Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

stratdax posted:

Europe has basically no true wilderness left so they probably think "ah we'll just get water at the park's cafe when we need some".

this isn't strictly true as parts of russia are in europe

e: i think iceland is also in europe? that place is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

To be honest I can't imagine what it was like before having tons and tons of mapping data avaliable to me on a tiny handheld device. I imagine we have plenty of people here whove been on long trips without it but the Internet and technology has insanely spoiled me when it comes to information and planning.

Google maps probably would of saved the German tourists.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's sorta impossible to say. Of course they might not of bothered planning it in advance but you can save routes for offline use so you don't need data to navigate. That wouldn't of stopped them from taking a 'shortcut' of course but maybe even just being able to Google where they were going in advance would of given them a better idea? Anyways, I just think technology is cool and I appreciate it