Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Do you think someone actually said this to Macklemore while he was wearing thrift shop clothing? Do you think anyone has actually uttered this phrase ever in actuality? When is the last time someone used "honky" as a term of endearment.

Seems pretty fake and stupid to lie about black guys thinking your cool but then again I'm not famous rapper Macklemore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Actually that was me OP, i passed a guy and blurted that out because his thrify find was so fresh. I later found out that man was macklemore and we've been battling this out in court ever since. Dude stole my words and made millions, not cool

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The way I heard it they said "Dang, that's a cold rear end honky" but Macklemore wanted to make it more street.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I'm walking around my house and I can't stop repeating the phrase in the voice from the song and my wife is annoyed so I made this thread.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Does somebody say "Pissssssssss" for a good long time in that song? I like that part.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I’m phoneposting but pretend I posted that picture of him dressed up as a hook nosed Jew

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

lol oh this old thing?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

keep honking im a goose!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I thought honkey was a currency in canada

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
honkey is our word

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Conk

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone did say it, but about a goose they saw outside in the winter and not about Mr. Mackerel

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
The black characters in Ben Shapiro's terrible novel all call white people "honkies" so I think it's safe to say that no real black person uses the word.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Alright let's regroup and rethink. This is not going well.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Doppelganger posted:

The black characters in Ben Shapiro's terrible novel all call white people "honkies" so I think it's safe to say that no real black person uses the word.

Oh man. He has a novel?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Oh man. He has a novel?
I've only listened to podcasters do readings from it, but yeah. It's really bad.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/what-we-learned-from-ben-shapiros-61013395/

e: Also, the host is a former goon.

Doppelganger fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 6, 2020

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Doppelganger posted:

Hes so embarassing

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Jesus christ one of his songs has 804m views on youtube and I've never heard of him despite listening to a ton of rap. gently caress I'm old.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Happy Hedonist posted:

Jesus christ one of his songs has 804m views on youtube and I've never heard of him despite listening to a ton of rap. gently caress I'm old.

his big song Thrift Shop has 1.5 billion and its terrible. Its full of bad jokes and bad flow

"walk into the club like wat up I got a big cock" and then he raps about thrift store clothes

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I have not heard the slightest mention of this honky for at least 5 years now. Is he dead? Disappeared like a dog

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

drat that's a cold rear end, honky!

It's what I've said looking at the chilled, bare rump of a white man presented flaringly to me out doors on a winter's day

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Reported everyone in this thread for using the H-word

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Caesar Saladin posted:

his big song Thrift Shop has 1.5 billion and its terrible. Its full of bad jokes and bad flow

"walk into the club like wat up I got a big cock" and then he raps about thrift store clothes

Pretty sure the song is supposed to be funny

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Reported everyone in this thread for using the H-word

I used a soft H

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

I used a soft H

*in this cockney accent* 'Allo, 'allo, wots dis cold rear end 'onkey doin' 'ere?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

So was this just an excuse to complain about how minimum wage workers make too much money or

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure the song is supposed to be funny

its not very funny though and its mostly chorus

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes when I'm at a function with my girlfriend I'll lean over to her and whisper, "drat, there sure are a lot of honkies in here."

She's never amused.

edit - we're both honkies

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like, the music video makes it pretty clear it's supposed to be silly, what with the grown rear end dudes riding thrift shop tricycles and all

I think people with terminal irony poisoning are confused because they're obviously having fun with it, like the whole point of thrift shop finds is they're so cheap that it doesn't matter what you do with them

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Like, the music video makes it pretty clear it's supposed to be silly, what with the grown rear end dudes riding thrift shop tricycles and all

I think people with terminal irony poisoning are confused because they're obviously having fun with it, like the whole point of thrift shop finds is they're so cheap that it doesn't matter what you do with them

it just sucks though, its not very funny and the verses are poo poo flow

and its a song about thrift shops that starts with a line about having a big cock

and the stupid hook goes "this is loving awesome" and that sucks too

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

it just sucks though, its not very funny and the verses are poo poo flow

and its a song about thrift shops that starts with a line about having a big cock

and the stupid hook goes "this is loving awesome" and that sucks too

It's a pop song about nothing.
You don't have to love it

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I went to a macklemore concert in TYOOL 2019, because the tickets were free. Honestly, would probably do it again; He was super high energy, the nostalgia was powerful, and christ do i now miss live music

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Brendan Frasier in "Encino Man" started out as a cold rear end honkey but then Pauly Shore and Samwise Gamgee defrosted him and taught him how to be chill

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Indeed.
Olle the Iceman, frozen in the Alps and believed to be one of the first of the rear end eating honkies was cold as hell for milenia

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssasaaaassssssss

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssasaaaassssssss

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
BUT poo poo, IT WAS 99 CENTS!

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

GORDON posted:

Sometimes when I'm at a function with my girlfriend I'll lean over to her and whisper, "drat, there sure are a lot of honkies in here."

She's never amused.

edit - we're both honkies

im going to steal your girlfriend

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

It's a pop song about nothing.
You don't have to love it

its very clearly about buying clothes at a thrift shop, its not about nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
What's next in the CD changer, that Fun album nobody remembers from the same year? Do we need some XX blended with Dido on the track to become the next Blink 183?