Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

h3r0n posted:

This. This. This. This.

Tourists that think its a good idea to pose with: bears, bison, moose, etc etc.... Lets take a selfie with the ~500 lb plus animal.

I grew up in Niagara Falls and our equivalent was people standing on the slippery rocks/climbing over the railing right at the brink of the falls to get a better shot, or pose or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I'm not sure if they count as idiots so much as unprepared or something? Maybe that makes them idiots? I dunno, you be the judge.
Probably 10 years ago my GF at the time and I were on a day trip in a canoe. Basically, we each paid about 40 bucks to an "outfitter", they piled use, and a bunch of other people in to a bus drove us upstream with a bunch of canoes. Dumped us off and said "see ya back at the park where you got on the bus"!

The river was mostly shallow, slow, meandering water with the occasional narrow spot where the water sped up a bit and there were some riffles and whatnot. Not really a challenge for anyone who'd paddled a canoe more than twice. I'd been on a few canoe trips to Algonquin Park at that point, and my GF had done a bunch of paddling with me at various places so we weren't complete amateurs at it.

We come around a bend and see a canoe stuck on some rocks. Its shallow, they ain't going anywhere. Its a dude in the back, woman in the front and their small (2ish?) year old child screaming in the middle. The dude is trying but not having much success, the woman ain't doing poo poo, kid is screaming.
We ask them if they need help, they reply in the affirmative. The water was somewhat quick, but not that bad. It was shallow at least, maybe a bit more than ankle deep.
I shove my paddle into some rocks and my GF gets out grabs the front of the canoe and does a bit of pushing, some pulling, some lifting and telling (telling them to stick paddle there, push that way, etc.). The dude is trying but the woman still ain't doing poo poo and the kid is still screaming.

They get loose from the rocks and the dude is trying to keep the thing straight as they careen down the river but they're pretty much going in circles. They're literally bouncing off rocks, and spinning around in circles as they go downstream. GF gets back in the canoe and we follow. When we get to some slower water we came up beside them and I gave the guy a couple basic lessons on strokes since it looked like he was going to be doing most of the work.

We left them at that and when we got back to the park and turned the canoe in, we mentioned to the employees about what happened. No news of drownings or missing people on the river so I guess they made it back.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

carrionman posted:

It's the middle of summer here, and the main holiday of the year for most of the country, which means more idiots than usual out and about.

One of the more popular walks near me is about a 12km round trip and starts off with a 700m climb over about 2km. The amount of people I saw as I was coming down who both:
-Had waited until about 3pm to start their walk
-didn't have any water with them despite it being about 27 degrees
Absolutely boggled my mind. It took me about 4 hrs all up and even 2 litres of water felt a bit skimpy by the end
Admittedly I'm a big bastard so hill climbs make me work pretty hard but drat people
Lots of food for you if you were a vulture.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Internet Wizard posted:

My dad's a surgeon in a small town (so he does a lot of on-call nights to help put people back together), and the only thing he hates more than drunk snowmobiling are the people who take their ATVs on the snowmobile trails during the summer.

Is this because they also gently caress themselves up, or because they tear up the trail and make ruts and poo poo?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I feel like in places where there are bushes or tall grass off of (well defined) trails, why the gently caress don't they just let the dog poo poo OFF the trail and not even bother bagging it?
Like, how can you tell it from Coyote poo poo, or fox poo poo or whatever, and at least then it will just naturally decompose in a few weeks or however long it takes, and there is one less bag of poo poo either sitting next to the trail, or ending up in the dump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

The Aardvark posted:

I imagine the remains of dog food in dog poo poo is not natural to that area, so it's not a good thing to do. Like people who throw their orange rinds or apple cores off the path since "It's natural and will decompose," even though those also are not part of that area.

Perhaps, but its probably still better than bag of poo poo on trail.