Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Methanar posted:

I measure it by how full I feel after eating it. I just ate whatever I was given in like 10 minutes no problem. When I went last it was like a 30 minute affair of attrition to eat everything I was given without waste.

sounds super scientific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
oh, there was some waste alright

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

TheAardvark posted:

What is the rest of your diet like OP?

I eat a lot of eggs, pre-bagged salads and oatmeal. I like those cans of mini corn cobs, sometimes for a snack I'll just eat them raw out of the can. Canned peas and steamed broccoli (sometimes with cheese).
Chicken fingers with lots of hot sauce twice a week.

The variety hasn't been great recently to be honest. I used to spend more time cooking and trying new things but I've lost the motivation to be creative about it. Its definitely at least partly due to the poorer cooking facilities and lack of counter space where I live now compared to my old house.

I'm trying to supplement that by eating out more to have things I normally don't cook myself. Going to the mall foodcourt is a good excuse to get out of the house and I get some cheap, different food from what I have been making myself.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Crusty Nutsack posted:

minimum tipped wage, which in a ton of places is $2.13. unless you live in a certain few municipalities, he does not make $15/hr

oregon and washington do full minimum wage for tipped workers too

op is still a poo poo

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Goast posted:

oregon and washington do full minimum wage for tipped workers too

op is still a poo poo

https://www.alberta.ca/minimum-wage.aspx

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

yes and we still tip people here, rear end in a top hat

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
also

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

That's not how it works.

Canadian employees in Canada aren't buying things in US dollars hth.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
im sorry the canadian dollar is worth less than the american dollar and how confused you are by that

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I might order Chinese food in the next few days, but I’ll probably do a better job if it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

EL BROMANCE posted:

I might order Chinese food in the next few days, but I’ll probably do a better job if it.

You'd pretty much have to cough in the delivery guy's mouth to be worse at delivery than the OP.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Goast posted:

im sorry the canadian dollar is worth less than the american dollar and how confused you are by that

1. Inflation Rates
2. Interest Rates
3. Country’s Current Account / Balance of Payments
4. Government Debt
5. Terms of Trade
6. Political Stability & Performance
7. Recession
8. Speculation

quick explain to me how the difference in these factors between the US and Canada that govern the exchange rates inequitably affect the closed system of a canadian employee in canada being paid in canadian dollars and spending those canadian dollars in canada by a factor of 133%

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Methanar posted:

the mall foodcourt

A food "court" at a mall is somewhere where you grab an indulgent snack because you have been out all day and need a few decadent tasty calories.

They are Not a place where you go for general meals and nutrition.

It weirds me out that you refer to a food court in a shopping mall as typical and normal place to buy a meal.

Also, order at least 2-3 dishes at time, even if it goes to leftovers.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Internetjack posted:

A food "court" at a mall is somewhere where you grab an indulgent snack because you have been out all day and need a few decadent tasty calories.

It weirds me out that you refer to a food court in a shopping mall as typical and normal place to buy a meal.

I for one am not surprised that a guy whose diet consists of canned corn and chicken nuggets considers the food court a go-to restaurant lol

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Methanar posted:

1. Inflation Rates
2. Interest Rates
3. Country’s Current Account / Balance of Payments
4. Government Debt
5. Terms of Trade
6. Political Stability & Performance
7. Recession
8. Speculation

quick explain to me how the difference in these factors between the US and Canada that govern the exchange rates inequitably affect the closed system of a canadian employee in canada being paid in canadian dollars and spending those canadian dollars in canada by a factor of 133%

that has literally nothing to do with the fact that delivery guy gets paid 15cad/hour, the equivalent of 11.48usd/hour to put in perspective for us yankees, and you somehow think that is justification to stiff them on the tip

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
so if lets say a big mac costs $4 in the us in us dollars i can infer from what methanar is saying about spending power that it probably costs like $2.75 in canadian dollars up there

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

TheAardvark posted:

I for one am not surprised that a guy whose diet consists of canned corn and chicken nuggets considers the food court a go-to restaurant lol

I love all the goons and their weirdness. I feel like, as a team or family we have to shout out when someone is veering off into the deep grass. "Hey, back this way! Don't go that way!" Food court dining definitely falls into that category.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do delivery drivers working for a specific restaurant split tips with the rest of the staff like waiters do? I assume not, right?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Internetjack posted:

The restaurants at the food court are just renting space in the mall. Most are chains that exist just fine in their own dedicated buildings.

There is nothing worse about the food just because its in the foodcourt, its just a convenient place to stop and get some food after a pleasant drive over the yellowhead, down 170th and a bit of exercise walking through the mall for a while.

Lately I've been getting schwarma plates, big plates of that vertical meat spit thing, steamed vegetables, rice and their yogurt sauce from one of the greek places. All for only 12 dollars. I think its great.

Goast posted:

that has literally nothing to do with the fact that delivery guy gets paid 15cad/hour, the equivalent of 11.48usd/hour to put in perspective for us yankees, and you somehow think that is justification to stiff them on the tip

the cad-usd exchange rate only matters if you're buying things either denominated in US dollars or things imported from the US. Most things normal people buy are neither.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do delivery drivers working for a specific restaurant split tips with the rest of the staff like waiters do? I assume not, right?

cash definitely not.

tipping is mostly facilitating income tax fraud

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I am pretty curious about this. I'd ask the guy who delivers for my go to place since he's super nice, but between his English and my Mandarin I don't think I could get the question across lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
an abundance of reasons to not tip itt

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Methanar posted:

the cad-usd exchange rate only matters if you're buying things either denominated in US dollars or things imported from the US. Most things normal people buy are neither.

the things you buy with canadian dollars in canada cost more canadian dollars than the same thing in the US bought with usd because your currency is worth less, same thing applies to labor

lets look at this lamp on amazon.ca

hmm, 49.99 is a bit pricey for a loving lamp but whatever

now look at it on amazon.com, the amerikkkan version

WOW, 39.99 so much cheaper

but wait poo poo they basically cost the same

oh no help this is so hard

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Methanar posted:

cash definitely not.

tipping is mostly facilitating income tax fraud

you seem to have a very negative view of minimum wage workers op

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Goast posted:

us yankees

also why do americans always need to make everything about themselves.

gently caress off your empire is collapsing

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Goast posted:

oh no help this is so hard

Methanar posted:

Buying things from amazon is importing them from the US.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

y'all should tip your drivers because many have to use their own car and maybe get like a dollar from their employers per delivery out of the fee as if that will help with gas. especially canadian gas prices.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

esperterra posted:

y'all should tip your drivers because many have to use their own car and maybe get like a dollar from their employers per delivery out of the fee as if that will help with gas. especially canadian gas prices.

The automobile allowance rates for 2019 are:
58¢ per kilometre for the first 5,000 kilometres driven.

With gas being less than a $1/litre, unless you have the worst car in the world, this more than covers gas prices.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Methanar posted:

With gas being less than a $1/litre, unless you have the worst car in the world, this more than covers gas prices.

while we are at it you are ignoring the cost of the car itself and maintence

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Methanar posted:

so when you tip 1 canadian dollar to your delivery driver how much change do you ask for back?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Goast posted:

while we are at it you are ignoring the cost of the car itself and maintence

do you believe the canadian mileage reimbursement rate doesn't cover the cost of operating a vehicle?

you should send a letter to the cra

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Methanar posted:

Buying things from amazon is importing them from the US.

lmao what

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Methanar posted:

do you believe the canadian mileage reimbursement rate doesn't cover the cost of operating a vehicle?

you said it covers fuel cost, that is not the entire cost of operating a vehicle

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Depending on how wide the establishment's delivery range is 1 loonie most certainly does not cover gas. As well as any maint costs for constantly driving their own car for work.

Do you also not tip servers?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Goast posted:

you said it covers fuel cost, that is not the entire cost of operating a vehicle

okay lets say you have a car that gets 15l/100km. Not unreasonable.

that's 0.15l per km or $0.15. That leaves you with a difference of 0.58-0.15.58 = 0.43 cents remaining per km travelled to cover oil changes, engine and tire wear.

yeah i actually do think that covers the cost of vehicle operation. the government got this one right.

Seems to be enough for all jobs that require mileage accounting, not just delivery drivers. But anyway the whole thing is a bit redundant since I'm not going to get delivery again.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Methanar posted:

The restaurants at the food court are just renting space in the mall. Most are chains that exist just fine in their own dedicated buildings.

There is nothing worse about the food just because its in the foodcourt, its just a convenient place to stop and get some food after a pleasant drive over the yellowhead, down 170th and a bit of exercise walking through the mall for a while.

I'll admit I have not dined in a shopping mall in over a decade. I have no reason to believe a shop in the court cannot deliver a healthy meal at a decent price.
History and experience has taught me otherwise. Salty and sugary foods at marked up prices is what pays the rent for those vendors. It tastes good! But you have to look at $12 a meal price tag... A person can eat at home, 3 meals breakfast lunch and dinner, healthy and full for $12 a day. Not just one meal.

More to the point of the thread though, if you are ordering delivery, you should be willing to spend a few bucks, order a couple of entrees so it is worth their time, otherwise you are just "one of those".

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

A possible fee and always a tip is part of getting food delivered. It's basically the cost of getting bad food brought to you so you don't have to leave the house. This is also why you load up on shameful amount of food so you can eat pizza for like 3 days after.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Methanar posted:

But anyway the whole thing is a bit redundant since I'm not going to get delivery again.

anyone that tries to justify not tipping as much as you should just eat at home forever

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

it's almost like delivery costs more because it's convenient for one party and more work for the other :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im picturing methanar paying the delivery driver with exact change that he had set aside and then acting confused about he distinctly remembers adding a large tip thats mysteriously vanished. then he opens his wallet and the moth he planted inside flies out