Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
How the gently caress do you get lost at arches? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

nael posted:

I remember when I was on the AT there was a guy who would hike with Bluetooth speakers. He was always blasting Phish, as is expected. At one of the shelters he was complaining about how some old man was "being a real dick" and telling him to just get some headphones. He then went on about how he plays his music to make the hiking experience better and more chill for everyone else.

If you're in a private group and away from anyone else then yeah do what you wanna do, but a public area isn't the place for that.

Apparently squirrels sometimes steal speakers and smash them into pieces, maybe next time they'll be around.

Idiots in the outdoors. I've learnt that literally anyone on an ATV is likely human garbage, likely doesn't give a poo poo about litter or keeping the environment clean, and likely doesn't give a poo poo about anyone else

Lots of exceptions, but if you want to generalize an entire group of people it's a pretty safe bet.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

xzzy posted:

Was in earshot of the camp host too, their claim the next morning was they can only report noise problems to the police and not actually engage with the offenders.

Lol, what's even the point?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

xzzy posted:

Chilling out in a NF campground waiting for dark to watch the meteor shower tonight, hear occasional "go on, get!" commands from other campsites and they're getting louder and closer. Then of course it's my turn for an unleashed dog to stroll into my campsite and sniff at all my poo poo.

No one ever comes for the dog, no one claims ownership, apparently it's a brand new community pupper for us all to take care of.

What kind of cretin do you have to be to set up camp, leave your dog unleashed, then leave it behind to gently caress off for an exciting day of making GBS threads up public lands?

(making an assumption on the last part but it's probably correct)

Congrats on your new pet.

Seriously, if they've actually left it loose and unsupervised for the day take it with you and sell it online to a family that'll take care of it.

Improperly supervised animals gently caress so much poo poo up. Dogs aren't so bad but they'll still kill poo poo. We had a deer get killed right next to a dog park in town. I arrived a few hours after the incident and it'd snowed recently so with the amount of blood and tracks you could see how the whole thing went down. Really hosed up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Little bags of poo poo left on the side of trails and roads drives me loving nuts as well. Either take it with you or flick off the trail or just loving leave it. Littering and making it impossible to decompose seems actively irresponsible.

I read one person's explanation on face book and it was 'I leave them on the trail and pick them up when I come back', but I'm pretty sure half the people who do this just say gently caress it or go another way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We have one bike/hike trail that used to cross a cattle grazing tenure and the grazier was getting pissed off about off leash dogs chasing his cows. It came to a head where there was talk about any dogs seen on the property being shot on sight. Que the outraged dog owners ranting about how if anyone shot their dog they'd blah blah blah.