Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
dine in isn't allowed so I went for delivery. The website said delivery was free so, hell why not. The restaurant called me after I made the order to inform me that actually delivery is 5 dollars and he'll be stopping by in 45 minutes.

I'm going to be mad if the portion size thats delivered is way smaller than what is served in person.

has anyone else seen this scam where delivery is shown to be free but its not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
i eat rear end

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope you got extra egg rolls and duck sauce (which is actually apricots)

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
how's edmonton treating you now, op?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

It's got to be some sort of fraud where the delivery fee is exorbitant and not declared

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
next time I'm getting greek schwarma.

Its way better than chinese anyway.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I ordered Chinese for dinner too op. The place I order from has a combined wonton/egg drop soup and it is v. Good

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

TheAardvark posted:

I ordered Chinese for dinner too op. The place I order from has a combined wonton/egg drop soup and it is v. Good

I've never had egg drop soup before. Is it just soup with a boiled egg in it?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I just did the math. Its hard to say yet but this place used to have ridiculous portion sizes when you dined in. If this is anything like other takeout I've seen I might actually get half as much food.

If I'm paying 30% more for half the food. my value proposition is only 0.5/1.3 = 0.38

Which is not good!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

who the heck orders just one item for delivery? I would charge you $5 if you only wanted one thing delivered too

tbh this might be why they're charging you $5, you might not have hit a minimum delivery amount

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

How’d ur zoom movie date go OP

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
I had Indian food delivered, it was delicious, sorry you got ripped off OP

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Crusty Nutsack posted:

who the heck orders just one item for delivery? I would charge you $5 if you only wanted one thing delivered too

tbh this might be why they're charging you $5, you might not have hit a minimum delivery amount

I don't normally order delivery but if it was free this time I thought why not.

didn't know I had to spend so much.

My food just arrived, only took 20m even though they said 45 which was a surprise. Portion is noticeable smaller than what is given dining in, maybe only 75%. A bit disappointed but not as much as expected.

value prop ratio of 0.57. 0/10 will not do again. sorry chinese restaurant

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Thai vs Chinese vs Indian?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

PTSDeedly Do posted:

How’d ur zoom movie date go OP

we didn't watch a movie. we just talked for 2 hours and then I got invited for bubble tea for about 15 minutes, most of which was standing in line talking through masks. I paid for both of our drinks.

Haven't heard much back since.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

PTSDeedly Do posted:

Thai vs Chinese vs Indian?

Indian.

I don't even know the difference between thai and chinese food tbh

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Methanar posted:

Indian.

I don't even know the difference between thai and chinese food tbh

did you tip the delivery guy

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

TheAardvark posted:

did you tip the delivery guy

He got his 5 dollar tip.

And he makes 15 dollars an hour.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Methanar posted:

He got his 5 dollar tip.

Oh my God you loving suck. Jesus christ

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

TheAardvark posted:

Oh my God you loving suck. Jesus christ

do you tip your walmart shelf stockers

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
1)orders one thing and gets mad there's a delivery fee
2)can't tell the difference between chinese and thai food
3)doesn't tip a delivery guy

Op, I don't think your dates going to call you back

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Methanar posted:

He got his 5 dollar tip.

Wow, you are a bad poster. Hope your chinese food gives you rear end worms.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

So did you yell "HEY HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE?!?!" at him the second he rolled up?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the small local chines place not too far from me hasnt been open in months now. :( it was really good

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

gary oldmans diary posted:

the small local chines place not too far from me hasnt been open in months now. :( it was really good

probably couldn't afford to keep paying those damned lazy delivery drivers $15 an hour(??)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Its probably $14 an hour and that's Canadian loonies not real money.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

probably couldn't afford to keep paying those damned lazy delivery drivers $15 an hour(??)
mods knew

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Methanar posted:

It's got to be some sort of fraud where the delivery fee is exorbitant and not declared

You're a clown if you think $5 is an "exorbitant" delivery fee. But yes I agree it being undeclared is a problem.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

$15 an hour? assuming you live in the US, the delivery driver makes the minimum tipped wage, which in a ton of places is $2.13. unless you live in a certain few municipalities, he does not make $15/hr

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

You probably misread and it said free delivery over some amount, like almost every Chinese place I've ever seen. Also gently caress you for not tipping.

Edit: try living on $15/hr working part time in Alberta. I've done it and it sucks.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I never did understand the point of having a delivery fee and a expected tip. Don't get me wrong I never stiff a delivery driver, but I do pretty much never get delivery either because outside of being too drunk to drive it doesn't seem worth the surcharge. You get 20 bucks worth of pizza and suddenly it's costing you 30, it's a bad deal no matter how you slice it.

In particular I remember a time when deliveries were mostly free, then suddenly the fee showed up with a * about how it wasn't a tip and it was just sorta like, then what exactly is it? Where is this money going?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Puk gai, OP

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Why didn't you get mu shu pork, OP? Why??

And in general, always order multiple items so you can (a) have some drat variety while you eat and (b) have delicious leftovers the next day.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I never did understand the point of having a delivery fee and a expected tip. Don't get me wrong I never stiff a delivery driver, but I do pretty much never get delivery either because outside of being too drunk to drive it doesn't seem worth the surcharge. You get 20 bucks worth of pizza and suddenly it's costing you 30, it's a bad deal no matter how you slice it.

In particular I remember a time when deliveries were mostly free, then suddenly the fee showed up with a * about how it wasn't a tip and it was just sorta like, then what exactly is it? Where is this money going?

The food wasn't as great as I remembered and there was absolutely, significantly less food than what I got back in february when I last ate from this place. And its now just way more expensive. Sorry, guess you get to go out of business.

I'm going to just keep going to the mall food court since takeout, delivered or not, always sucks and gives you less food than in-person. The food court is, as far as I can tell, the only place you can sit in.

Expensive lessons were learned tonight.

This thread has reached its conclusion. Thanks for reading

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I don't think so, OP.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Take out doesn’t actually give you less food than dining in op you’re just real dumb or something

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

hakimashou posted:

Take out doesn’t actually give you less food than dining in op you’re just real dumb or something

I've only ever gotten takeout like 3 times, two Indian and this chinese place tonight.

All 3 times the small containers I was given were absolutely not the equivalent to normal sized plates.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Methanar posted:

I've only ever gotten takeout like 3 times, two Indian and this chinese place tonight.

All 3 times the small containers I was given were absolutely not the equivalent to normal sized plates.

dump it on a plate next time you moron, it's the same. it always looks like less in compact takeout containers than spread out on a plate

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Methanar posted:

What is the rest of your diet like OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Crusty Nutsack posted:

dump it on a plate next time you moron, it's the same. it always looks like less in compact takeout containers than spread out on a plate

I measure it by how full I feel after eating it. I just ate whatever I was given in like 10 minutes no problem. When I went last it was like a 30 minute affair of attrition to eat everything I was given without waste.