. That way they'll get the match ratings Brawl-For-All richly deserves.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So it isn't yet time (which is to say I've not pre-cooked the brawl for all stuff, that comes later this week) but either way I'm doing post-WrestleMania realignment of variables for the WWF 1998 In Medias Res game at https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I decided to also start a 1997 WWF game; So far not much has changed but I'm only a couple of weeks in. I have signed Raven and formed the Flock, I bought in Bryan Clarke as the first member and I'm planning on adding Fake Diesel to the fold when I drop that gimmick along with Matt Borne working a Split Personality gimmick like when he was Borne Again in ECW. Just generally going with the idea of him recruiting people at their lowest and using them as warm bodies.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok I am approaching the end of 1997 in WWF and with it comes a big change...with nXt (which I started 15 years or so early). So watching Karmic's streams I realized you can give your developmental companies TV deals which will allow your developmental guys to gain pop on a nation-wide level, making them more TV-ready when they are finally called up to your company. I also learned that you generally have to use your own network for this as networks won't deal with dev companies because their production values are too low (and for whatever reason you can't invest in them). So I gave nXt a TV show and two repeating weekly events (I think the difference is in attendance and also the match/angle ratios). I moved some guys I had initially called up back down because getting them over otherwise would have been a royal shitshow.

In doing this I realized that despite giving nXt a month's warning to get the Heavyweight title off of Mark Henry when I called him up that they didn't do it. They had to vacate the title. Then I discovered that for some reason the nXt heavyweight title was only defended by Henry once. In 9 months. And before that it had been vacant from the time of its creation from September 1996 to Henry winning it in February 97. And nXt has NEVER crowned tag champs. They have the belts, but no champions. So I replaced Mark Hildebrand as booker with Bushwhacker Luke. (Hildebrand sucked as a booker anyway. It was just a character hire because you can't really mess up the booking of company that's just intended to be a place to train people).

Then after all that I send Henry right back down regardless. Now I have 6 call-ups left on my roster. The Hardyz, D'Lo, Christopher Daniels, Lance Storm and Tajiri. I need to figure out if I want to muscle through getting them over on the main show or if I want to send them back for a few months. Tajiri actually has something going on so he'll be staying. The others I'm not so sure. Storm is super ready to be a player in the company but getting him over the popularity hump sucks. The Hardyz are one of my best performing tag teams even now as they are the team with the lowest pop. D'Lo and Daniels could stand to go back.

I also signed a few more young guys to round out the nXt roster because they have 6 hours of programming a week now instead of 1 and a half. Kaz Hayashi is one of them. I decided to give him the best gimmick ever and debut it on WWF Armageddon before sending him down. I'm sure it'll work out great.

UPDATE:
I am a genius!

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 4, 2020

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:yeshaha:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Hey I've been thinking about getting TEW for my own amusement. I've never played a wrestling management game before. Is there anything I would need to know before diving in? Any pitfalls to avoid or versions that I should stick to?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Brawl 4 All Hype.

Please vote for your favorite fighters: http://www.strawpoll.me/21219652

SirPhoebos posted:

Hey I've been thinking about getting TEW for my own amusement. I've never played a wrestling management game before. Is there anything I would need to know before diving in? Any pitfalls to avoid or versions that I should stick to?

So, here the thing about TEW, what are you hoping to accomplish in TEW. Because every version is filtered through a very specific lens as to what wrestling is. The biggest thing is that the numbers are very wonky for several different reasons so decide for yourself how much you care about what the numbers say and what you think sounds like a good idea or cool.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's Time.

The Brawl 4 All

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

karmicknight posted:

So, here the thing about TEW, what are you hoping to accomplish in TEW. Because every version is filtered through a very specific lens as to what wrestling is. The biggest thing is that the numbers are very wonky for several different reasons so decide for yourself how much you care about what the numbers say and what you think sounds like a good idea or cool.

My idea is to put the characters from Touhou in a wrestling promotion (or three, given the number of characters) but I want to frame this as occurring in Gensyoko. So one of the things I'm looking for is the ability to modify locations, global assumptions, etc.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
(yeah I don't know how to help with that project)

So it's time to find something interesting to do with the WWF during the build to King of the Ring 1998.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's Monday and that means the project to burn all of the WWF's money continues unabated on it's way to the 22nd! In Your House pay per view. Featuring the following matches:

Ron Simmons (WWF World Champion) vs. Brian Pillman
Taka Michinoku and Shoichi Funaki vs. Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi (WWF Tag Team Champions)
Homicide vs. Owen Hart - For the Honor of the Brawl 4 All.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
In the continuing adventures of "I have only so much content for this thread because I'm streaming this video game" It's Wednesday at 5 and I'm building to the King of the Ring with an expanded 16 participants (the round of 16 coming as qualifying matches) featuring the stars of the world wrestling federation.

King of the Ring Qualifiers: (Faction in Parenthesis)
Rey Misterio Jr (Planet Hollywood) vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (Planet Hollywood)
The Rock (Planet Hollywood) vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (Bullet Club)
Steve Austin (The Last Outlaws) vs. Kenta Kobashi (Planet Hollywood)
William Regal (The Last Outlaws) vs. Dean Malenko (The Powerrr Players)
Christian Cage (Bullet Club) vs. Emi Sakura
Jeff Jarrett (The Last Outlaws) vs. Jacqueline (The Last Outlaws)
Mankind Dude Love vs. Bret Hart (The Dark Order)
Dustin Rhodes (Bullet Club) vs. Owen Hart (Tully's Wrestling Enterprises)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm just starting out actually using tew but im pretty stoked on it and the 1993 wcw mod im playing so far. i have sting and British bulldog facing the Hollywood blonds in semi final matches for the US title, cactus jack doing a proto Daniel Bryan movement thing bc hes the only person crazy enough to take on vader, Ron Simmons and teddy long looking for a tag partner in "last ten minutes with an all american" matches, i loving love early 90s wcw lol.

Paul orndorff as a life coach trying to help quarter life crisis scotty flamingo get his life in order lol. that one is just my little pet storyline

shiksa fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 12, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's time for King of the Ring 1998 (featuring Brawl 4 All Special - Shamrock vs. Homicide)

The King of the Ring Tournament:
Rey Misterio Jr vs. The Rock
Steve Austin vs. William Regal
Winner of Cage/Sakura vs. Jacqueline
Dude Love vs. Winner of Rhodes/O. Hart

Semi-Final A (Mysterio Jr/Rock vs. Austin/Regal)
Semi-Final B (Cage/Sakura/Jacqueline vs. Love/Rhodes/O. Hart)

King of the Ring Finals

Brawl 4 All Special:
Ken Shamrock vs. Homicide

World Wrestling Federation World Title Match:
Ron Simmons (c) vs. Brian Pillman (Sr)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

So, King of the Ring occurred, Dude Love came out of it with the big win and the match with Ron Simmons at SummerSlam.

So now it is all about building to SummerSlam with the stepping stone In Your House PPV along the way.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hey just as a heads up, check your database randomly generated team names for gross poo poo. Karmic's stream just had a super gross name pop up as a tag team.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

My long term WWF save continues it's march towards Y2K with the build towards SummerSlam 1998 featuring Dude Love vs. Ron Simmons.

Come see TEW so successful I'm not sure I am capable of stopping it. And then I will scramble to escape before Dynamite starts.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
As it is Friday it has become time for the second biggest event on the WWF calendar, SummerSlam 1998 is coming by the end of the stream. It will feature a number of title matches and other BIG moves.

WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Dude Love vs. Ron Simmons (c)
+ A long time coming, it's the former Mankind, the former leader of the Dark Order, having turned over a new leaf as the leader of the misfits Dude Love vs. the World Champion, the most successful member of the Dark Order and it's new leader the Chaos King Ron Simmons.
WWF NXT Division Championship: Adam Cage vs. The Rock (c)
+ The Rock seeks to avenge a loss to the brother of the intercontinenal champion in tag competition and is waiving his usual few to face him for the NXT belt.
WWF World Tag Team Championship: Bret Hart and X vs. Misawa and Kobashi (c)
+ Bret Hart and his tag team partner X will face off against one of the greatest tag teams ever, and the tag team of 1997 (as voted by the subscribers of the wrestling observer newsletter), of Misawa and Kobashi.
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rey Misterio Jr vs. Christian Cage (c)
+ The Cleaner Christian Cage's luck has to run out at some point as the Intercontinental Champion and Rey Misterio Jr is just the type of guy who could accomplish it.
Brawl 4 All Special Presentation: Ken Shamrock vs. Steve Blackman
+ insert Fire Pro video here.
The Golden Guns (Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Dustin Rhodes) vs. The Hollywood Blonds (Steve Austin and Brian Pillman)
The Last Outlaws vs. Bullet Club : Jacqueline, Jeff Jarrett, Stevey Funk, and Terry Funk vs. Billy Gunn, Bart Gunn, Jeff Hardy, and Matt Hardy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, SummerSlam '98 is in the books, and this means I am following that up with the walk towards survivor series and in general the post-summer realignment as I figure out if I am really going to have Dick Togo win the Royal Rumble.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

It's time for more WWF 1998, with probably the second weakest match to ever main event a WWF PPV in this save, after the Brawl 4 All Finals.

WWF In Your House: Believe In the Dark Order

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ron Simmons status, still the World Champion and will face The Rock at the next In Your House (IYH: Die Rocky Die is a working title)
The Rock, the NXT Division Champion.
Rey Misterio Jr, the Intercontinental Champion (for the Second Time)
Hunter Helmsley and Dustin Rhodes, the Tag Team Champions, having defeated Misawa and Kobashi due to interference by Toshiaki Kawada(!)

Pillman is a in Drugs Jail, Aja Kong has a Kidney Infection, and Devon Dudley has a semi-severed spinal column.

It's the World Wrestling Federation 1998, and things are weird

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

It's (almost) time for In Your House: Die Rocky Die.

Rock vs. Ron Simmons

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's Wednesday which means it is time for the build to Survivor Series 1998 with two Big Deals going into it (and several smaller deals as well, actually) The first is the match for the very soul of the World Wrestling Federation, as Jesse Ventura's chosen team of the Powerrr Players (Shawn Michaels, Dean Malenko, Steve Corino, Shane Douglas, Mike Awesome (w/ Jim Cornette) take on the part-union, part-gang of Kaientai DX (Raven, Dick Togo, Shiryu, Men's Teioh, Taka Michinoku, and Shoichi Funaki) with Jesse Venutra's job title of "Special Assistant to World Wrestling Federation President Gorilla Monsoon" on the line.

The other Big Deal (that we've made since before Die Rocky Die) is the debut of the mysterious newest member of the Bullet Club, the SWITCHBLADE (BREATHE WITH THE SWITCHBLADE) who has been promoted by Bullet Club leadership as taking part in whatever the Bullet Club will be doing as a unit at Survivor Series.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

It's time for Survivor Series 1998: Featuring the Battle for the soul of the WWF.

Battle for the Soul of the World Wrestling Federation (If Kaientai wins they gain control of Jesse Ventura's office, if The Power Players win Kaientai disbands): Kaientai DX (Dick Togo, Taka Michunoku, Shoici Funaki, Men's Teioh, and Shiryu) vs. The Powerrr Players (Steve Corino, Dean Malenko, Shawn Michaels, Shane Douglas, and Mike Awesome)
World Championship Match: William Regal vs. Ron Simmons (c)
NXT Championship Match in Ichigaya Chocolate Square, "No Finishers" Rules: Emi Sakura vs. Christian Cage (c)
War Games: Planet Hollywood (Rey Misterio Jr, The Rock, Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi) vs. The Rottweilers (Unknown of Homicide, Toshiaki Kawada, D'lo Brown, Kimo, Ekmo, and Bill Goldberg)
Traditional Survivor Series Match: The Dark Order (Bret Hart, X, Aja Kong, PCO) vs. Eddy Gurrero, Kurt Angle, Ken Shamrock, and Jerry Lynn
Traditional Survivor Series Match: The Last Outlaws (Jeff Jarrett, Stevey Funk, Terry Funk, Jacqueline, Satoshi Kojima) vs. Bullet Club (Alex Wright, Bad Luck Fatu, Kama Mustafa, Arn Anderson, and "The Switchblade")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The World Wrestling Federation in the year 1998 is proud exit the year in style with preparations being made for WWF In Your House 26: Winter Is Coming, named after a quote from a fairly obscure fantasy novel that just had its sequel released in the UK and will be releasing in the United States after the Royal Rumble. I'm sure you've never heard of it, but we here at the WWF think it's neat.

Oh and William Regal is now the World Champion.