Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Meanwhile, here's this absolute bullshit https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2..._medium=twitter

quote:

Vince McMahon issued an edict this past week that talent can no longer "engage with outside third parties," which would presumably include platforms like Cameo and Twitch.

McMahon held a call with talent last Sunday regarding the reinvention of the product. During the call, McMahon said that WWE owns the real names of talent, not just their character names.

McMahon followed up the call by sending a letter on Thursday. McMahon wrote that it was imperative that they promote and protect the brand in every conceivable way, and that talent have 30 days to stop engaging with third parties.

"Some of you are engaged with outside third parties using your name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to our company," McMahon wrote. "It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension, or termination at WWE's discretion."

McMahon wrote that the these actions are necessary as part of WWE's rebuilding process as they "enter the next phase of growth at WWE."

It will be interesting to see if this is legal in any way. WWE wrestlers are classified as independent contractors, which has been heavily criticized in the past by shows like HBO's Last Week Tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I know.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Having actual human loving names instead of poo poo like "Roman Reigns" and "Big E" makes that graphic look so much better, ironically.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tonight WWE will launch WWETCH and WWEMEO!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

In a dark room somewhere, Daniel Bryan's head snaps to the side and he sniffs the air. "........tout?" he asks quietly.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

WWETCH, the hot new mash-up between WWE and retching.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Didn't WWE have a big stake in some sort of social media company about a decade ago? Something similar to Vine?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The cumming Leati Joseph Anoa'i statue is back

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Didn't WWE have a big stake in some sort of social media company about a decade ago? Something similar to Vine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7G4izIc9XQ&t=6s

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If Daniel Bryan is on every stream shouting "TOUT! TOUT! TOUT! TOUT!" that might get me to buy it, ngl

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
the fake crowd noise is really annoying especially during a promo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol I think Graves was legit pissed at the Carmella line

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
paul is cutting a "heel" promo about how scummy wwe corporate is and uhhh let's just say someone missed the target here

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This heel stuff would have been better like 5 years ago when people wanted it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I'll give it this, at least Heyman delivered a different promo than the rote bullshit he's been doing for the last 5 years or so.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Im willing to give him a chance as a heel, but when he speaks he looks like he's about ready to crack up at any time.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Oh gently caress you Fox News

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh gently caress you Fox News

I mean I agree on general principle, but why?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jerusalem posted:

I mean I agree on general principle, but why?

Idk if this was outside of my market but they had Fat Guy and Blonde Lady talking about how being right is so important etc especially now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Idk if this was outside of my market but they had Fat Guy and Blonde Lady talking about how being right is so important etc especially now

I'm not in the US so didn't get that, but yeah that's a good "gently caress Fox News" reason. Was the fat guy Brodus Clay? Didn't he get sued for two separate sexual harassment claims?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is what you get for being on Cameo, Big E!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Xavier Woods is whiter with redder hair than I remember.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
There have been like 3 unsmashed birthday cakes in wrestling in the past 40 years. Just stop. Your cake won't be used for your intended purpose!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
When did Sheamus adopt the 1910s strongman look?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why is Sheamus from the 19th century now?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There have been like 3 unsmashed birthday cakes in wrestling in the past 40 years. Just stop. Your cake won't be used for your intended purpose!!

Plus Renee isn't there to clean up the floor cake anymore.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Balor and Banks! I guess we now have Bayley's canon last name.

Bayley Balor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So.... why aren't you punishing Sheamus?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nia's here to stink up the joint again

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nia was trying to tag in before the bell even rang

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sheamus' disgusting actions have put another competitor in hospital and we take that very seriously, so we're going to let Sheamus stay in the match to try and get a title shot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shayna is way stronger than Nia, ahaha

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bayley and Sasha seem to be the faces here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They missed the loving powerbomb spot :cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bayley and Sasha seem to be the faces here

Oh sure, just because they support each other, work cohesively as a team, worry and feel concern for each other and celebrate each other's success suddenly they're :airquote: faces :airquote:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

They missed the loving powerbomb spot :cripes:

Probably just hedging their bets Nia would make it look like poo poo, which she did

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bizarre heel/face alignments aside, this is a good match. No shock, anything involving Sasha and Bayley usually is.

Commentary are selling Shayna as the heel here.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol that finish

That was really a very face-in-peril segment on Sasha.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay no bullshit that was straight up a babyface performance by Bayley and Sasha, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Okay no bullshit that was straight up a babyface performance by Bayley and Sasha, right?

Yeah, for sure. Maybe this was a face turn for them? It seems like it definitely was one for Sasha.