Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I saw a family heading to King's Peak, both the kids were wearing converses. It's 13 miles one way and it gets kinda rocky in some spots. I have no idea if they made it or not but that just seemed like a horrible choice of footwear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Y’all need to read Death in Grand Canyon. It is absolutely fascinating the variety of ways people are stupid there and die from it. I don’t know what the most recent edition of it is, but it’s been revised a couple times since first printing to add more death accounts.

I recently read through this, there's a never ending supply of idiots out there who will ignore trail signs, ignore rangers, and then do something stupid that they were warned about. Some of them were just sad, like the boy scouts or the marathon runner. They were misled and ended up in super lovely situations. I also read Death in Yellowstone and it's more of the same; people doing dumb poo poo or underestimating nature